The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

Thanks for turning me onto The Walking Dead! I haven't read comics in many, many years but I gave this one a shot because it was so easy to downloa--- err, buy. It's really good. The only thing I don't like is how Tony Moore left the book. His art is incredible. Adlard's good sometimes but I think his drawings of people, in general, is sloppy and weird, like he rushes through some issues. I don't like how he completely changed Lori's face. Moore drew her with a big, flat nose which gave her a unique look and made her immediately identifiable, and Charlie Adlard changed it to a regular nose. Adlard's covers are really good though.

Overall though, awesome comic which is a total change from the superhero books I used to read.

Thanks for turning me onto The Walking Dead! I haven't read comics in many, many years but I gave this one a shot because it was so easy to downloa--- err, buy. It's really good. The only thing I don't like is how Tony Moore left the book. His art is incredible. Adlard's good sometimes but I think his drawings of people, in general, is sloppy and weird, like he rushes through some issues. I don't like how he completely changed Lori's face. Moore drew her with a big, flat nose which gave her a unique look and made her immediately identifiable, and Charlie Adlard changed it to a regular nose. Adlard's covers are really good though.

Overall though, awesome comic which is a total change from the superhero books I used to read.

• 2 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKpGaMVdq4

ZombieWoman.jpg

NewWalkingDead.jpg

*** Update Jon Bernthal cast for 'Shane' ***

*** Update Andrew Lincoln cast for 'Rick' ***

*** Update Jeffrey DeMunn cast for 'Dale' ***

*** Update Linds Edwards cast for 'Leon' ***

*** Update Laurie Holden cast for 'Andrea' ***

*** Update Sarah Wayne Callies cast for 'Lori' ***

*** Update Steven Yeun cast for 'Glenn' ***

I can't wait for October. The Zombies look pretty dang good to me, and the male looks like Stephen King.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-According to Frank Darabont "The Walking Dead" will have a worldwide simultaneous release in over thirty languages.

-Artist Charlie Adlard cameos as a zombie.

-Darabont says that they will take every interesting detour that they find but will still stay true to the storyline of the comic.

-They're expanding the world and the events during the journey, and Kirkman says he's blown away by the areas that they're improving on.

-Bear McCreary ("Battlestar Galactica") has been confirmed as the show's composer.

-Norman Reedus has joined the cast.

-When asked why he didn't shoot in Los Angeles, Darabont said, "When LA gets its crap together and gives filmmakers tax incentives," he'll think about it.

-FX artist Greg Nicotero said that AMC hasn't objected to any of the show's violence. In fact, the reel that they showed here at Comic-Con was edited because the powers that be would not let them show any of the gore. There will be lots of Romero-esque headshots.

-Darabont says he cannot wait to get to Michonne and Tyrese in Season Two, which has been confirmed and is a go.

-When asked if any well known horror directors might one day come on board, Darabont hinted that he wants Romero to possibly direct in the future.

-Darabont says that he wants a black and white version to be released on DVD similar to his release of The Mist.

source: http://www.bloody-di....com/news/21021

twd1.gif

twd2.gif

twd3.gif

Archived