The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

I had a feeling someone would die last night.

I thought it might even be Carl. Since the timeline of the show is moving slowly, and he will be an inch taller and have a deeper voice next season. It will be like Walt on Lost. They had to get rid of him because he was growing too fast for the timeline. I thought they could introduce different kids next season to fill the storylines from the comic that involved Carl.

There will likely be another character or two eliminated this year. They will be introducing lots of new people soon, and need to thin the herd a bit.

maybe a drama isn't for you... the range of emotion a zombie can show is pretty limited, which is why the humans are the focus. we've seen over and over, zombie movies that are essentially a video game and nothing more substantial than "zombie - RUN!" or "Zombie - Shoot!". The thing that has made this show different is that it is about focusing on the human side of this, how the different people cope with their world being turned upside down and facing immense trauma along with it. Obviously people like that because the show is #2 in viewership on Cable (rankings from feb 20) with just the NBA allstar game scoring more viewers...

If this show was all about the zombies it would have been dead after 1 season.

Most problems in life ARE self inflicted, usually due to stupidity, laziness, and carelessness. Why would that change just because there are zombies around?

It's not like the zombies are plotting coordinated attacks. You pretty much have to stumble into them and get caught off guard or cornered.

People make stupid decisions everyday and that won't change because there are zombies, all that will change is that people will die more often due to their stupid decisions.

Do you really think it's so different than people being in any dangerous part of the world? People who know the risks of where they are fall victim to all sorts of things which result in their death. People who would fall victim to their own stupidity in this society would also likely fall victim to their own stupidity or simple carelessness in a world with zombies. The difference is that instead of being mugged or raped or bit by a snake, they would get killed by a zombie.

The inconsistencies on this show are maddening. From one scene, a zombie isn't strong enough to get his foot out of mud, or hold on to a 10-year old's leg, and in the next scene, the same zombie is strong enough to tear open someone's stomach with his bare hands. But he wasn't strong enough to push the guys's hands down and eat him, which I'm told is what zombies really want to do... eat people.

And how about a joke? An entire season has passed without one funny comment. People make jokes in terrible situations, its human nature, and better TV.

The inconsistencies on this show are maddening. From one scene, a zombie isn't strong enough to get his foot out of mud, or hold on to a 10-year old's leg, and in the next scene, the same zombie is strong enough to tear open someone's stomach with his bare hands. But he wasn't strong enough to push the guys's hands down and eat him, which I'm told is what zombies really want to do... eat people.

And how about a joke? An entire season has passed without one funny comment. People make jokes in terrible situations, its human nature, and better TV.

I would also think that some automated satellite systems would still be working, like gps?? Perhaps they could get satellite images of various areas. I would be looking for a mall that was going to open just after everything fell apart, or big box stores that are in the middle of a group of towns, but not in any one town. So a central location that people can drive to. If it spread as fast as they say, one has to think about what would not have been affected, or have been affected the least. One has to try to use any remaining computer power, some of which should still be working, yet there is just none of this because of what it might mean for the shows budget.

I'd be going to RV dealers and trying to find some big deisel pusher rigs. I'd be trying all kinds of things, but these guys don't because the show doesn't have the budget.

The ideal plan to get away from the zombies would be to go to an off-shore oil rig, or a cruise ship.

I also wonder what's happening in the rest of the world... there are tens of thousands of little islands across the world, and I don't think zombies can swim, why not try to go there?

Archived