The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Andersson | D

Get real canuck fans

Is he injured? Or just not playing well? I mean even for a defenseman it's not normal for them to go pointless throughout the season

Something to note, SEL teams (well almost all Swedish leagues) are able to carry 7-8 defensemen every game and even if they do not play a minute in the game, they are considered "active" and will have a game played assigned to them.

I've followed Andersson's TOI very closely during the year. At least 10 of those games, he was benched. At least 4 of those games, he saw around 5 min TOI. I'd link the SEL website to you guys, but they've wiped their 2010-2011 stats.

Hope that explains some, but still not a good year by any means, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone been following Andersson's season this year and could give us an update to his play? I had high hopes for him two years back when he was holding his own in the SEL right after draft year with a good showing in the WJC, but then the injury bug hit and he seemed to have fell off the face of the earth.

What are the chances that we will see him in the Wolved next year?

• 2 months later...

google translated version:

Peter Andersson ( D) leaves ÖHK

2012-05-07

Vancouver has recently decided that they want Peter Andersson to come over and train with them, about Peter not being able to play for a spot in NHL team Vancouver, he will thus be to play in Vancouver's AHL team. This means that Peter will get back to Orebro, but stays in North America throughout the season 12/13. We thank Peter Andersson of time in Orebro and wish him well. Right now, there will be a vacant site back into the squad available.

great news, I was hoping he'd be coming over soon, glad to see he'll be on the wolves next season.

It will be good for Andersson to get some big minutes on the Wolves. I don't think he was getting many minutes in the SEL from the sounds of it.

This guy appears to have all the skill sets of a young alex edler, his talent is still just very raw. He needs to figure out how to put it all together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived