The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Andersson | D

Get real canuck fans

I think developing physically will come faster playing against men in the SEL.

Learning the North American game, I think will be done when he plays on the Moose.

In my opinion, anyway.

I think he means Physicality. He isn't the biggest guy but if he could become a player like oshie whos strong on his feet and is a good 2 way player if he can develop the NA side of the game

I think he means Physicality. He isn't the biggest guy but if he could become a player like oshie whos strong on his feet and is a good 2 way player if he can develop the NA side of the game

thank you, was trying to say that. Yeah I think having Rodin over would really benefit his potential to really become an impactful player for us down the road. When Eddy came over to play in Kelowna it really progressed his game and he said himself, he became a more physical player than before. Doesn't always work for everyone but wouldn't hurt to try him here before he turns 20.

• 1 month later...

What's been going on with Peter now? Is he still playing with SEL?

Yes, but he has been out with an injury. Before that he was getting a regular shift.

edit: Apparently he has fractured a scaphoid bone and will miss the rest of the season.

He has good size, listed at 6'3 194 lbs. Wide shoulders, could probably fill out to 215.

To come in to the SEL and play a regular shift as an 18 year old rookie is impressive. He put up numbers similar to Victor Hedman in his rookie year. Daniel Rahimi, for comparison purposes, played in a division-1 league and only spent 19 games in the ECHL. I think Andersson could easily make the jump to the AHL and maybe even round out the top four in a year or so.

I was wondering if he is a two way defenseman , offensive/ puckmoving defenseman, or a defensive defenseman. What is his greatest feature about him?

i would compare him to Ohlund. solid defensively can make the good first pass out the zone but don't expect him to score as much.

Too bad to hear he ended up injured and done for the season. This guy is really interesting to me because he seems like the biggest mystery we have. Don't really hear anything about him over here, and from the sounds of it...he's not the kind of player who's going to draw a lot of attention with flashy play or anything.

Hoping this works out though...obviously. :)

Anyone know why Andersson is in Vancouver?

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=15191 <--Look @ photo 7.

Oh wow, nice find. He signed a year extension in Sweden, so he's not here for a contract.

He's currently injured (broken bone in hand) and is sitting with Dave Gagner. He could be here to meet with the FO and just talk about how his season went, things they liked, things he needs to work on etc. Possibly gauging where he is and if he'll come over for 2011/2012.

farhan devji stated that the canucks invited andersson and rodin to come hang out and check out van.... maybe practice with the team a bit.

-rodin's team lost today, so his season is done. He should be joining andersson here soon.

• 3 months later...

Man, this guy is so underrated on these boards.

He puts up a decent amount of points, no matter where he plays, he's good defensively, plus he's tall and filling out.

What will be good in the accelerated learning curve for the 6-foot-3, 194-pound Andersson is the opportunity to play a full elite season with Brynas where he had six points (2-4) in 10 games

What Andersson is good at is what Edler has become known for after being a third-round pick in 2004. Excellent at the outset from making a good first pass

"He's calm with the puck like Alex and that's why he reminds us of him and that's where the comparison is drawn," said Gagner. "And he really adjusted well to the elite league level and was ahead of everybody's expectations. What we like about him is that he's very athletic and playing a bigger role next year with men at that level of skill is going to be huge for him.

I guess.

But everyone rates Sauve and Kevin as our best defensive prospects, when Andersson actually is.

Like I said No one knows enough about him to be able to rate him. Andersson plays in the SEL and only had like 10 games like stated in this thread and I doubt anyone here has seen him play. Sauve plays in the Q where a lot of people can watch him and Connauton played for the Giants so of course a lot of people know what he can do and have seem him play.

Not to mention just looking at the stats, the fact Andersson was injured just makes fans not really pay much attention because there is nothing to talk about. Im sure now that we have Andersson, Rodin and Lack signed fans will pay more attention to the SEL and we will learn more about them. Hey in the end of the day who cares that they aren't getting over hyped by fans on CDC, less hype means less pressure and Im sure they're ok with that.

Archived