Canucks Community

Peter Andersson | D

Get real canuck fans

Peter Andersson

Defense

Born Apr 13 1991  -- Kvidinge, Sweden 

Height 6.03 -- Weight 194

Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 5 #143 overall 2009 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----

Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007-08  Vastra Frolunda HC          SEL     1    0    0    0    0  --  --  --  --  --

2009-10  Vastra Frolunda HC          SEL    21    1    4    5    4  --  --  --  --  --

2009-10  Boras HC                    Swe-1  10    2    4    6   12

2010-11  Boras HC                    Swe-1  30    2    2    4   24

2010-11  Vastra Frolunda HC          SEL    27    0    0    0    8  --  --  --  --  --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this years 5th round pick. He is playing good minutes as an 18 year old in the Swedish Elite League for Frolunda.

good for him, I always thought young players barely got any ice time in the SEL wasn't Rodin effectively benched when he was called up to the SEL, even though he was managing to score very well for his ice time.

Who is he...?

Pick 143 – Peter Andersson, D, Frolunda Jr. (SEL)

The Canucks second pick from Sweden was a towering 6’5” defensive defenseman from Frolunda. Head European scout Thomas Gradin compares Andersson to Alexander Edler, saying he skates well for a large man and is an effective passer out of the defensive zone. The knock on him is that he doesn’t play physically for a player his size, but with added strength and confidence his abilities, he may be able to add that element to his game.

good for him, I always thought young players barely got any ice time in the SEL wasn't Rodin effectively benched when he was called up to the SEL, even though he was managing to score very well for his ice time.

A lot of it depends on the team as well. Andersson is getting around 11:12 minutes of ice time per game, and has been dressed 15 times.

Frölunda is normally really good at giving young guys ice time. Fx. Lars Eller from blue jackets got some decent ice time during his teens in Frölunda everything really depends on skill and how the club is aiming for young talents or are using old guys that are almost certain to produce.

Confidence must be at a all-time in the SEL for Peter after another good outing today...had 1 assist and was a +2 with 20 minutes of ice-time. Now has 4 points in 3 games,,,not gonna be Bobby Orr I am sure, but 4 points in 3 games in a step up from 0 in his 1st 14 games. Is he due to play in the World Juniors?

He wasn't on their roster. Rodin was the lone Canuck Prospect on it.

As I recall he is on a loan to Frolunda...

And I think his team will take him back at the end of December. He will get more icetime playing with Frolunda.. so hopefully his old team can trade him.

Is he on loan? I was under the impression that he was simply promoted to the SEL due to Frolunda's injuries... I hope he gets to stay because I've heard that Frolunda is pretty good at bringing young players along.

From all accounts Andersson has flourished in the SEL and that is no easy feat for an 18 YO. 4 points in his last 3 games. I would say I am even more pleased so far with him than with Connauton, given Andersson's age, draft position and quality of competition he's facing.

Very happy with both this pick and Connauton. IMO both have risen way above what is expected from them by their draft position. 2009 draft looks very good thus far.

Thats Great, 2 more SEL years then moose i think

He can come over whenever he wants (when his contract is up or if he can get out of it), as no CHL team has his rights. If he is getting that much time in the SEL, I don`t see why he couldn`t come over after one more year, or next year.

So, I've just learned that Peter Andersson had been added to Sweden's World Junior team, as Erik Karlsson will be sticking with the Senators. This is great news. I spoke to Andersson a few days ago, and will be writing an article about him in the coming days, so stay tuned for that.

Archived