The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******* OFFICIAL IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH/IPOD/IPAD THREAD*******

Markus Alexander Cody

So I'll start things off...

I'm getting an iPhone in a month. Anybody who owns an iPhone wanna give me the general details and all that stuff? (excluding it's basically an ipod Touch just with camera and wifi on the go and you can talk on the phone). And how is the text messaging and vibration (if any) system?

My Personal Picks:

Games: iKick, Madden 10, FS5 Hockey, Paper Toss, Monopoly,

Apps: Concerts, iFitness, eBuddy, Facebook, Twitterific, Flixster, Drinking Lite, My Nearest, Urbanspoon, Translink, Idiot Test, R u drunk, Shotgun, iBeer, Last.fm, Imeem

Sports Fan Must Haves: Fstream/WunderRadio (Stream team1040), SportsApp (Scores), HNIC App

I'm kind of a cheapskate when it comes to apps so i only have free ones so far.

Best ones IMO are:

GAMES

• GTI racing

• Endless Racing

• Fling

• Paper Toss

• Papi Jump

• TapTap Revenge

• Space Monkey

• SGN Golf

• Uno

• Virtual Tennis 2

• Diagnose the Disease (good if you're a medical geek like i am lol)

Productive/Tools:

• Around me (amazingly helpful at finding various facilities in your area)

• Canpages

• Free Translator

• Units converter

• UMMS Medical Encyclopedia

• Movies

• Score mobile

• Translink

• Weather Eye

• Urban Spoon

• Wikipanion

• Zoom Photo (because the regular iPhone camera doesn't have zoom)

I will be getting my iphone tomorrow!

Now for Christmas i want a bedroom iphone dock/alarm clock. I want something that sounds GREAT and is high quality. I am looking a this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Research-Clock-Radio-Players/dp/B0015ADJW0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259081877&sr=1-2

Anyone have other suggestions? this one is really pricey, but has excellent reviews. I love the throwback styling as well.

I'm getting an iPhone in a month. Anybody who owns an iPhone wanna give me the general details and all that stuff? (excluding it's basically an ipod Touch just with camera and wifi on the go and you can talk on the phone). And how is the text messaging and vibration (if any) system?

Best iPhone apps

4link (Online Connect 4 playing against people around world - includes ranks and chat rooms)

Galcon ( Online strategy game, ranks as well very fun)

Field runners (one of the best apps of all-time)

Most importantly, If you have a jailbroken iPhone, get Installous for free apps, Cydia, and also Winterboard

Archived