The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Millionaires Jersey

luongo.is.god

After seeing the special on cyclone taylor during the intermission of the Kings game, it got me thinking about vancouver's oldest jersey: the old maroon vancouver millionaires one. We've all seen montreal sport about 5 different jerseys in the last month, as well as other teams like toronto (with the st pats) and detroit (with the old "D"), so why not us? I think it's a cool jersey with lots of history, including our one and only stanley cup win, so why not show it off for a game? Who knows, maybe it will spark something with the current nucks and inspire them to (finally) win it all this year? (probably not, but i can dream right??) Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this.

post-49191-125945116344_thumb.jpg

The Canucks don't use the Millionares jerserys because they have nothing to do with our modern Canucks the old jerseys or th habs, leafs, and wings were from when they started in the nhl. The Canucks were started in the '70s and have a lot of different jerseys. I think it would be cool if the Canucks used the Millionaires sweaters it would be like what the Giants have done. I would love to own a wool millionaires sweater.

The Giants players HATED the pants. They were styled to look period but were too tight. But man did they look sharp. I have heard one rumour that the Giants might have an agreement in the works to use it as their 3rd jersey. After the CHL moved to the RBK Edge sweaters this year no team has a 3rd until next season.

Local Heavy metal rocker Thor owns the rights to the logo and jersey.

• 2 years later...

Archived