The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Millionaires Jersey

luongo.is.god

After seeing the special on cyclone taylor during the intermission of the Kings game, it got me thinking about vancouver's oldest jersey: the old maroon vancouver millionaires one. We've all seen montreal sport about 5 different jerseys in the last month, as well as other teams like toronto (with the st pats) and detroit (with the old "D"), so why not us? I think it's a cool jersey with lots of history, including our one and only stanley cup win, so why not show it off for a game? Who knows, maybe it will spark something with the current nucks and inspire them to (finally) win it all this year? (probably not, but i can dream right??) Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this.

post-49191-125945116344_thumb.jpg

After seeing the special on cyclone taylor during the intermission of the Kings game, it got me thinking about vancouver's oldest jersey: the old maroon vancouver millionaires one. We've all seen montreal sport about 5 different jerseys in the last month, as well as other teams like toronto (with the st pats) and detroit (with the old "D"), so why not us? I think it's a cool jersey with lots of history, including our one and only stanley cup win, so why not show it off for a game? Who knows, maybe it will spark something with the current nucks and inspire them to (finally) win it all this year? (probably not, but i can dream right??) Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this.

i think every team in the NHL should wear their very 1st jersey, not an updated version of it, but the actual 1st jersey that they ever wore for 1 game, i think that would be quite cool and interesting, ive been meaning to voice this opinion but no other topic seems to be related to this idea.

The Millionaires and the Canucks may have been based in the same city, but they're completely different organizations in completely different leagues. The only connections are the city and the battle for the Stanley Cup - which used to be a challenge trophy not limited to just the NHL.

I don't think the NHL allows the promotion of non-NHL affiliated product, even if it's historical. As far as they're concerned, hockey didn't exist in this city before 1970 - even though the Canucks have been around since 1945.

i think every team in the NHL should wear their very 1st jersey, not an updated version of it, but the actual 1st jersey that they ever wore for 1 game, i think that would be quite cool and interesting, ive been meaning to voice this opinion but no other topic seems to be related to this idea.

Archived