The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

Had this PVR'ed so I just watched it, this show continues to frustrate me.

"Rick, can you go into town and bring Herschel back?"

"Sure."

10 minutes later:

"OMG we need to go get Rick, Glen and Herschel!!"

Why are so many people on this show so stupid? And why do the writers continue to write it this way? In a real survival situation people like this would have died almost immediately. I hope she is dead so I don't have to put up with her anymore.

95% nothing, 4% dumbass wife, 1% cool ending

Had this PVR'ed so I just watched it, this show continues to frustrate me.

"Rick, can you go into town and bring Herschel back?"

"Sure."

10 minutes later:

"OMG we need to go get Rick, Glen and Herschel!!"

Why are so many people on this show so stupid? And why do the writers continue to write it this way? In a real survival situation people like this would have died almost immediately. I hope she is dead so I don't have to put up with her anymore.

This.

Another great episode. I really hate people saying that this is BORING.

This is not a movie like the remake of Dawn of the Dead. It is a drama. If every episode was pure ation then the whole show would get stale...cause it wouldn't shock anymore.

This show is a drama with charater development. So when a certain charater dies..It is a shock.

I love waiting every week to find out what happens next. I'm sure a lot of "haters" are just pissed because they want the whole group to travel state to state and check out what happened to every single city. But if you where in this situation..would you really want to venture out when you found a safe haven?

It is a great show. I feel sorry for people who have to watch csi or ncis..tHat is crap

I dislike it because the characters are predictable annoying and one dimensional.

Each character can be summarised by a basic trait..

Lori, whiny

Rick, helpless leader

Shane psycho irrational hothead

Black dude, invisible

Carol cries a bunch

Dale helpless team glue

No development, characters are annoying. Thankfully I read the comic and a pleasant surprise happens if the show keeps following the comics major points.

I dislike it because the characters are predictable annoying and one dimensional.

Each character can be summarised by a basic trait..

Lori, whiny

Rick, helpless leader

Shane psycho irrational hothead

Black dude, invisible

Carol cries a bunch

Dale helpless team glue

No development, characters are annoying. Thankfully I read the comic and a pleasant surprise happens if the show keeps following the comics major points.

Do you like, know any people? I think everybody knows a person who is just a whiner and that sums them up entirely, or a total hothead that freaks at anything... You think it's unrealistic that carol, a woman who was abused by her husband before he was killed, and then went through the torture of trying to cling to hope that her missing daughter would be found alive, cries a lot? That is massive emotional trauma, it would be entirely unrealistic if she didn't act how she does. A leader who struggles about doing the right thing is pretty dead on for someone who was highly ethical as a lawman and struggles about how to try and keep his morals in a world they don't necessarily belong in - but if he lets those morals go, is he better than the scummy survivors who leave their own to die?

It is a drama and it's a good one.

Well, in the comic Sophia doesn't die. They should have kept it like that, because the whole storyline was awful, and boring, and now we have to suffer watching Carol be miserable. Yeah she's showing "realistic" emotions, but christ is it ever boring to watch. And her husband also didn't abuse her in the comic, something the show could have gone without. The show depends on ridiculous sub plots that are based on self inflicted conflict that's so irritating and frustrating because, they've all got bigger issues on their hands. I'm tired of Maggie crying to Glen about love, and Lori crying because she's a retard for cheating on Rick, and Shane should be dead already, he's so god damn irritating. Andrea's retarded too. Like, hey, can you stop being a dumb bitch for like 5 minutes dude? Dale's like, "hey, Andrea, I've got a good idea", and andrea's like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T IM GONNA DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE TIMES A BILLION" then she shoots someone. Meanwhile me and my girlfriend are like, is this a repeat? Wasn't she an idiot in the last episode? The characters aren't likable. They're annoying. It isn't a good drama, breaking bad's a good drama. Hell, weeds was a better drama. I don't watch many dramas, so there isn't much competition really, I just know either the budget is totally killing this show, or the writers are total morons. And the zombie encounters are so infrequent it doesn't even pass as being a zombie show. So it's just a mediocre soap opera. I just know if the world went to crap, I'd have no problem with eliminating people who were beating on visible minorities in my group, or trying to constantly take control of my group in a really piss poor way, while knowing they had sex with my wife, and having this annoying love obsession with her. Like, dude, Rick, grow a pair man? Oh, PS, the most recent episode was entertaining, (minus maggie being all wah wah to glen) and I continue to watch because I know how wicked the comic is so I'm hoping for the show to eventually pick up. The next episode looks like it has potential. And to each their own, I'm not saying you're wrong, or I'm right, I'm saying this is how I feel about it.

If it wouldn't be a tough decision, you'd be a sociopath. It is very very easy to say "oh, I'd just shoot the helpless human being in the head and go on my merry way" but it is an entirely different thing to face that. Plenty of people in the armed forces, trained to kill, wouldn't be so callous, and plenty have suffered lasting trauma because of what they had to do in war.

It's hilarious how everyone is a stone cold killer with no problems doing anything, and no feelings of doubt or remorse for their actions, when they're talking about it online. Yet most people when confronted with even a halfway dangerous situation, or a chance to stand up and take action when needed, fail to do anything. Online everyone is Rambo in their own mind, but reality is different.

If it wouldn't be a tough decision, you'd be a sociopath. It is very very easy to say "oh, I'd just shoot the helpless human being in the head and go on my merry way" but it is an entirely different thing to face that. Plenty of people in the armed forces, trained to kill, wouldn't be so callous, and plenty have suffered lasting trauma because of what they had to do in war. It's hilarious how everyone is a stone cold killer with no problems doing anything, and no feelings of doubt or remorse for their actions, when they're talking about it online. Yet most people when confronted with even a halfway dangerous situation, or a chance to stand up and take action when needed, fail to do anything. Online everyone is Rambo in their own mind, but reality is different.

This season is awful, the characters all ring false, and none of them are the least bit likeable.

Also, the inconsistencies are infurating. Sometimes the zombies are ultra-strong biting machines that will bite through metal and glass to get at you, other times they just sit and gnaw at your boots when you're unconscious next to the river.

And please, please please, make with the occasional joke. In the real world, even in the most dire of circumstances, there is a little comic relief. Would it have been so hard to write in one funny or lighthearted scene over the course of the last 2 episodes?

Horrible direction this show took after such a promising first season.

No you wouldn't be a sociopath, in that specific case their life was in danger and he couldn't be helped and is attracting walkers oh not to mention he tried to shot them mere moments before.

I don't know if I would have shot him but I would have left him.

Who said anything about stone cold killers and no feelings of doubt or remorse?

Everyday would be a struggle to survive and you would be forced to make decisions that would weigh heavily on ones mind and probably change them as a person.

But you'd be alive.

I have taken action when needed, I've put myself in harms way to help someone else out.

Sure not everyone would do this but that doesn't mean there are people out there that won't or haven't.

Well, I wouldn't take option F and stand there and shoot at the hordes upon hordes of zombies coming, and that isn't an internet mentality.

When things are going down that rough, it wouldn't be a tough decision to bail considering how many zombie situations they've already been in.

At any rate, the most recent episode was barely passable.

Started out great, good action, lots of tension... The hole suicide plot was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. I understand the girls upset, but it's boring. Just because things like this happen in real life doesn't mean it should happen in this show.

Was hoping Shane would have died. Then got frustrated when Rick drove off. Then he came back and got him and I realised the only thing that changed from the beginning of this episode to the end was that Andrea was a complete moron, and somehow made me dislike her even more.

So if this episode never happened, or I skipped it, I wouldn't have missed a single thing.

Archived