873 replies to this topic

#691 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,230 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

does anyone think that symbolic zombie in the field might have ended up being the zombie in the mud? and yes, i was hoping carl would have been bitten.

At least we know they are going to have to leave the house next episode (or the episode after it)
Spoiler

Edited by avelanch, 05 March 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#692 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

You guys are absolutely right. It's great that drama is created by an unsupervised child, in a world full of zombies, who snoops through other people'st things. Come on, this isn't great writing, this is childish. Or a woman crashing in midday, how typical, a damsel in distress. Anyway, I didn't mean to poo poo the show, I still watch it. I am simply growing tired of the current set up. I'm sorry if I want to see more zombie action in the only high production zombie show on TV. And no, it doesn't have to be a zombie FPS. I just want story involving zombies more. There is too much focus on humans lately.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#693 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

You guys are absolutely right. It's great that drama is created by an unsupervised child, in a world full of zombies, who snoops through other people'st things. Come on, this isn't great writing, this is childish. Or a woman crashing in midday, how typical, a damsel in distress. Anyway, I didn't mean to poo poo the show, I still watch it. I am simply growing tired of the current set up. I'm sorry if I want to see more zombie action in the only high production zombie show on TV. And no, it doesn't have to be a zombie FPS. I just want story involving zombies more. There is too much focus on humans lately.

maybe a drama isn't for you... the range of emotion a zombie can show is pretty limited, which is why the humans are the focus. we've seen over and over, zombie movies that are essentially a video game and nothing more substantial than "zombie - RUN!" or "Zombie - Shoot!". The thing that has made this show different is that it is about focusing on the human side of this, how the different people cope with their world being turned upside down and facing immense trauma along with it. Obviously people like that because the show is #2 in viewership on Cable (rankings from feb 20) with just the NBA allstar game scoring more viewers...

If this show was all about the zombies it would have been dead after 1 season.

#694 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

maybe a drama isn't for you... the range of emotion a zombie can show is pretty limited, which is why the humans are the focus. we've seen over and over, zombie movies that are essentially a video game and nothing more substantial than "zombie - RUN!" or "Zombie - Shoot!". The thing that has made this show different is that it is about focusing on the human side of this, how the different people cope with their world being turned upside down and facing immense trauma along with it. Obviously people like that because the show is #2 in viewership on Cable (rankings from feb 20) with just the NBA allstar game scoring more viewers...

I like drama just fine, but I prefer to get it elsewhere. I think having a show with a big budget could take zombies to a new level. To me, doing human drama is easy. It's in every show. I'm not against having human characters, with stories and feelings, but we're half way through season two and we still don't know if there's any semblance of government left. There's no hint of the world, the focus is entirely on Rick and Co. and their petty squabbles. I like the realistic approach to survival, but eventually watching them live in relative safety on a farm gets dull. And come on, some episodes they beat dozens of zombies, in this one, going for a walk with a rifle resulted in what it did. Shouldn't they be a little more careful, so as to not get jumped by a zombie that moves at turtle speed? Come on. Let's kill one of the only characters that represents pure good. I guess next time they have a moral dilemma, they can have a unanimous vote. So much opportunity to take this show places, but maybe it's because it's bound to a defined story they can't, or it doesn't market. Anyway I'm rambling.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#695 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Do we have a brain here people? That zombie could barely get out of the mud, then he can tear apart a cow and a person. This is not good writing.
MG doesn't admit his mistakes. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!

#696 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Drama's are GREAT if done properly.
A drama falls short when it creates ridiculous conflicts that are neither intelligent or practical.
Every single time there's a problem with zombie's it's self inflicted.
When has anyone died in the show because of just bad luck, or being overwhelmed? It always ends up being: annoying character makes annoying decision, and gets people killed, or self killed, or some form of annoying conflict occurs.
It's like the zombie's don't actually exist, how did anyone ever die, you can evidently be complete morons 95% of the time and survive apparently.
Posted Image

#697 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Do we have a brain here people? That zombie could barely get out of the mud, then he can tear apart a cow and a person. This is not good writing.

A horse can get stuck in bog muck like that, doesn't mean that it can't shatter a person's skull with 1 kick.
Once the zombie was free of the bog, why is it hard to believe it could start to tear into a cow? people can walk up and tip cows over when they sleep at night... And Dale was dumb, paying too much attention to the cow and it cost him. Being on the farm, all fenced in for this amount of time can bring a false sense of security...

#698 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Did he become deaf too?
The zombie's seemed pretty loud usually, not to mention his line of sight should have been fairly broad walking in short grass.
I guess that particular zombie went stealth + quiet mode.
I understand he's a little rattled seeing the cow torn open, but let me try to sneak up on someone making growling and moaning sounds, on a desolate farm in the middle of the night. You'd be AMAZED AT HOW LITTLE SUCCESS I HAVE.
Posted Image

#699 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

A horse can get stuck in bog muck like that, doesn't mean that it can't shatter a person's skull with 1 kick.
Once the zombie was free of the bog, why is it hard to believe it could start to tear into a cow? people can walk up and tip cows over when they sleep at night... And Dale was dumb, paying too much attention to the cow and it cost him. Being on the farm, all fenced in for this amount of time can bring a false sense of security...

He wasn't in deep enough for this comparison to have any meaning.

#700 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Drama's are GREAT if done properly.
A drama falls short when it creates ridiculous conflicts that are neither intelligent or practical.
Every single time there's a problem with zombie's it's self inflicted.
When has anyone died in the show because of just bad luck, or being overwhelmed? It always ends up being: annoying character makes annoying decision, and gets people killed, or self killed, or some form of annoying conflict occurs.
It's like the zombie's don't actually exist, how did anyone ever die, you can evidently be complete morons 95% of the time and survive apparently.

Most problems in life ARE self inflicted, usually due to stupidity, laziness, and carelessness. Why would that change just because there are zombies around?

It's not like the zombies are plotting coordinated attacks. You pretty much have to stumble into them and get caught off guard or cornered.

People make stupid decisions everyday and that won't change because there are zombies, all that will change is that people will die more often due to their stupid decisions.

#701 S.Mouse!

S.Mouse!

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

I had a feeling someone would die last night.

I thought it might even be Carl. Since the timeline of the show is moving slowly, and he will be an inch taller and have a deeper voice next season. It will be like Walt on Lost. They had to get rid of him because he was growing too fast for the timeline. I thought they could introduce different kids next season to fill the storylines from the comic that involved Carl.

There will likely be another character or two eliminated this year. They will be introducing lots of new people soon, and need to thin the herd a bit.
Posted Image

#702 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Check it out.
The episode where Glen and Maggie go to town, they could have focused it on them getting stuck somewhere, maybe their horses get eaten, and they get trapped in a building
The episode is then focused on how the rest of the group is worried about them. They do a search and rescue for them which could last an episode (Doesn't need to last half a season), and they could have to fight through some zombies, and Glen and Maggie need to do some stealth, and make some smart decisions to get rescued. Doesn't need to be stupid decisions. Humans are capable of making good decisions every once in a while.
That's an episode about zombies. It's intense. They could create drama about how there's differing opinions on how to rescue them.
How about for every 5 episodes about how Lorie's whining, or Maggie loves Glen too much, or some girl wants to kill herself, or Andrea makes a ridiculous decision they throw in an episode about how there's conflict with zombies?
JUST ONCE IN A WHILE!?
And Carl running off like a moron and luring the zombie back to camp isn't an episode about zombies. It's an episode about how stupid the group is.
Posted Image

#703 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

He wasn't in deep enough for this comparison to have any meaning.

I lived in Florida and ran around in the swamps as a kid, I saw our neighbor's cow get stuck in the bog, and he wasn't in deep. You actually don't need to sink down all that far in the muck before the suction can hold you way more securely than you'd think. It's worse with human feet because of the shape.

None of which changes the fact that something being capable of being stuck in the mud can still be dangerous when free of the mud...

#704 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Most problems in life ARE self inflicted, usually due to stupidity, laziness, and carelessness. Why would that change just because there are zombies around?

It's not like the zombies are plotting coordinated attacks. You pretty much have to stumble into them and get caught off guard or cornered.

People make stupid decisions everyday and that won't change because there are zombies, all that will change is that people will die more often due to their stupid decisions.

Yeah, most problems in life are self inflicted, but never to the extent that this show makes them out to be.

When I was a child, my parents went over some pretty basic stuff with me, like, don't go get raped by a pedophile.
Or don't go wandering off in the forest all by yourself while stealing some guys gun you barely know.
Or, if we tell you to stay away for a bit, don't come in and start shouting orders like you're the boss.
Sometimes, I'd slip up a bit, and go looking for pedo's. What can I say, it just seemed like so much fun, but never all 3 in the span of one day.
Then once I found pedo's, I wasn't like, running up to their car asking for candy or anything. I'd be like, alright, that's good enough. Carl's seen what zombies can do. He's seen them eat people. The concept of zombies scares me enough that I wouldn't ever screw around with one.
Just doesn't seem like a reasonable problem to me.

And I'm pretty sure comparing the lives we live in now, to the lives of zombie apocalypse survivors is kinda different.
I could make the mistake of walking alone in an alley in the downtown east side and being jumped because I'm drunk, or lazy, or not thinking properly, or whatever.
Now, turn the world into a zombie infestation with 99% of the population being zombies. I suddenly don't make the mistake of walking alone in a dark, tight area totally exposing myself.
I think my every move out very thoroughly. I also try to unify with my group, and if I see a potential threat within the group, I try to diplomatically remove them from the group. I don't allow the group to be destroyed on a daily basis because of overwhelming conflict. I understand survival probably is easier in a larger group, but if the group is totally split I have to make some decisions.

Edited by Stefan, 05 March 2012 - 04:45 PM.

Posted Image

#705 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Do you really think it's so different than people being in any dangerous part of the world? People who know the risks of where they are fall victim to all sorts of things which result in their death. People who would fall victim to their own stupidity in this society would also likely fall victim to their own stupidity or simple carelessness in a world with zombies. The difference is that instead of being mugged or raped or bit by a snake, they would get killed by a zombie.

#706 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

carl :picard:
Posted Image

#707 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Only seen 2 episodes,but it seems they want to turn the kid into a mini Dexter.

#708 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Ditch the hat, Carl.

And I'm going to miss that single expression Dale always seems to have on his face...

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#709 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

The inconsistencies on this show are maddening. From one scene, a zombie isn't strong enough to get his foot out of mud, or hold on to a 10-year old's leg, and in the next scene, the same zombie is strong enough to tear open someone's stomach with his bare hands. But he wasn't strong enough to push the guys's hands down and eat him, which I'm told is what zombies really want to do... eat people.

And how about a joke? An entire season has passed without one funny comment. People make jokes in terrible situations, its human nature, and better TV.

#710 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

The inconsistencies on this show are maddening. From one scene, a zombie isn't strong enough to get his foot out of mud, or hold on to a 10-year old's leg, and in the next scene, the same zombie is strong enough to tear open someone's stomach with his bare hands. But he wasn't strong enough to push the guys's hands down and eat him, which I'm told is what zombies really want to do... eat people.

And how about a joke? An entire season has passed without one funny comment. People make jokes in terrible situations, its human nature, and better TV.

I agree about the joke part, in all that madness and chaos someone would say something remotely funny to ease the situation.

The most frustrating part for me is the decisions these people are making, it seems to go against everything a person might do in zombie times.
And weapons? Besides some guns and the one dudes bow they need to make some weapons, clubs, spears etc.
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#711 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

How about some traps, or episodes where theyre required to go hunting or scavenging for food.
Posted Image

#712 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

I would also think that some automated satellite systems would still be working, like gps?? Perhaps they could get satellite images of various areas. I would be looking for a mall that was going to open just after everything fell apart, or big box stores that are in the middle of a group of towns, but not in any one town. So a central location that people can drive to. If it spread as fast as they say, one has to think about what would not have been affected, or have been affected the least. One has to try to use any remaining computer power, some of which should still be working, yet there is just none of this because of what it might mean for the shows budget.

I'd be going to RV dealers and trying to find some big deisel pusher rigs. I'd be trying all kinds of things, but these guys don't because the show doesn't have the budget.

#713 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

The ideal plan to get away from the zombies would be to go to an off-shore oil rig, or a cruise ship.

I also wonder what's happening in the rest of the world... there are tens of thousands of little islands across the world, and I don't think zombies can swim, why not try to go there?

#714 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yes, going to an island or grabbing a 200M$ yacht is a plan!

#715 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,230 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

#716 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Avelanch has detailed files on how to survive the zombie apocalypse!! lol

#717 MegaNuck

MegaNuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

I'm guessing we're going to see those 30 men try and invade the far resulting in plenty of deaths and then the entire group moving on somewhere else.

Posted Image

"I can say and be whoever I want on the Internet because Anonymity is my guardian" -- Majority of CDC posters

#718 AL Nite Long

AL Nite Long

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

OMG

Best episode of the year and a great looking season finale on the way. RIP
Spoiler

Posted Image

#719 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

That was amazing. Hands down best episode so far and a great set-up for the season finale.

#720 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

http://www.amctv.com...-the-dying-fire

Sneak Peek for the Season Finale.

Edited by CanuckNut4Life, 11 March 2012 - 08:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.