873 replies to this topic

#511 Shaft

Shaft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Was any else going to flip if Darryl had been killed by the girl?

I was about to turn off the T.V.. Andrea is such an idiot, why would you even attempt a shot from that far off. Not only that, why would you waste a bullet on a walker when the situation was clearly being handled by Rick and the rest.

#512 TheLuo1

TheLuo1

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Yes. Andrea is well past the point of annoying me at this point. Okay she's second next to Rick being the odd man out and not knowing about his Wife and best friends liaisons.

#513 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

I was about to turn off the T.V.. Andrea is such an idiot, why would you even attempt a shot from that far off. Not only that, why would you waste a bullet on a walker when the situation was clearly being handled by Rick and the rest.

seriously. its a single person, which you can't even tell if its a walker or not because of the glare, it's off in the distance, 4 guys are already running out to take care of it and are between you and the target, and any shot would potentially draw in more walkers from the area.

she's a complete idiot and need to be killed by a zombie hoard ASAP.

#514 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

No doubt. My interest in this show is already teetering on the edge, and the fact that a racist redneck character has been my closest personal connection is the only thing holding my interest over the past few weeks. Otherwise, what the hell is this show. We get one, two, three zombie scenes if we're lucky. The rest is like a poor man's Lost, none of the cheesy-fun sci-fi aspects, just a bunch of characters irrationally yelling at one another.

At the moment the only intriguing mystery in the entire plot (to me, anyways) is the barn full of zombies.

#515 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

It would be much better if they leave this boooooring barn and move on. I want some zombie action, lots if it.

I also want Andrea to be eaten slowly by a single walker, perhaps in a well or something.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#516 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

No doubt. My interest in this show is already teetering on the edge, and the fact that a racist redneck character has been my closest personal connection is the only thing holding my interest over the past few weeks. Otherwise, what the hell is this show. We get one, two, three zombie scenes if we're lucky. The rest is like a poor man's Lost, none of the cheesy-fun sci-fi aspects, just a bunch of characters irrationally yelling at one another.

At the moment the only intriguing mystery in the entire plot (to me, anyways) is the barn full of zombies.

I agree to. He's my favourite character, since he's one of the only characters that's stand able. Though the new Shane has some potential. I was kinda pissed how they handled the shot. Either have her miss completely or shoot his brains out. Don't "just skim him", just a lame cop out.

I agree with the rest of your analysis. This whole Sophia thing is stupid, they've spent what...6 episodes looking for her? It's really just getting stupid now.

Edited by VanJets, 15 November 2011 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image

#517 kw11333

kw11333

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

This season is about half as good as last. Why did they fire all the writers from season one, again?

#518 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

This season is about half as good as last. Why did they fire all the writers from season one, again?

did you see the ending?

#519 Yung Pony

Yung Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

They REALLY need a new development. Looking for the girl is getting VERY old real quick
Posted Image

#520 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

The reason why it's slow right now is because they need to develop the farm characters before they find/give up on the girl. All of them play roles later.

Edited by CanuckinEdm, 15 November 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#521 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

How many episodes are there this season?

Episode 5 was the last one, is that right?

#522 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

yeah, last episode was #5

there are 13 episodes this season.
http://www.imdb.com/...520211/episodes

Edited by avelanch, 15 November 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#523 kw11333

kw11333

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:53 PM

did you see the ending?

Yeah that was good, but the previous three episodes have all been forgettable.

#524 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Yeah that was good, but the previous three episodes have all been forgettable.

i meant the ending of season 1. it's the reason the writers for season 1 were released.

#525 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

i meant the ending of season 1. it's the reason the writers for season 1 were released.

What was so bad about it?

#526 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

What an absolute joke of a season so far. I should've stopped after the awful Season 1 finale, but I had some hope. It's now gone. The acting is awful, and this barn/looking for girl/pregnancy angle is just killing me.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#527 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

What was so bad about it?

boring... the show is at it's best when there's something intense going on with one group.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#528 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,294 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

To those that that feel this new season is ruining the show, what was so great about Season 1? Take away the first episode, and what do you have left? It's really not any different then season 2... Which, if anything, is not a good indicator for season 2 so far.

This show's been getting a lot of praise over the last year for being a masterpiece, and I just never got it. Kind of assumed it had to do with it's slow pacing, but now I'm completely lost on it, since that's the thing that everyone seems to be complaining about this year. I'm not a fan of the slow pace, but it's been the show's M.O. since day one. I like season 2 in that it gave the show the sense of direction it needed, but I can't stand how they need to draw out every plot point. They could have introduced and resolved all of them in 3 or maybe 4 episodes, but it's almost as if they want to fill out the show's quota for the season without doing anything, and saving all their ideas for later. In any case, it's just lazy.

They had better find the damn girl soon. It's hard to believe they managed to stretch that storyline to going on 6 episodes now. At this point, if she's dead or a zombie, all this searching has been for nought, they will have completely wasted the first half of the season.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#529 OgS.MVP

OgS.MVP

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

Hope the little girl is dead. I know, I am a terrible person, but I just love unhappy endings. :P

#530 d^/ > _ < \^b

d^/ > _ < \^b

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

Hope the little girl is dead. I know, I am a terrible person, but I just love unhappy endings. :P

LOL, and maybe she becomes a zombie and ends up biting Andrea! :frantic:
Posted Image

#531 Ren

Ren

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

LOL, and maybe she becomes a zombie and ends up biting Andrea! :frantic:

But then that would be a happy ending.

#532 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

The show is definately feeling a bit directionless right now. Simply too much time spent on being lost in the woods and, like many have said, I just don't care about this missing kid.

#533 LoudProudNuckFan

LoudProudNuckFan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

Missed the last episode, anywhere online I can watch it?
NUCK YEAH!!!

#534 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

i can't believe im getting bored with a zombie series :( the idea it self is awsome, but this is 10x worse than japan animation for story progression.

#535 Slender Man

Slender Man

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

Less drama, more zombies.

Posted Image

~ FREE iE. ~

#536 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

i liked last night's episode, but you could tell a woman wrote it. no way does a man just brush off his wife sleeping with his best friend, especially so close to after she thought he was dead, and now she's carrying his child... nope, that's not going to just be ok.

I still don't like angela, but she's getting a bit better.

there was a whole lot less whining this episode, which was good, and I'm liking the glen/farmers daughter story, but i have a feeling everything's going too good right now, something seriously bad is gonna happen next episode (the last new episode until the new year), it should make for a good one.

#537 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

They need to find this stupid kid and move on. Worst story ever. Nothing has happened in 3 episodes.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#538 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Actually almost nothing has happened this entire season.

I have no clue where they intend to go with the story from here. At least last season they had an objective (get to the CDC), there's no direction at all right now.

And isn't this show supposed to be about zombies? I saw one zombie last episode, and one in the previous episode until the final minute.

Edited by JustJokinen!, 21 November 2011 - 09:13 AM.

#539 SaveFerris

SaveFerris

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

I think Shane is supposed to be more the bad guy than Rick (Sheriff) but I like Shane way more than Rick. I find his character annoying with the whole Leadership/Wife/Carl/Searching for Sophia commitment deal. Hands down though, the best character is Daryl. Also loved the cameo of Merle (Michael Rooker) in the Chupacabra episode.
This post was written in 3B...3 Beers and it looks good.

#540 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

Actually almost nothing has happened this entire season.

I have no clue where they intend to go with the story from here. At least last season they had an objective (get to the CDC), there's no direction at all right now.

And isn't this show supposed to be about zombies? I saw one zombie last episode, and one in the previous episode until the final minute.

you missed the barn full of zombies, and the dozen or so zombies they killed in the housing development? (i was so hoping that was going to be the end of andrea)

Edited by avelanch, 21 November 2011 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.