#661 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

Great statistic.
How many zombies currently reside in British Columbia?
Or for that matter, how many zombie encounters have there been from 2009-2012?
It's cool you're pulling up statistics and comparing it to a world that we don't live in. It's real great.
I'm just saying if I had zombies that wanted to eat my brains, and I was living in that nightmare for as long as they have been, your mindset changes, and you do things to survive.
I'd likely either leave the dude there, or shoot him in the head (mercy kill).
It's also funny you mention the whole homicide rate thing because earlier in the scene they killed a dude with no problem.
Dude hasn't even been mentioned since, there was no remorse.

Side note, guy who got his leg messed up's friend bailed WITH NO PROBLEM.
Is that a sign of how things have changed?
You can pull up some statistics about how from 1974-2012 99.9% of on site job injuries have been reported, and no one has been mistreated, but IT DOESN'T APPLY TO THIS.

My point was that the main characters like to create problems for themselves, and are annoying and stupid.

Take that dumb **** Andrea.
Maggie's like "Hey, could you not let my sister try to kill herself?"
Andrea: "Yeah"
Andrea enters room "Hey, look, I don't know you, or your sister, and I'm staying here for free and stuff, but I'm pretty sure I know better than everyone else, and uhh do your own thing, I'm going to take off now, despite Maggie asking me not to because you're in annoyingly fragile state and it's draining all the TV time"
Sorry, if I was Maggie, I'd beat the living hell out of Andrea. Good god was that ever irritating. More irritating than the fact we have to watch this stupid suicide plot.
What's next? The girl goes missing and for 5 episodes they focus on trying to find her?

Edited by Stefan, 28 February 2012 - 12:48 PM.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#662 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

bull. It is a very very rare human being that can detach themselves from humanity that simply to just kill a human being so easily. On the internet, everyone says they could do this or they could do that, yet the reality of humanity is that it isn't true. Those that actually can and do act, don't generally do so without it being a difficult consideration. Groups of people stand by and watch others beaten and killed more often than a single person stands up and takes action. Many soldiers suffer trauma from having had to decide to kill a person, and those are people who were trained to do that. Not some guy in his parents basement that thinks if the crap got serious he'd be able to handle every single thing with no problem. internet mentality is strong. A person who can look a suffering and helpless human being in the eye, enemy or not, and without any difficulty at all, decide to kill them, isn't behaving the way normal humans do.

So easily? I wasn't suggesting that you should kill a person because they got the last Coke in the vending machine.

If it's a life or death situation and it's my life or my families safety at stake I would kill to protect it.
That doesn't mean it's easy or something that wouldn't affect me, but I would do it.

I have personally stepped in when someone ws getting beaten, no one else helped but I did.
I've also run into a burning barn to save some horses, I did this knowing I could be harmed.

People can and do step up when needed, the weak don't and the weak are usually the first ones to go as well.
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#663 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Sure. But if you look at the population of BC which is 4,419,974 (estimate) and the amount of homicides in Vancouver from 2009-2012 ( http://www.cbc.ca/bc...micide/map.html ) its not a high percentage.

Assuming you have morals and grow up in a decent society, your not just gonna be able to start killing people.

In BC sure, but what about innocent war casualties? (Syria)
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#664 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

Ha, it just got way too serious in here.

Great episode this week, don't know how they will keep going without separating Rick and Shane. I don't think they're about to see eye-to-eye any time soon. What I would love to see, however, is a flashback to pre-zombie life where Rick and Shane are close friends. That would really add a new layer to the current resentment.

#665 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#666 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Ha, it just got way too serious in here.

Great episode this week, don't know how they will keep going without separating Rick and Shane. I don't think they're about to see eye-to-eye any time soon. What I would love to see, however, is a flashback to pre-zombie life where Rick and Shane are close friends. That would really add a new layer to the current resentment.

They should switch gears from melodrama to drama with depth, and cut all the female characters out for one episode. Might have an actual show to work with.

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#667 cj_coolcat

cj_coolcat

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

I might be alone in this but this episode actually made me hate Andrea a little less and hate Laurie a little more. What was with the "the men can take care of that, you should be cooking and cleaning like a good little woman" speech? What is this, the 1940's? I'm thinking Laurie might want to learn to do something other than cook and clean if she wants to survive and protect her kids.

I'm also wondering if the two police officer walkers who didn't have bites on them are significant. If they're following the same theories as the comic than it is significant, but I'm not sure that they are...
QUOTE (kanadahockey @ Aug 20 2009, 08:48 AM) ah yes, comparing Natives to stray dogs wasn't critical of the Natives, it was actually critical of the Whites. How very White Man's Burden of you. Pip, pip and all that - let's retire to the library for cucumber sandwiches.

#668 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

I might be alone in this but this episode actually made me hate Andrea a little less and hate Laurie a little more. What was with the "the men can take care of that, you should be cooking and cleaning like a good little woman" speech? What is this, the 1940's? I'm thinking Laurie might want to learn to do something other than cook and clean if she wants to survive and protect her kids.

I'm also wondering if the two police officer walkers who didn't have bites on them are significant. If they're following the same theories as the comic than it is significant, but I'm not sure that they are...

http://www.roamersan...cops-w-0-bites/

#669 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Wasn't it already established that a zombie turns when deceased?
I thought when they saw the dude who hung himself turned they figured that out.

#670 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,821 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

Posted Image

#671 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

I hope they kill off Laurie soon. She is nauseating. By far the most annoying character now.

#672 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Spoiler

#673 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#674 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#675 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Andrea has gone beyond needing to be eaten. Her suicide philosophy is beyond ridiculous and acting like some badass when nothing is going on.

I was kind in season 1 because her sister bit the dust, but trying to act like the ice queen makes her more annoying then the crying chick (who I am not blaming, her daughter was zombified)

And that was a funny picture group, Lat, I was thinking the same thing during that episode.

With Murphy MacManus acting all emo it's a good thing Rick has shown to be the shows true badass this season. Some may say Shane, but he's just doing whatever is opposite to Rick.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#676 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

And tonight, Carl just flew to the top of most annoying list.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#677 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

PVR'd havnt seen it yet ill watch it when i get home, but i really hope this season gets moving...if they spend the ENTIRE season at the farmhouse i will be pretty dissapointed.

The zombie at the end of the episodes which Shane saw and didnt say anyhting to Rick.

I wonder if itll lead more zombies there, and chase them off to the next safehouse.

Hopefully eating the lame characters along the way :lol:

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#678 Canucks_4_Cup

Canucks_4_Cup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

PVR'd havnt seen it yet ill watch it when i get home, but i really hope this season gets moving...if they spend the ENTIRE season at the farmhouse i will be pretty dissapointed.

The zombie at the end of the episodes which Shane saw and didnt say anyhting to Rick.

I wonder if itll lead more zombies there, and chase them off to the next safehouse.

Hopefully eating the lame characters along the way :lol:

I think that zombie was more symbolic than anything. Why bother to stop and kill it when they're 18 miles out?

#679 No_More_Larchide

No_More_Larchide

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

I think that zombie was more symbolic than anything. Why bother to stop and kill it when they're 18 miles out?

This is exactly what I thought, and what it was supposed to be. I read it as, the Zombie was alone, walking in the field and it showed Shane exactly how alone they all are.
Larchide is spelled wrong on purpose....

#680 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Spoiler

#681 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

This show is losing its appeal fast. This season has been dull to say the least. If I wanted to watch a relationship drama, I'd watch something that doesn't have zombies and the end of civilization in it. At least throw some zombies their way for a change. Fill the farmlands with zombie bodies. Do something!

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#682 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

The question in the spoiler tag eventually but the show doesn't really follow the comics I've already noticed some Big differences.

#683 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Spoiler

“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#684 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Spoiler

No.
He's pretty cool in the comic too. All the characters are. There really aren't any annoying ones, and the antagonist are zombies, not eachother.
So they essentially killed off the only likable character.

#685 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

No.
He's pretty cool in the comic too. All the characters are. There really aren't any annoying ones, and the antagonist are zombies, not eachother.
So they essentially killed off the only likable character.

Glenn's still cool.

Sure the series is moving at a steady pace, but that's story telling. You build it up and end with a bang.

I do agree that almost all the characters are extremely annoying.

It's funny how people keep complaining about the show, yet they keep tuning in every single week to let us know how awful the show has gotten on CDC.
Posted Image

#686 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,135 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Glenn's still cool.

Sure the series is moving at a steady pace, but that's story telling. You build it up and end with a bang.

I do agree that almost all the characters are extremely annoying.

It's funny how people keep complaining about the show, yet they keep tuning in every single week to let us know how awful the show has gotten on CDC.

This. If the whole tv series was just people being killed by zombies every single episode, there would be no plot development and people would have stopped watching immediately. There's a reason why people still watch it, it's a good show.

#687 Spectacular

Spectacular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

I love how this show is more than just a shoot em up zombie show.

The ending of the latest episode really got me down. Damnit Carl I hate your annoying ass.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#688 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

This. If the whole tv series was just people being killed by zombies every single episode, there would be no plot development and people would have stopped watching immediately. There's a reason why people still watch it, it's a good show.

Some people think "zombie" means a show has to be instantly as mindless as a zombie... And act like this show is misrepresenting itself, despite very clearly being classed as a drama, they get all upset and shocked because it's... a drama.

It is an excellent show that is what it says it is. I swear some people think it should be like a zombie FPS game...

#689 infamous1

infamous1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

I was really hoping the zombie bit Carl and Rick would have to shoot him

Edited by infamous1, 05 March 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#690 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I watch it because the comic is so good so im waiting for the show to pick up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.