34 replies to this topic

#1 luongo.is.god

luongo.is.god

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

After seeing the special on cyclone taylor during the intermission of the Kings game, it got me thinking about vancouver's oldest jersey: the old maroon vancouver millionaires one. We've all seen montreal sport about 5 different jerseys in the last month, as well as other teams like toronto (with the st pats) and detroit (with the old "D"), so why not us? I think it's a cool jersey with lots of history, including our one and only stanley cup win, so why not show it off for a game? Who knows, maybe it will spark something with the current nucks and inspire them to (finally) win it all this year? (probably not, but i can dream right??) Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this.
Attached File  Vancouver Millionaires.jpg   11.4KB   66 downloads
Posted Image Posted Image
"Another game for MILOS!!!"......................................................................................................................................................."Fighting for a legacy"

Posted Image

Canucks - So good that even when they lose, they sometimes win!

#2 Slim Guru 604

Slim Guru 604

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:39 PM

After seeing the special on cyclone taylor during the intermission of the Kings game, it got me thinking about vancouver's oldest jersey: the old maroon vancouver millionaires one. We've all seen montreal sport about 5 different jerseys in the last month, as well as other teams like toronto (with the st pats) and detroit (with the old "D"), so why not us? I think it's a cool jersey with lots of history, including our one and only stanley cup win, so why not show it off for a game? Who knows, maybe it will spark something with the current nucks and inspire them to (finally) win it all this year? (probably not, but i can dream right??) Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this.

I like the jersey and think it would be a good idea to use it once in a while.

#3 Bring Back the V

Bring Back the V

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:40 PM

The Canucks don't own the rights to it.

The Vancouver Giants wore the Millionaires jerseys last night. I was they - they looked great!

highlights from the game:

#4 Auximenes

Auximenes

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,857 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

I like it
wouldn't mind getting one of those actually

look really good
Posted Image
The Russian Rocket - Vintage Canuck

#5 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

Actually not a bad idea. I wouldn't be opposed to it maybe once in a blue moon.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#6 LoneI2anger

LoneI2anger

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

if the giants can wear it im sure canucks can somehow find a way to get that or maybe the skate logo. itd sure be awesome to have that!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

Giants have done this already.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#8 Bring Back the V

Bring Back the V

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

The Canucks don't own the rights to it.

The Vancouver Giants wore the Millionaires jerseys last night. I was they - they looked great!

highlights from the game:

Here are some pictures from the game:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Bring Back the V

Bring Back the V

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

Ok, now you've inspired me - I'm wearing my Millionaires jersey to the game tonight.
Thanks!

#10 luongo.is.god

luongo.is.god

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

Ok, now you've inspired me - I'm wearing my Millionaires jersey to the game tonight.
Thanks!

Where did you get yours from? I haven't seen them in stores anywhere
"Another game for MILOS!!!"......................................................................................................................................................."Fighting for a legacy"

Posted Image

Canucks - So good that even when they lose, they sometimes win!

#11 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

i think every team in the NHL should wear their very 1st jersey, not an updated version of it, but the actual 1st jersey that they ever wore for 1 game, i think that would be quite cool and interesting, ive been meaning to voice this opinion but no other topic seems to be related to this idea.
Posted Image

#12 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

those jerseys arent actually bad, you would think they would horrible cause they so old, but not bad imo
Posted Image

#13 Jimmy.crack.corn

Jimmy.crack.corn

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Those jerseys look sick in game action on the Giants players...

Love the cream colored pants!! haha
woooo no sig!!!

#14 Likewise

Likewise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

Those jerseys look sick in game action on the Giants players...

Love the cream colored pants!! haha

..that's not cream :lol:
obviously mayonnaise

Edited by ♥Likewise♥, 28 November 2009 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

The Millionaires and the Canucks may have been based in the same city, but they're completely different organizations in completely different leagues. The only connections are the city and the battle for the Stanley Cup - which used to be a challenge trophy not limited to just the NHL.
I don't think the NHL allows the promotion of non-NHL affiliated product, even if it's historical. As far as they're concerned, hockey didn't exist in this city before 1970 - even though the Canucks have been around since 1945.

Edited by raven warrior, 28 November 2009 - 05:36 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Nuck1ehead

Nuck1ehead

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

I like how retro the color is.

#17 Bring Back the V

Bring Back the V

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

Where did you get yours from? I haven't seen them in stores anywhere

Someone bought me mine as a gift.
They were selling them at the Giants game - I think that it was these guys:
http://www.thorcentr...m/vmsports.html
I have the sweater - I don't see it on the website though. Check the contact page on the website.

#18 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

I remember the Giants wore them for a game last season as well. I went to that game, thought the jerseys (particularly the pants) looked awesome. Would love to see the Canucks do the same.

#19 Spaniel Sedin

Spaniel Sedin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

i think every team in the NHL should wear their very 1st jersey, not an updated version of it, but the actual 1st jersey that they ever wore for 1 game, i think that would be quite cool and interesting, ive been meaning to voice this opinion but no other topic seems to be related to this idea.

Those jerseys would be pretty old and tattered, lol, it might be hard to track them all down too.

Posted Image

CoHo "The Slammin Salmon"

#20 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

this looks better then the red and blue ones Habs wore last season. The candy cane ones.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#21 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

this looks better then the red and blue ones Habs wore last season. The candy cane ones.

Yeah, these:
Posted Image
They hurt my eyes.

I'd like to see the Canucks in this:
Posted Image
...even if they are Flames colours. We had them first!

Edited by raven warrior, 28 November 2009 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image

#22 canucksrule10

canucksrule10

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

i like the jerseys

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
GoaltenderInterference

He will play, You know he'll play, He'll play on crutches, He'll play, and He'll play at Madison Square Gardens on Tuesday Night!

#23 c0medyClub

c0medyClub

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

They're alright.

Not nearly as bad as those hideous Habs striped disasters. Who the hell came up with those?
Posted Image
credit to CaptainUnderpants!

Posted Image

LED ZEPPELIN IS GROSSLY OVERRATED

#24 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

The Canucks don't use the Millionares jerserys because they have nothing to do with our modern Canucks the old jerseys or th habs, leafs, and wings were from when they started in the nhl. The Canucks were started in the '70s and have a lot of different jerseys. I think it would be cool if the Canucks used the Millionaires sweaters it would be like what the Giants have done. I would love to own a wool millionaires sweater.
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#25 Rozzy

Rozzy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

Those jerseys would be pretty old and tattered, lol, it might be hard to track them all down too.

lol...I'm sure he didn't mean the actual jerseys that they wore back then, he meant remade ones that are exactly the same, and not updated or altered in any way.

Posted Image

Q-----U-----E-----E-----N-----S-----O-----F-----T-----H-----E-----S-----T-----O-----N-----E-----A-----G-----E

#26 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

The Canucks don't use the Millionares jerserys because they have nothing to do with our modern Canucks the old jerseys or th habs, leafs, and wings were from when they started in the nhl. The Canucks were started in the '70s and have a lot of different jerseys. I think it would be cool if the Canucks used the Millionaires sweaters it would be like what the Giants have done. I would love to own a wool millionaires sweater.

The Canucks were founded in 1945. The team moved from the old WHL to the NHL in 1970.
Posted Image

#27 shuks2

shuks2

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

i think these r the sweaters the canucks should wear if they were to play in a winter classic game

#28 Guest_Voucer_*

Guest_Voucer_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Isac Rukebov, 28 November 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#29 georgeparrosesmustache

georgeparrosesmustache

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

those uniforms are so dope

Posted Image

Pleasejustwin.

#30 Xx Malcolm

Xx Malcolm

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

They looks so ridiculous haha. That is retro for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.