The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

All the show's staff writers have been fired.

Add this one to the "huh?" pile: Frank Darabont has reportedly released the entire writing staff for the TV series The Walking Dead.

According to Deadline Hollywood, the executive producer has even fired his second in command, Charles Eglee.

Instead, Darabont intends to write most of the Season 2 scripts himself and contract out the rest to freelancers.

The zombie drama's first-season finale will be shown Sunday.

Although it's normal for a show to let go of a few writers, it's rare for a showrunner to let his entire staff go.

However, Darabont wrote two of the show's Season 1 episodes solo, and co-wrote or rewrote the remaining four.

Of those four, two were written by non-staff writers.

Deadline's source claims Darabont would like to adopt the freelance writing model used by Torchwood, which has a showrunner but no writing staff.

However, Torchwood is produced by the BBC, a network that often uses this staff model, and the show received permission from the Writers Guild of America to continue using it in the United States.

The Walking Dead does not have such a background, so the WGA might be reluctant to give Darabont a similar deal.

The Season 1 finale of The Walking Dead will be broadcast Sunday, at 10 p.m., on AMC.

The hit series' second season (13 episodes) is expected to premiere in October.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Walking+Dead+writing+staff+fired/3915627/story.html#ixzz172GGjcYA

All the show's staff writers have been fired.

Add this one to the "huh?" pile: Frank Darabont has reportedly released the entire writing staff for the TV series The Walking Dead.

According to Deadline Hollywood, the executive producer has even fired his second in command, Charles Eglee.

Instead, Darabont intends to write most of the Season 2 scripts himself and contract out the rest to freelancers.

The zombie drama's first-season finale will be shown Sunday.

Although it's normal for a show to let go of a few writers, it's rare for a showrunner to let his entire staff go.

However, Darabont wrote two of the show's Season 1 episodes solo, and co-wrote or rewrote the remaining four.

Of those four, two were written by non-staff writers.

Deadline's source claims Darabont would like to adopt the freelance writing model used by Torchwood, which has a showrunner but no writing staff.

However, Torchwood is produced by the BBC, a network that often uses this staff model, and the show received permission from the Writers Guild of America to continue using it in the United States.

The Walking Dead does not have such a background, so the WGA might be reluctant to give Darabont a similar deal.

The Season 1 finale of The Walking Dead will be broadcast Sunday, at 10 p.m., on AMC.

The hit series' second season (13 episodes) is expected to premiere in
October

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Walking+Dead+writing+staff+fired/3915627/story.html#ixzz172GGjcYA

The finale was actually pretty disappointing. It would've been better had the CDC been involved in a few more episodes. The Doc reminded me of a cross between Philip Seymour Hoffman and Clancy Brown. I somehow remember thinking Sarah Wayne Callies was hotter in Prison Break. It also didn't really leave the show on a cliffhanger.

Something tells me the French powered down communications at their research facility but found something to counter the zombie infection.

I think a counter would have to be two pronged. There is no hope of turning a zombie back into a human so it would have to

1.) Destroy the zombie in an easy manner

2.) Cure the zombie infection in already infected humans or make them immune to it.

I too was pretty let down by that episode and to be honest I'm not really sure where it can go from here if, as the blonde girl said, "everything's gone."

It's one thing for a feature film to be a completely hopeless zombie apocalypse where you know or at least suspect all the characters are going to die in the end but for a full length series there's got to be some semblance of hope. I know it's only been 6 episodes, but the show has got to evolve beyond the "moving around the state of Georgia and occasionally getting attacked by zombies" theme if it's going to survive.

I too was pretty let down by that episode and to be honest I'm not really sure where it can go from here if, as the blonde girl said, "everything's gone."

It's one thing for a feature film to be a completely hopeless zombie apocalypse where you know or at least suspect all the characters are going to die in the end but for a full length series there's got to be some semblance of hope. I know it's only been 6 episodes, but the show has got to evolve beyond the "moving around the state of Georgia and occasionally getting attacked by zombies" theme if it's going to survive.

Agreed, there needs to be more than just running around from zombies or else this would be better off as a 3 hour movie.

Some countries like North Korea would have little trouble turning back a zombie infection but I don't think they would let a group of Americans in :lol: . Jenner mentioned the French were nearly reaching a solution but was a bit vague when he said they ran out of power like them. I am thinking that maybe they cut off communications to preserve power. I don't think Jenner whispering into Rick's ear is anything small.

Agreed, there needs to be more than just running around from zombies or else this would be better off as a 3 hour movie.

Some countries like North Korea would have little trouble turning back a zombie infection but I don't think they would let a group of Americans in :lol: . Jenner mentioned the French were nearly reaching a solution but was a bit vague when he said they ran out of power like them. I am thinking that maybe they cut off communications to preserve power. I don't think Jenner whispering into Rick's ear is anything small.

This sounds crazy but remember the scene where Shane tries to find a heartbeat after the building lost power. Maybe Rick did die and came back to life but not as a mindless zombie but somehow back to his former self. Maybe he is a key to a cure.

We still don't know how the infection spreads. People are covered in zombie blood but don't get infected. If people get it in their bloodstream, they get infected.

Yes, I suppose there might be something with the French but there's no realistic chance of them getting overseas sooo...they only way they can introduce that storyline is to introduce another cast of characters over there.

The fact that the zombie apocalypse is apparently worldwide tells me that the virus must have been airborne at least to begin with. That's the only way to explain how it spread so fast and overwhelmed the military as well.

The infection isn't airborne and we don't know if it is a viral, microbial or fungal. If it was airborne, Andrea and the others around Jim would have been infected easily as well.

I am thinking that later in the series, they see hints of some kind of foreign military getting involved in America. Probably some kind of solution coming overseas.

I think the zombies overwhelming the military is the part where we must suspend our disbelief. Slow walking zombies who attack with no real overall strategy overwhelming soldiers trained for much deadlier foes is completely unrealistic.

http://www.cracked.c...il-quickly.html

They wouldn't be infected if they were immune to the airborne version. In my scenario, lets say half the population catches an airborne disease and becomes zombified, the other half has a natural immunity to the airborne version of the disease, BUT the disease mutates when it revives its host so now it's not airborne anymore and only spreads by biting or scratching and the people that were immune to the airborne version are not immune to the mutated version and such will catch the disease if they get bit. That's the only way I can sort of make sense of a zombie apocalypse, because really, the only way you can overwhelm the military is to attack them from within yes?

Archived