Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Markus Alexander Cody

******* OFFICIAL IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH/IPOD/IPAD THREAD*******

1,038 posts in this topic

This is the thread for all iPod Touch, iPod and iPhone talk. Want to talk about your favourite apps or recommended? Talk about it here. Technical difficulties or any questions? Anybody is free to ask and answer. So away we go!!

So I'll start things off...

I'm getting an iPhone in a month. Anybody who owns an iPhone wanna give me the general details and all that stuff? (excluding it's basically an ipod Touch just with camera and wifi on the go and you can talk on the phone). And how is the text messaging and vibration (if any) system?

Edit: Added to the official² thread.

I would like to get either a Iphone or a Ipod Touch in the upcoming months myself.

My Personal Picks:

Games: iKick, Madden 10, FS5 Hockey, Paper Toss, Monopoly,

Apps: Concerts, iFitness, eBuddy, Facebook, Twitterific, Flixster, Drinking Lite, My Nearest, Urbanspoon, Translink, Idiot Test, R u drunk, Shotgun, iBeer, Last.fm, Imeem

Sports Fan Must Haves: Fstream/WunderRadio (Stream team1040), SportsApp (Scores), HNIC App

I don't get how Twitterific is so good :/ I personally like Echofon better and you MUST have ScoreMobile and CBC Hockey.

Downloaded this app called CashMachine. Its a game where you line up 3 or more of the items. Been addicted to it ever since yesterday.

TransitMaps is a really great app... Can't live without it.

Skype is also a must. And if you're into wildly addicting games, shell out the money for Flight Control.

I'm kind of a cheapskate when it comes to apps so i only have free ones so far.

Best ones IMO are:

GAMES

• GTI racing

• Endless Racing

• Fling

• Paper Toss

• Papi Jump

• TapTap Revenge

• Space Monkey

• SGN Golf

• Uno

• Virtual Tennis 2

• Diagnose the Disease (good if you're a medical geek like i am lol)

Productive/Tools:

• Around me (amazingly helpful at finding various facilities in your area)

• Canpages

• Free Translator

• Units converter

• UMMS Medical Encyclopedia

• Movies

• Score mobile

• Translink

• Weather Eye

• Urban Spoon

• Wikipanion

• Zoom Photo (because the regular iPhone camera doesn't have zoom)

I will be getting my iphone tomorrow!

Now for Christmas i want a bedroom iphone dock/alarm clock. I want something that sounds GREAT and is high quality. I am looking a this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Research-Clock-Radio-Players/dp/B0015ADJW0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259081877&sr=1-2

Anyone have other suggestions? this one is really pricey, but has excellent reviews. I love the throwback styling as well.

Love my iPod touch, pretty convenient for those 2 hour breaks at college. I heard you can't use iTunes gift cards for apps, is that still true?

Love my iPod touch, pretty convenient for those 2 hour breaks at college. I heard you can't use iTunes gift cards for apps, is that still true?

I'm getting an iPhone in a month. Anybody who owns an iPhone wanna give me the general details and all that stuff? (excluding it's basically an ipod Touch just with camera and wifi on the go and you can talk on the phone). And how is the text messaging and vibration (if any) system?

The iPhone is basically an iPod Touch with camera and WiFi on the go. Adding to this, it also acts as a phone.

Best iPhone apps

4link (Online Connect 4 playing against people around world - includes ranks and chat rooms)

Galcon ( Online strategy game, ranks as well very fun)

Field runners (one of the best apps of all-time)

Most importantly, If you have a jailbroken iPhone, get Installous for free apps, Cydia, and also Winterboard

guys should look into remote tap. not only is it like air mouse or snatch or other iphone "mouse" apps, it also lets you see your desktop, open windows on your dock, etc. pretty sweet