The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

Decent episode, you kinda knew something was up when they all started settling in nicely. (Hey, I just won the lottery but then I got AIDS!) Only irritant was Carl managing to be in the right spot and a sudden deadeye with a Glock. (Doesn't anyone watch this kid at all?)

Killing the conscience and devil of the show is actually a good thing. It allows more characters to evolve on their own and not with influence. It was easy for Glen and Blondie to have no real convictions when they let others think for them.

i'm thinking a breech birth, or if the cord is wrapped around the baby's neck where the baby dies in labour, causing it to reanimate shortly thereafter. I mean, the closest thing they have to a doctor is a vet and I doubt he knows how to diagnose a breech birth, and they don't have an ultrasound or any modern medical equipment to help them check on the health of the baby or to see if the cord is wrapped around the baby or not. there are a lot of complications that can occur during birth that could result in a deceased baby.

And the writer/director/creator said this is going to be like a drawn out Romero film, and that could be a nod to his works (plus I just don't see a way they can work them running around with a baby in tow into the story. nevermind the cliffhanger that would result with her giving birth and then someone noticing something is wrong and them cutting to black.

I thought it was really neat how they cut to the Shane's (zombie) point of view when Shane was dying, I hope they somehow work more of that in.

I really want them to learn more about the zombies, like that little bit at the end with Truman's buddy in the Center's for Disease Control. C'mon floating research station in season 3!

Best episode of the season by far. Shame it took so long to get to this stage, but if the finale's as good I won't complain.

As for the disease being airborne, I don't think they knew beforehand. Glen or Darryl didn't seem to have a clue about it, and I don't think Rick would have been that close or turned his back to Shane had he thought that any second he could spring up and sink his teeth into him.

I would also love to see some zombie animals. A couple people sitting on a wooden fence at night, and a cow comes running toward them, they think, what is this, then they realize its a zomie and are running for their lives from a zombie cow.

I don't think so.

Rick and Shane see two zombies that didn't have bites or scratches, and Rick never suggested it was becuase the virus is airborn.

Only logical thing the doctor could have told Rick is that Lori's pregnant, becuase Rick's been completely oblivious to the airborn theory.

Why would the doctor dude whisper that it's airborn in his ear anyways? Might as well make it public.

Archived