The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

Didn't like it. All it did was make the previous episodes seem all the more pointless. I mean I'm happy it all came to a boiling point like it did, but what does that leave the season with so far? You gloss over it as a means for character development, but all we got out of watching it in the end were hours of whining and yelling. And the only characters that came out of it worth caring for were only Daryl and Glenn.

I mean we've been dealing with this aura of hopelessness for the entirety of this show. What purpose did this episode serve in simply echoing that louder? That's all it did, besides offer the opportunity for the show to move on. I at least applaud the latter. Well that, and the managing of tying in Herschel's dilemma with their's. Pretty decent bit of writing on their part.

And I stand by what I said earlier about if we found that Sophia was dead all along, that it would add to the pointlessness. And was anyone really surprised when Sophia walked out of the barn? I mean, were you really? I'd be disappointed if anyone would classify that as a shocker.

Liked the ending, saw it coming though.

One thing I'm not liking is how easily they kill zombies now. It seems the only way zombies win is if they catch you unawares or they're in a big horde. I mean if ordinary citizens can actually capture them "alive" and put them in a barn without getting bit, it kind of makes you wonder how it is the American Military wasn't able to wipe them all out with some armored tanks and machine guns. And why is it that sometimes zombies run while other times they just walk slowly towards you giving you plenty of time to aim your gun and fire?

There's some frustrating inconsistencies in this show. But I guess that's common to most zombie flicks.

Liked the ending, saw it coming though.

One thing I'm not liking is how easily they kill zombies now. It seems the only way zombies win is if they catch you unawares or they're in a big horde. I mean if ordinary citizens can actually capture them "alive" and put them in a barn without getting bit, it kind of makes you wonder how it is the American Military wasn't able to wipe them all out with some armored tanks and machine guns. And why is it that sometimes zombies run while other times they just walk slowly towards you giving you plenty of time to aim your gun and fire?

There's some frustrating inconsistencies in this show. But I guess that's common to most zombie flicks.

I just finished watching this past episode and was actually very entertained. As I said in my previous post in this thread, I wanted more selfishness, despair, and hopelessness. Well, I got it, finally. It was nice to have a climax to the story, and I actually think it was interesting and unexpected (to me at least). I was beginning to think that Sophia was dead, but, I did not see that ending coming. Obviously, as soon as the camera panned back into the barn, I knew it was her, but, prior to that it hadn't even occurred to me. Certainly not the most inventive writing I've ever seen, but, good nonetheless. It ties their plight nicely into Hershel's. In any case, I just liked someone freaking out a bit and acting a bit more "realistic" IMO, even if it was terrible acting in parts. Good episode, though.

I'm curious what's happening with talking dead. New episodes of Walking dead start up in February but AMC will have a new show on afterwards. The new show looks like it will be great but does anyone know if they're not going to do talking dead anymore or did I misread and the new show is on after talking dead?

Shane has become pretty annoying but I'm happy the guns didn't get buried.

That is one of those completely unrealistic things that can completely turn me off of a show or movie. It is literally the stupidest thing they could have done. There's zombies everywhere trying to eat them so they bury their best form of protection. No one in their right mind would ever consider doing that.

No...but speaking of which I'm not sure I'm a fan of that one yet.

The new show starting in February is Secret Stash. The word is it's on after walking dead but I can't see them bumping hell on wheels for it. (Not a fan of HoW yet Might be my first 'miss' for AMC. I miss rubicon.)

This season started out with promise. I initially liked the fact that they had found another group of intact survivors (there had to be some out in the country). However, the story got bogged down in the all stuff about searching for Sophia and trying to develop Shane as a counterpoint to Rick. Ok, we get it - Shane's all 'built for this world' and Rick's not. Talk about beating an undead horse..see how I did that? Slick.

I hope the midseason finale propels the story forward, off the farm and explores the larger post-apocolyptic world. That said, of course it makes sense if you want to keep some touch of realism that the group would want to stay on the farm. Where else would you go in a zombie apocolypse? Certainly not populated areas.

As good as this show can be, it's going to lose people if it doesn't push the story forward.

This season started out with promise. I initially liked the fact that they had found another group of intact survivors (there had to be some out in the country). However, the story got bogged down in the all stuff about searching for Sophia and trying to develop Shane as a counterpoint to Rick. Ok, we get it - Shane's all 'built for this world' and Rick's not. Talk about beating an undead horse..see how I did that? Slick.

I hope the midseason finale propels the story forward, off the farm and explores the larger post-apocolyptic world. That said, of course it makes sense if you want to keep some touch of realism that the group would want to stay on the farm. Where else would you go in a zombie apocolypse? Certainly not populated areas.

As good as this show can be, it's going to lose people if it doesn't push the story forward.

Archived