• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

Peter Andersson

Defense

Born Apr 13 1991  -- Kvidinge, Sweden 

Height 6.03 -- Weight 194

Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 5 #143 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----

Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007-08  Vastra Frolunda HC          SEL     1    0    0    0    0  --  --  --  --  --

2009-10  Vastra Frolunda HC          SEL    21    1    4    5    4  --  --  --  --  --

2009-10  Boras HC                    Swe-1  10    2    4    6   12

2010-11  Boras HC                    Swe-1  30    2    2    4   24

2010-11  Vastra Frolunda HC          SEL    27    0    0    0    8  --  --  --  --  --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,237 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

Who is he...?
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#3 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

Who is he...?

Is this years 5th round pick. He is playing good minutes as an 18 year old in the Swedish Elite League for Frolunda.

#4 playstasian

playstasian

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

Shouldn't this go in Prospects section? If not congrats to him.
Posted Image
TheAgent

#5 Jaxsun

Jaxsun

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

Is this years 5th round pick. He is playing good minutes as an 18 year old in the Swedish Elite League for Frolunda.

good for him, I always thought young players barely got any ice time in the SEL wasn't Rodin effectively benched when he was called up to the SEL, even though he was managing to score very well for his ice time.
hoy

#6 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:24 PM

Who is he...?

Pick 143 – Peter Andersson, D, Frolunda Jr. (SEL)

The Canucks second pick from Sweden was a towering 6’5” defensive defenseman from Frolunda. Head European scout Thomas Gradin compares Andersson to Alexander Edler, saying he skates well for a large man and is an effective passer out of the defensive zone. The knock on him is that he doesn’t play physically for a player his size, but with added strength and confidence his abilities, he may be able to add that element to his game.
R.I.P, Rick Rypien Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Resiliency

Resiliency

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:00 AM

Congrats. :)

Posted Image

#8 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

good for him, I always thought young players barely got any ice time in the SEL wasn't Rodin effectively benched when he was called up to the SEL, even though he was managing to score very well for his ice time.

A lot of it depends on the team as well. Andersson is getting around 11:12 minutes of ice time per game, and has been dressed 15 times.

#9 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,532 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:47 AM

Good Job, Peter hopefully he can have some more success in the SEL. :)
Posted Image

#10 LostViking

LostViking

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

Great to hear this, especially after Rodin got demoted out of the SEL.

Rodin also seems to have started to put up a few points in the Allsvenskan, which is great to see.
Posted Image

#11 HansenDK

HansenDK

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

Frölunda is normally really good at giving young guys ice time. Fx. Lars Eller from blue jackets got some decent ice time during his teens in Frölunda everything really depends on skill and how the club is aiming for young talents or are using old guys that are almost certain to produce.

#12 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

Well Peter seems to be coming along nicely. Got almost 21 minutes of ice-time and had 2 assists in his last game. He had 0 points in his 1st 14 games, and now has 3 points in his last 2 games.

#13 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

Confidence must be at a all-time in the SEL for Peter after another good outing today...had 1 assist and was a +2 with 20 minutes of ice-time. Now has 4 points in 3 games,,,not gonna be Bobby Orr I am sure, but 4 points in 3 games in a step up from 0 in his 1st 14 games. Is he due to play in the World Juniors?

#14 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• 26,532 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

Confidence must be at a all-time in the SEL for Peter after another good outing today...had 1 assist and was a +2 with 20 minutes of ice-time. Now has 4 points in 3 games,,,not gonna be Bobby Orr I am sure, but 4 points in 3 games in a step up from 0 in his 1st 14 games. Is he due to play in the World Juniors?

He wasn't on their roster. Rodin was the lone Canuck Prospect on it.
Posted Image

#15 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

As I recall he is on a loan to Frolunda...

And I think his team will take him back at the end of December. He will get more icetime playing with Frolunda.. so hopefully his old team can trade him.
Posted Image

#16 falcon

falcon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

As I recall he is on a loan to Frolunda...

And I think his team will take him back at the end of December. He will get more icetime playing with Frolunda.. so hopefully his old team can trade him.

Is he on loan? I was under the impression that he was simply promoted to the SEL due to Frolunda's injuries... I hope he gets to stay because I've heard that Frolunda is pretty good at bringing young players along.

From all accounts Andersson has flourished in the SEL and that is no easy feat for an 18 YO. 4 points in his last 3 games. I would say I am even more pleased so far with him than with Connauton, given Andersson's age, draft position and quality of competition he's facing.

Very happy with both this pick and Connauton. IMO both have risen way above what is expected from them by their draft position. 2009 draft looks very good thus far.

Edited by falcon, 12 December 2009 - 07:07 PM.

#17 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

AFAIK, and according to EliteProspects, Peter Andersson is under a junior contract with Frolunda HC.

Considering EP is pretty reliable with contract status (they listed Larsen as having a NHL contract, Filatov as under loan), I'd trust the site.

#18 Brayden

Brayden

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

Thats Great, 2 more SEL years then moose i think
Reppin the Ghetto of West Vancouver
Massive Fulham and CSA Supporter

#19 gray

gray

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Thats Great, 2 more SEL years then moose i think

He can come over whenever he wants (when his contract is up or if he can get out of it), as no CHL team has his rights. If he is getting that much time in the SEL, I don`t see why he couldn`t come over after one more year, or next year.

#20 fdevji

fdevji

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

So, I've just learned that Peter Andersson had been added to Sweden's World Junior team, as Erik Karlsson will be sticking with the Senators. This is great news. I spoke to Andersson a few days ago, and will be writing an article about him in the coming days, so stay tuned for that.
Recent article: Rodin's big change

Upcoming article(s): TBA

Farhan Devji is the author of The Hockey Farmer, and a freelance
journalist. Check out www.farhandevji.com for more information and
follow him on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news and opinion.

#21 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,291 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

Damn sick news!!!

Andersson and Rodin

Schroeder

This makes up for the Hodgson loss IMO.

Subbancopy.jpg

#22 gray

gray

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

So, I've just learned that Peter Andersson had been added to Sweden's World Junior team, as Erik Karlsson will be sticking with the Senators. This is great news. I spoke to Andersson a few days ago, and will be writing an article about him in the coming days, so stay tuned for that.

That's great news that they looked right to him when they needed a replacement. He really has been picking it up and playing to the level since being promoted to the SEL from what I've heard. I think he's got great potential, and getting him in the 5th and Connauton in the 3rd is looking to bolster our defensive prospect depth quite a bit.

It will be interesting now to watch Sweden and see how both him and Rodin preform.

I've heard some people say he's 6'5", but at the time of the draft he was listed as 6'3", has he really grown two inches already? How about his contract status and what he thinks of coming to the Moose next year? You think he could make the Moose next year, or even this year if he was able to?

#23 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• 26,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

That is awesome! I definitely won't be missing any Sweden games now.
Posted Image

#24 Brayden

Brayden

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

Good for him
he has turned out to be quite a steal for 5th rounder i think he will help Sweden's chances as they need big bodies
Reppin the Ghetto of West Vancouver
Massive Fulham and CSA Supporter

#25 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:51 AM

congrats to him, I hope does well, at the same time, I will continue to support my country. Some of you scare me saying you guys hope sweden does well? Why the hell would you say that? Do you punks hope team Sweden does will this year at the Olympic's because of the Sedins? No right? Then what the hell.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#26 one night

one night

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

congrats to him, I hope does well, at the same time, I will continue to support my country. Some of you scare me saying you guys hope sweden does well? Why the hell would you say that? Do you punks hope team Sweden does will this year at the Olympic's because of the Sedins? No right? Then what the hell.

If anybody is a punk it's you. Look at what you wrote, and yes we do hope that Sweden does well but nowhere do they say that they hope Sweden wins the Tournament. Once you grow up you will realize that there are some People that did come from Sweden living here in Canada just like your relatives came from somewhere else than Canada.

#27 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

Well ofcourse Canada would be my first team to cheer... but We all will be cheering for Sweden and the US as well.
Posted Image

#28 gray

gray

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

Dude, it is just a hockey tournament. Why do you care if someone hopes Sweden does well? Are you so insecure about our country that if god forbid they don't win the tournament, it would have a negative impact on your life?

Oh, and yeah I do hope the Sedin's do well at the Olympics.

Edited by gray, 21 December 2009 - 10:55 AM.

#29 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. USA

order of cheering and hopeful placement in the standings at the end of the tourney.

For both the u-20 juniors AND the Olympics.

Edited by avelanch, 21 December 2009 - 07:52 PM.

#30 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,291 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hoping for a Canada vs USA semi and a Russia vs Canada Final.

Subbancopy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.