The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

Oh yeah, I forgot. Andrea is so annoying. Now she has suddenly become an expert marksman? WTF?

The fact that I can't even remember the scenes with zombies goes to show what this show has become. It's a soap opera set in a zombie apocalypse, and the plot isn't even very interesting. I might not be watching for much longer.

i liked last night's episode, but you could tell a woman wrote it. no way does a man just brush off his wife sleeping with his best friend, especially so close to after she thought he was dead, and now she's carrying his child... nope, that's not going to just be ok.

Not the worst episode, there were some good parts. However, the constant reminder of "we may have to leave the farm at some point" is getting annoying, same as with searching for Sophia. It's that kids own damn fault she wandered off when Rick had given her strict instructions. Plus, there's hardly any benefit of actually finding her, other than getting the Jamie lee Curtis look-alike to shut up.

Kinda disappointed Daryl had less of a role in this episode (other than him telling Andrea that if she shoots him again, she best hope he's dead). If this is all ramping up towards an exciting episode next week, I can't wait!

Favorite characters so far: Daryl, Glenn, and cowgirl Dale. I actually think Maggie can be quite irrational and manipulative but after Glenn saved her I think she'll turn around a bit more. I probably threw her in the mix originally because she's very attractive!

Laughed pretty hard at how Rick and his wife quickly silenced their dispute over her having sex with Shane and being pregnant. I would've expected a little more fire from Rick, but I guess he just wants one less whiny person to listen to (amen to that).

And those poor chickens..

I can see what they're trying to do on this show. They're trying to make it more emotional, slower paced, and less gratuitous in hopes of gaining more... acclaim, I guess. The problem is though the writing (IMO) has improved over season one there have still been some really weak threads this season, the character development is abysmal, and the acting is not very good either. And while I welcome the promise that we won't see such a stupid storyline as the one that happened in the finale last year, I'm really starting to think they should be playing up the style that made them famous in the first place (gratuitous zombie violence!) rather than playing it down like they have been. The only character that I like is Darryl, and the fact that I'm not at all alone in this really says something. (Especially when far more screen time is devoted to stupid Rick and his stupid family.)

And Andrea... God, did I ever try to like Andrea. She is a character that I should be able to connect with, but I just don't. I thought at the beginning of this episode she was headed in a good direction then she had to go and have sex with Shane. ???? Shane. Andrea is pretty much what I imagine failure would look like in human form. God damn, woman.

i liked last night's episode, but you could tell a woman wrote it. no way does a man just brush off his wife sleeping with his best friend, especially so close to after she thought he was dead, and now she's carrying his child... nope, that's not going to just be ok.

I still don't like angela, but she's getting a bit better.

there was a whole lot less whining this episode, which was good, and I'm liking the glen/farmers daughter story, but i have a feeling everything's going too good right now, something seriously bad is gonna happen next episode (the last new episode until the new year), it should make for a good one.

I'm now convinced that the girl will remain missing for the rest of the season, so that the writers have an excuse to keep the main group at the farm, and eventually some drama will arise concerning the barn of Walkers. Unfortunately this means they have to keep showing scenes of the group going out on search missions. Lazy, lazy writing, some of the worst I've ever seen.

Additionally I've come to realize that every other scene ends the same way - one character storming off in a huff, the other standing with a 'wtf' look on their face, arms frozen and mouth hanging open.

Yep, officially, I'm done with this show. Next plz. For those of you who carry on, I hope it gets better.

I'm pretty disappointed with the show as well, however, as someone who read the comics there's good news...

The show has for the most part followed the comic pretty closely, with the exception of Shane actually dying in the comic right away, and T-Dog not actually being in the comic, as well as either red neck dudes...

oh, and andrea actually isn't annoying in the comic, and she is a good shooter. So hopefully she becomes less retarded as well.

So if you're having doubts and want to see where it goes from here I can throw you a bone...

It does get more exciting, so long as the writers ditch this god awful missing girl storyline.

I won't ruin anything, just give a general guideline of where things head from here.

So hershal eventually tells them all to piss off, they go exploring again for a bit, turns into winter, things get kinda rough... They find a prison to go to. Lots of action here, and they meet prisoners which gives them plenty of room for new and exciting storylines. there's some nesting, but characters go out for supplies and what not which keep things interesting. This will hopefully cover the second half of the season, as in the comic they weren't at hershal's for very long. also the stupid girl never went missing in the comic, so... hopefully that crap ends soon.

A couple of interesting 'life scenario's' from the show tho.

I asked my wife if she would be with another guy if I was Rick, long thought dead. She said yes.

We also talked about keeping a baby or not, we both agreed there was no way we have/keep a baby.

Also I wouldn't hesitate as much as they do, make a decision and stick with it.

I think I could survive very well in a zombie apocalypse.

Stefan, thanks for your 'spoiler' (which I don't really find to be a spoiler at all). Gives me a bit of hope. I was overreacting a bit and will probably at least stick with it through this season, if for no other reason than it's November and there's not much else to look forward to on Sunday nights. But my gut tells me, even if in the comics they didn't stay at the farm that long, that it will be the primary set for this entire season. TV is a different beast and I bet the prison stuff will be the new set for season 3. The fact that the girl didn't even go missing in the comics, yet that storyline has already taken up half of season 2, supports my theory. Such a shame. I'm especially disappointed that all of this is coming from Frank Darabont, who is usually pretty reliable for rock-solid pacing/plotlines.

I don't understand why Rick and his group whine so much. If they have a problem with walkers in the barn, then they should just leave. It's Hershel's house. He can have as many walkers in the barns, or as pets because it's his property. If they're not comfortable with the walkers, then leave! Hershel is pretty much telling you to anyways.

Oh and for anyone that's curious, they released a pretty detailed spoiler list of what's going to happen in the mid-season finale.

Not that I disagree about how realistic it was, but I don't think one writer gets to decide how that situation plays out. It's up to a room full of writers and the actor who plays him who determine what goes on screen. I'm hoping the writers were all sitting in a room talking about old plot threads and they actually realized how overused and cliche the entire Rick/Laurie/Shane situation is and thought up a way to resolve it as quickly as possible. And maybe they were throwing Rick a bone there showing that even he could not be so dense as to not realize something was going on there, and he was therefor prepared for the admission/reacted more calmly to it. But in reality, I imagine the situation hasn't really played itself out yet, which is unfortunate, because the whole plot point screams of weak writing, and I sincerely hate it.

That whole talk got me thinking again though about what CDC guy said to Rick in the finale. If it wasn't the popular theory, that he was telling Rick about Laurie being pregnant, then what was it? If it was that then a) the writers forgot or B) Rick was being kind of a hypocrite about her not saying anything about the pregnancy. Actually he was being pretty judgmental either way since he definitely is keeping some sort of secret. I hope they have another plan in mind or that last season's finale was actually just a bad dream or something.

Stefan, thanks for your 'spoiler' (which I don't really find to be a spoiler at all). Gives me a bit of hope. I was overreacting a bit and will probably at least stick with it through this season, if for no other reason than it's November and there's not much else to look forward to on Sunday nights. But my gut tells me, even if in the comics they didn't stay at the farm that long, that it will be the primary set for this entire season. TV is a different beast and I bet the prison stuff will be the new set for season 3. The fact that the girl didn't even go missing in the comics, yet that storyline has already taken up half of season 2, supports my theory. Such a shame. I'm especially disappointed that all of this is coming from Frank Darabont, who is usually pretty reliable for rock-solid pacing/plotlines.

I always assumed there was an implication that Laurie was cheating on Rick before the apocalypse. After the conversation they had at the end there, seems to me like even more likely a possibility. Maybe it had to do with they way Laurie reacted when he asked if it was because she thought he was dead. Or maybe it came across that way because of some bad acting (god, some of the acting in this show has been terrible). I dunno, I don't feel particularly inclined to re-watch that scene and make sure.

Archived