The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******* OFFICIAL IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH/IPOD/IPAD THREAD*******

Markus Alexander Cody

Okay, I got a few questions.

I recently bought an iphone from my friend for a decent price, but I have not put the data plan on yet.

With my current normal phone, i pay 70-75 a month.

My question is what is the cost of the data plans? and what does it include. I would need unlimited texting.

And i don't really talk too much on the phone.

_________

My sister picked up a brochure for me about the data plans.

Monthly fee: $50

Minutes incl: 100 weekdays, + 100 bonus

Evenings +weekend included: Unlimited

Choose one feature. : I would take the unlimited Texting

Bonus: 1 month of unlimited local calling

Additional voice rate: 35cents / minute

Additional data rate: 3 cents/MB

Government Reg Rec fee : $2.58

So would all this be cheaper than what I am paying now? and is this what the data plan is? Is this the best data plan available?

Thanks.

So basically unless I'm using a WiFi hotspot, I'll be using up my 500MB data. And Voice Mail 10 is what again? And the only movies I have are The Proposal and Hot Rod that I normally watch anyways. I've been with Telus for 3 years but I'm not sure how long my mom has been with Telus. Does the data plan cost per month affect how big your iPhone is? Like if it's 16GB, it would still be $50 per month (if I choose to go that way)?

I recently bought an iphone from my friend for a decent price, but I have not put the data plan on yet.

My question is what is the cost of the data plans? and what does it include. I would need unlimited texting.

_________

So would all this be cheaper than what I am paying now? and is this what the data plan is? Is this the best data plan available?

Thanks.

^How much data are you getting though?

Yes, I'd say ANYTHING is cheaper than what you're getting now.

Lol @ Government Reg fee. Read the fineprint; it has absolutely nothing to do with the government. I'm guessing this is Rogers? --> Robbers! They advertised that they took away system access fees, but really, you end up paying more becomes of all the extra fees they put on that are VERY misleading.

_________

Thanks.

Yes, this is what a data plan is. Data plan is basically a regular plan but includes data.

If you are with Telus: http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/clear_choice_iphone/index.shtml

Bell: http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpWls_RtpDetails.page?wlcs_catalog_category_id=RealTimeRatePlans

Rogers: I don't know...there website is hell a lot hard to navigate.

Yes sorry i forgot to add that in. It is 500mb of data. That is enough for me.

lol okay lets read the fineprint:

The government Regulatory Recovery Fee ranges from $2.46 to $2.58/line/month (varies by province and plan selected) It is applied to help fund fees, costs and other amounts related to federal , provincial, and/or municipal mandates, programs and requirments. it is not a tax or charge the government requires Rogers to collect and is subject to change.

= another reason why I call Rogers --> Robbers.

Anyway, the plan is alright... it's on par with any other plan you'd get for 50 dollars (regardless of your carrier). Even if there was something different, it would be VERY minor.

Go for it.

Does the mail application work for you guys? I mean I know I can view it but for some odd reason, when I delete my email via hotmail on that app, I check my hotmail and it's still there <_<

yea when i delete mail on my phone it still shows up on my hotmail on the computer

in some cases it's good though because sometimes i like to delete mail from my phone but still keep it on file in my hotmail mailbox

Archived