187 replies to this topic

#61 TRIPP3D

TRIPP3D

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

I think developing physically will come faster playing against men in the SEL.

Learning the North American game, I think will be done when he plays on the Moose.

In my opinion, anyway.

I think he means Physicality. He isn't the biggest guy but if he could become a player like oshie whos strong on his feet and is a good 2 way player if he can develop the NA side of the game

#62 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,611 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

I think he means Physicality. He isn't the biggest guy but if he could become a player like oshie whos strong on his feet and is a good 2 way player if he can develop the NA side of the game

thank you, was trying to say that. Yeah I think having Rodin over would really benefit his potential to really become an impactful player for us down the road. When Eddy came over to play in Kelowna it really progressed his game and he said himself, he became a more physical player than before. Doesn't always work for everyone but wouldn't hurt to try him here before he turns 20.

25gxmpw.png

#63 Honeydew

Honeydew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

What's been going on with Peter now? Is he still playing with SEL?

Posted Image

#64 Gnickers87

Gnickers87

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

What's been going on with Peter now? Is he still playing with SEL?

Yes, but he has been out with an injury. Before that he was getting a regular shift.

edit: Apparently he has fractured a scaphoid bone and will miss the rest of the season.

Edited by Gnickers87, 26 March 2010 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

#65 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

He has good size, listed at 6'3 194 lbs. Wide shoulders, could probably fill out to 215.

To come in to the SEL and play a regular shift as an 18 year old rookie is impressive. He put up numbers similar to Victor Hedman in his rookie year. Daniel Rahimi, for comparison purposes, played in a division-1 league and only spent 19 games in the ECHL. I think Andersson could easily make the jump to the AHL and maybe even round out the top four in a year or so.
Sig too big.

#66 Honeydew

Honeydew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:07 AM

He's got the skating, as well he's playing with men like said above I hope he really turns out to be an edler type of play style

Edited by Klueze, 27 March 2010 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

#67 Canuckee

Canuckee

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

I was wondering if he is a two way defenseman , offensive/ puckmoving defenseman, or a defensive defenseman. What is his greatest feature about him?

#68 GZA

GZA

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

I was wondering if he is a two way defenseman , offensive/ puckmoving defenseman, or a defensive defenseman. What is his greatest feature about him?

i would compare him to Ohlund. solid defensively can make the good first pass out the zone but don't expect him to score as much.

#69 Canuckee

Canuckee

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

i would compare him to Ohlund. solid defensively can make the good first pass out the zone but don't expect him to score as much.

okay thanks

#70 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

before his eye injury Ohlund had a wicked shot.

#71 Trevor Presiloski

Trevor Presiloski

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

Ohlund routinely hit double digits in goals as a Canuck.

He has more career goals than Salo.

Edited by Trevor Presiloski, 31 March 2010 - 12:33 AM.

Alive and well by the order of the Postmaster General.
The Internet Trashcan. My site. Perhaps you would like to see my etchings?
twitter.com/nettrashcan

#72 absent

absent

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

Too bad to hear he ended up injured and done for the season. This guy is really interesting to me because he seems like the biggest mystery we have. Don't really hear anything about him over here, and from the sounds of it...he's not the kind of player who's going to draw a lot of attention with flashy play or anything.

Hoping this works out though...obviously. :)

Posted Image

#73 Shekers

Shekers

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Anyone know why Andersson is in Vancouver?

http://canucks.nhl.c...ng.htm?id=15191 <--Look @ photo 7.

#74 Gnickers87

Gnickers87

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Anyone know why Andersson is in Vancouver?

http://canucks.nhl.c...ng.htm?id=15191 <--Look @ photo 7.

Oh wow, nice find. He signed a year extension in Sweden, so he's not here for a contract.

He's currently injured (broken bone in hand) and is sitting with Dave Gagner. He could be here to meet with the FO and just talk about how his season went, things they liked, things he needs to work on etc. Possibly gauging where he is and if he'll come over for 2011/2012.
Posted Image

#75 KalEl04

KalEl04

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

farhan devji stated that the canucks invited andersson and rodin to come hang out and check out van.... maybe practice with the team a bit.

-rodin's team lost today, so his season is done. He should be joining andersson here soon.

#76 wolfgang puck

wolfgang puck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

Maybe SOB will take them down to the Roxy to check out some of the local talent...

#77 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,395 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

Man, this guy is so underrated on these boards.

He puts up a decent amount of points, no matter where he plays, he's good defensively, plus he's tall and filling out.

What will be good in the accelerated learning curve for the 6-foot-3, 194-pound Andersson is the opportunity to play a full elite season with Brynas where he had six points (2-4) in 10 games

What Andersson is good at is what Edler has become known for after being a third-round pick in 2004. Excellent at the outset from making a good first pass

"He's calm with the puck like Alex and that's why he reminds us of him and that's where the comparison is drawn," said Gagner. "And he really adjusted well to the elite league level and was ahead of everybody's expectations. What we like about him is that he's very athletic and playing a bigger role next year with men at that level of skill is going to be huge for him.

#78 2 Sedins 1 cup

2 Sedins 1 cup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Man, this guy is so underrated on these boards.

He puts up a decent amount of points, no matter where he plays, he's good defensively, plus he's tall and filling out.

He isn't under rated! No one knows enough about him here to even RATE him.
Posted Image
rk17

Quote me on this. The Flames will win their Second Stanley Cup before the Canucks win their first. :P

Sometimes people shouldn't have their opinions heard.

Led Zeppelin is overrated.

#79 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,395 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

He isn't under rated! No one knows enough about him here to even RATE him.

I guess.

But everyone rates Sauve and Kevin as our best defensive prospects, when Andersson actually is.

#80 2 Sedins 1 cup

2 Sedins 1 cup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

I guess.

But everyone rates Sauve and Kevin as our best defensive prospects, when Andersson actually is.

Like I said No one knows enough about him to be able to rate him. Andersson plays in the SEL and only had like 10 games like stated in this thread and I doubt anyone here has seen him play. Sauve plays in the Q where a lot of people can watch him and Connauton played for the Giants so of course a lot of people know what he can do and have seem him play.

Not to mention just looking at the stats, the fact Andersson was injured just makes fans not really pay much attention because there is nothing to talk about. Im sure now that we have Andersson, Rodin and Lack signed fans will pay more attention to the SEL and we will learn more about them. Hey in the end of the day who cares that they aren't getting over hyped by fans on CDC, less hype means less pressure and Im sure they're ok with that.
Posted Image
rk17

Quote me on this. The Flames will win their Second Stanley Cup before the Canucks win their first. :P

Sometimes people shouldn't have their opinions heard.

Led Zeppelin is overrated.

#81 Honeydew

Honeydew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

That injury that he has pretty much took him out of the picture for a while.

Next year he'll step it up before heading over to either moose or salmon kings.

I see great things in Andersson and I hope he continues developing I see him playing a very similar style to Edler.

Who knows this guy might literally be Edler version 2.0 putting those two on the same line would do wonders on each other. I really hope he pans out to one of the d man that we might look to in the years to come when we're winning the Stanley Cups over the next couple of years.
Posted Image

#82 JohnTavares

JohnTavares

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

I want him to develop into a very good defenseman, but let's be real here.

He will most likely amount to nothing, let's keep our exceptions a tad lower...

EHL: Detroit Red Wings

medium.png

#83 GZA

GZA

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

expecting a kid to be a bust from just expecting him top 2nd -3rd pairing guy to expecting him to "amount to nothing out is not tad lower rather expecting complete failure.

its one thing to have realistic expectations and completely different to expect failure.

#84 EERO

EERO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

expecting a kid to be a bust from just expecting him top 2nd -3rd pairing guy to expecting him to "amount to nothing out is not tad lower rather expecting complete failure.

its one thing to have realistic expectations and completely different to expect failure.

So what would realistic expectations for Andersson be?

Posted Image

credit VC

#85 GZA

GZA

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

So what would realistic expectations for Andersson be?

i think anywhere in the bottom 3 would be realistic and anything more than that is a bonus.

here's a Province article about Andersson:

Blueliner Andersson 'just like Edler'

Accelerating defenceman calm with puck and makes good first pass
Peter Andersson doesn't have a big command of the English language, but he does have big aspirations to measure up to Alex Edler as another look-what-we-found blueliner for the Vancouver Canucks.At least that's what the NHL club has told its fifth-round pick from the 2009 entry draft.

Andersson made a major leap last season by playing in the world junior tournament and the Swedish Elite League, so comparisons to his countryman are only natural. Maybe they're not fair, but his rapid rise is rare and familiar, and most noticeable at the Canucks' development camp at Rogers Arena.

"I'm just like Edler -- they said it," the 19-year-old Andersson chuckled of the comparison made by Dave Gagner, the Canucks' director of player development. "That's good."

What will be good in the accelerated learning curve for the 6-foot-3, 194-pound Andersson is the opportunity to play a full elite season with Brynas where he had six points (2-4) in 10 games after amassing five points (1-4) with Vastra Frolunda in 21 games.

And with the Canucks making long-term commitments to veterans like Dan Hamhuis and Keith Ballard, and expected to extend the contract of Christian Ehrhoff, they can also be patient. No need to rush anybody because the cupboard appears to be finally stocked with other bona fide NHL prospects like Yann Sauve, Kevin Connauton, Chris Tanev and Evan Oberg.

That doesn't mean that Andersson won't push to play pro in a year. Much like Edler, getting his legs under a fast-growing frame has been a challenge and nobody wants to be a deer in the headlights.

But Andersson impressed enough to be the final player added the Swedish roster for the worlds last season, a team that included Canucks prospect Anton Rodin. Andersson had three assists in six games, including an 11-4 romp of Switzerland in the bronze-medal game, and could be like Edler. He needed just one WHL season in Kelowna before jumping to the AHL Manitoba Moose.

"It was so big for me to come over and play that tournament," said Andersson, who broke a wrist two years ago. "It was good for me to go in and do what I'm good at."

What Andersson is good at is what Edler has become known for after being a third-round pick in 2004. Excellent at the outset from making a good first pass, he has had 20-, 37-and 42-point NHL seasons and learned to lean on people. Andersson looks to have that potential.

"He's calm with the puck like Alex and that's why he reminds us of him and that's where the comparison is drawn," said Gagner. "And he really adjusted well to the elite league level and was ahead of everybody's expectations. What we like about him is that he's very athletic and playing a bigger role next year with men at that level of skill is going to be huge for him.

"We have competition from within with the next wave of D-men and that seems to project well."

For the Canucks and for Andersson.

© Copyright © The Province

Edited by GZA, 10 July 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#86 EERO

EERO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

thanks, good article. Looks like the Canucks have a lot more good D prospects than most people think

Posted Image

credit VC

#87 Kanye West

Kanye West

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

I hope he turns out like an Edler, He should try and play in the WHL. Just like Connauton did last year, And hopefully be a impact guy.

But playing in SEL isn't bad either for a 19yr old, Does anyone know his actually height?

Some say 6'3 others say 6'4

In the 1st page of this thread it's believed he's 6'5 :frantic:

Posted Image

Sig: Intoewsables

#88 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,395 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

Realistically, Peter should have no problem becoming a top 4 defenseman.

A top 2 is a possibility, if he continues to play the way he played for Brynas. He will also fill out a bit more and by the time he is NHL ready, he should be 6'3, 205 pounds.

#89 whysoserious

whysoserious

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

I hope he turns out like an Edler, He should try and play in the WHL. Just like Connauton did last year, And hopefully be a impact guy.

But playing in SEL isn't bad either for a 19yr old, Does anyone know his actually height?

Some say 6'3 others say 6'4

In the 1st page of this thread it's believed he's 6'5 :frantic:

I would rather have him playing in SEL than the WHL.
Posted Image

#90 TheFleetwoodMack

TheFleetwoodMack

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

^ But what if it's to play for the Kelowna Rockets, Hmmmmmmmmmm?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.