The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Andersson | D

Get real canuck fans

He seems like a steady defensive guy, but apparently there might be some offense there too. Not alot but a bit.

after reading into him more he seems alot like Jonathan Ericsson to me.

Here's the breakdown of Ericssons game

Sounds alot like Andersson IMO, there are certainly some comparables (one being that they are both Swedish and both are late round picks)

If he could turn into this type of defensemen I would be pretty happy.

So I've seen Edler, Gunnarsson and now Ericsson comparisons. I'm starting to notice a trend...

• 2 weeks later...

Gunnarsson seems like a good comparable. Solid defensively, can skate well and move the puck, and might have some underrated offense in him too.

Don't think he'll be as physical as some of the D-men mentioned. Seems really quiet and even-keeled too, not unlike Edler's personality when he first debuted.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Time for a bump! Andersson left the game tonight after being checked from behind into the boards... no word on if he'll miss time, it'd be a real blow to the Comets if he did. He has the highest plus/minus (+8) on a team that's been in the basement all year long, putting up a real solid year so far.

I hope Andersson is okay. That hit from behind was nasty and the type that leads to concussions. Andersson was sent face first into the glass and never returned to the bench after it happened. The pairing of Andersson and Biega has been our two best D for a few weeks now.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Comets are not only getting consistent play from their fourth line and goaltenders, they are also getting stellar play from their blue-liners, most notably Peter Andersson.

The Canucks fifth round, 143rd overall, pick in 2009 is now in his third AHL season and is starting to come into his own. In 15 games, the 6-foot-4, 200-pounder has a pair of goals and a plus-11 rating, which is second in the AHL.

“I like his game a lot,” said Green. “He is one of those quiet Swedish defenceman that you see every once in a while. He just plays the game, is smart, he has gotten stronger and has a higher compete level in his battles this season. He is playing heavier and as a result he is playing a lot more and a lot better. He has become a real good defenceman for us.”

Sounds kinda like Edler

I always pull for the underdog personally. So cool seeing Andersson step up this year! even if he ends up as an Andrew Alberts type depth D, it would be great for the organization to be able to fill those type of roles with homegrown prospects!

I'd like to see him called up for a cup-o-coffee.

Seems to me it's this season or nothing. He's 23 will be 24 before the end of the season and if they don't throw him a bone this year they might not do it period. Maybe the same is true for Tommernes

• 1 month later...

Andersson missed a bunch of games with an injury and has been in and out of the lineup since returning (healthy scratch I think). To be honest I don't see much potential in him. A big body that plays small with very limited offensive upside. He had a great +/- early in the season when paired with Bobby Sanguinetti but has looked below average when paired with anyone else. Everyone has looked better when paired with Bobby S.

Archived