The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

Solid season 6 premiere! I definitely missed Barney! I laughed so hard when he looked back to see the girl. Why was Rachel Bilson in the episode? Hopefully there was a reason she was in the episode today and we find out as the season unravels. Really confused on the wedding situation, it could be Rachel Bilson's character's wedding? But then why would Ted be the best man? Confuuuuusseeedd! Anywhoo, so stoked that the show is back!

Solid season 6 premiere! I definitely missed Barney! I laughed so hard when he looked back to see the girl. Why was Rachel Bilson in the episode? Hopefully there was a reason she was in the episode today and we find out as the season unravels. Really confused on the wedding situation, it could be Rachel Bilson's character's wedding? But then why would Ted be the best man? Confuuuuusseeedd! Anywhoo, so stoked that the show is back!

Barney's wedding?

I kinda have a theory on who's wedding it was.

I don't think the wedding situation is that confusing. I automatically assumed that the wedding was between Rachel Bilson's character and the other girl. I would assume that there would be no groomsman in a lesbian wedding but because Ted was a big part in helping Rachel Bilson's character figure out that she liked girls and eventually finding her partner, it makes sense that she would ask him to be the best man.

Also, the episode told us that Ted would meet the mother at that wedding which makes sense because the mother is Rachel Bilson's character's roommate.

I don't think the wedding situation is that confusing. I automatically assumed that the wedding was between Rachel Bilson's character and the other girl. I would assume that there would be no groomsman in a lesbian wedding but because Ted was a big part in helping Rachel Bilson's character figure out that she liked girls and eventually finding her partner, it makes sense that she would ask him to be the best man.

Also, the episode told us that Ted would meet the mother at that wedding which makes sense because the mother is Rachel Bilson's character's roommate.

Never thought of it that way, it makes more sense now. I thought it was Barney's and Robin's wedding at first, but then I thought why would Ted's wife be at that wedding. Then wondering why Ted would be the best man at the lesbian wedding. That's where I got confused :P

i dont pay much attn to this show, but i've watched maybe like 3 eps.

but if it is getting into the wedding drama bullcrap and all that business, i think it's time to play the

129_795_500x500.jpg

card

Clearly you are qualified to make that call... being so knowledgeable about the show and whatnot. So if there is a mention of a wedding a couple years into the future, it automatically means it's jumping the shark?

That deserves the Ellington facepalm,

ellingtonfacepalm-1.png

When something is so stupid that you don't even want to show your face for fear of being associated with it; even just to facepalm.

It also doesn't make sense that the wedding would be between Barney and Robin. If Barney was getting married, why would he ask Ted if he was nervous. Wouldn't Barney be more nervous about getting married than Ted giving best man speech?

Marshal is the name of the guy you are thinking of, and he's already Married to Lilly. Barney is Neil Patrick Harris' character. Do you actually watch the show? I mean, it's one thing to mix up the names, but you clearly saw Marshal talking with Ted in about 3-4 scenes, you SHOULD know that he was already married, even if you mixed up the names.

In order, from left to right:

Barney, Robin, Ted, Lilly, Marshal.

how_i_met_your_mother_cast1.jpg

Marshal is the name of the guy you are thinking of, and he's already Married to Lilly. Barney is Neil Patrick Harris' character. Do you actually watch the show? I mean, it's one thing to mix up the names, but you clearly saw Marshal talking with Ted in about 3-4 scenes, you SHOULD know that he was already married, even if you mixed up the names.

In order, from left to right:

Barney, Robin, Ted, Lilly, Marshal.

Yes, I do watch the show. I thought Ted was talking to Barney but I guess my memory was wrong. Anyways, I still believe the show implied that the wedding was Cindy's (Rachel Bilson's character) and not Barney and Robin's.

Archived