The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

LOL typical cdc :rolleyes: taking it to the extreme with the scenarios.

If the people that watch the eastern feed want to discuss it they have the right to! nothing is stopping them. Ill just make sure I have the self restraint to stay away from this thread until I watch the episode..... which you think someone would do if they had not yet watched the episode that aired the night before.

Agreed.

So you agree that within 24 hours of the show airing that spoiler tags should be used. Yet, you are saying that the sue of spoiler tags now, before 5 pm on Monday is overboard?

I would agree that 24 hours after the show airs is a good time frame. Gives people who couldn't see it live a little while to catch it.

Vastly underrated movie. Danny Boyle is one of the, if not the best director out there right now (Slumdog Millionaire, 127 hours, trainspotting, 28 Days Later). Most regard Sunshine as one of this worst, but I really liked it, the first half was truly epic... even if the 3rd act kind of killed it.

The soundtrack for Sunshine was amazing as well, as you are finding out.

On a side note, that song was also used in another recent movie which had arguably the best score in the past 10 years; Kickass

hmm i've got Sunshine on my computer for 2 years now and I still haven't watched it yet...guess i'll do so this winter break...

for all those that are complaining about the lack of zombie actions, TWD isn't about Zombies vs. Humans, it's more about Humans vs. Themselves and how they develop both as characters, as well as "socially" in a dystopic world.

I quite like it...anyone know where I can find issue 69 and above?

Here is my idea for a great ending to the Walking Dead series.

Imagine if they show the first scene again except Rick doesn't get shot. He goes on to relive his life with no zombie infection in the world. Slowly, he encounters people from before like Glenn and others by mere coincidence. Then Rick experiences a strange flashback and so do the other characters as incidents occur which are similar to what happened previously in the series.

Here is my idea for a great ending to the Walking Dead series.

Imagine if they show the first scene again except Rick doesn't get shot. He goes on to relive his life with no zombie infection in the world. Slowly, he encounters people from before like Glenn and others by mere coincidence. Then Rick experiences a strange flashback and so do the other characters as incidents occur which are similar to what happened previously in the series.

I think the discussion of spoilers should be covered with spoilers. As in, you're spoiling the thread.

This show has been really good so far. The last episode was probably the worst of them all, but by no means terrible. They seemed to want to get a lot of drama in, but as long as they up the zombie killings next week, I am excited (although it doesn't look like they will).

never watched Lost, and I could care less about how that thread was run. Can we all agree to a 24 hour spoiler buffer?

Since it's past 24 hrs, I guess this won't require the spoiler tags:

The last episode was pretty good, definitely shows some good plot development, and I'm looking forward to see some of the things that guy prophesied (watch the boat, and stay away from the everglades) clearly they will be heading down to Florida/Louisiana in the future :D.

I still think the CDC was a stupid idea, especially after leaving the infected guy by the side of the road (the whole reason for going there)

never watched Lost, and I could care less about how that thread was run. Can we all agree to a 24 hour spoiler buffer?

Since it's past 24 hrs, I guess this won't require the spoiler tags:

The last episode was pretty good, definitely shows some good plot development, and I'm looking forward to see some of the things that guy prophesied (watch the boat, and stay away from the everglades) clearly they will be heading down to Florida/Louisiana in the future :D.

I still think the CDC was a stupid idea, especially after leaving the infected guy by the side of the road (the whole reason for going there)

Well, all of the writers for The Walking Dead have been axed.

With such a successful short-but-sweet first season that has already garnered increased ratings and a successful series order, what could be wrong with the writing staff of AMC’s new hit series The Walking Dead? Well, nothing may be wrong per se, but there is something going on behind the scenes as Deadline reports series writer/executive producer/director Frank Darabont has gotten rid of all the writers from this first season. The industry blog points out that while writing staffs do have line-up changes from season-to-season, a complete overhaul isn’t customary. Apparently Darabont is looking to work through the second season without a writing staff and merely assign scripts to freelance writers. More after the jump.

While this might seem a bit out of the ordinary, Darabont does come from feature films (although he was also behind some of The Young Indiana Jones), so maybe he’s just shaking things up a bit (after all he was involved with writing nearly all of the episodes from the first season). It’s also mentioned that the freelance method of writing has been mostly successfully employed for Torchwood from Starz and BBC (a method borrowed from the UK where the show was originally spawned). However, this new method may bring some heat from the Writers Guild and could even prove difficult with 13 episodes lined up for the second season. Apparently the decision to use freelance writers isn’t final, and the series may end up utilizing both a writing staff and freelancers from time to time. I just hope this doesn’t screw up what has been one of the best new series on television. A writing staff can help create unity in the story and usually is extremely well-versed in the show’s mythology, which, in the case of a comic adaptation like this, would be very helpful. I’m not saying this is a bad idea, but it does seem to prove rather worrisome. What do you guys think?

it doesn't seem like the writers really added that much. I have no concerns as long as they hire writers just as good, or better than the original writers. odds are after they had such a successful 1st season they got contacted by a number of "better" writers offering scripts that the director liked more, and he may have wanted to go a different direction than where the original writers wanted to go.

it doesn't seem like the writers really added that much. I have no concerns as long as they hire writers just as good, or better than the original writers. odds are after they had such a successful 1st season they got contacted by a number of "better" writers offering scripts that the director liked more, and he may have wanted to go a different direction than where the original writers wanted to go.

Archived