The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

I doubt I'll be watching this again. Its a ZOMBIE MOVIE... I get the emotional stuff but they are putting TO MUCH of this emotional crap.

I also agree they need more WTF moments. When the kid got shot.... I was like WTF. But the kid lived. The next episode ended up being a emotional episode again how Rick was gonna tell his wife, how the kid was crying and getting operated, how Shane was going to support Rick, etc...

I just got sick halfway to Sunday's episode and turned it off.

It's a crap series. When I hear Zombie, I expect more action then whole episodes of "emotional" crap.

I doubt I'll be watching this again. Its a ZOMBIE MOVIE... I get the emotional stuff but they are putting TO MUCH of this emotional crap.

I also agree they need more WTF moments. When the kid got shot.... I was like WTF. But the kid lived. The next episode ended up being a emotional episode again how Rick was gonna tell his wife, how the kid was crying and getting operated, how Shane was going to support Rick, etc...

I just got sick halfway to Sunday's episode and turned it off.

It's a crap series. When I hear Zombie, I expect more action then whole episodes of "emotional" crap.

I don't know what Zombie stuff you guys have been watching, but it's always supposed to be emotional. Always. If you want to see some guys with guns blow the heads off zombies, go watch someone play Left 4 Dead.

In fact, when it comes to the Walking Dead, I'm not even sure I'm watching the same show as everyone else. There are those that are complaining it's a tear jerker. Those calling it a cheesy zombie fest. Those saying it isn't realistic enough. Just what the hell is it that you guys are watching? It's not overbearing on any of those fronts. It's partially all of those things yes, but it's because it's a zombie story. I'd ask what you signed up for when you decided to watch the show, but I know it's just going to be another mess of nonsense answers.

What this show does consistently, is manage to do nothing at all for a full 45 minutes. The episode did it yesterday as well, but that no one noticed this from season 1 is mind boggling. It's not a recent phenomenon for the show. But when you have 13 episodes like they do this season, they're allowed to take it slow. Also, this last episode itself wasn't all bad.

At the end of the 2nd episode you see the two dudes get stuck inbetween the wall and the fence, but when it flashes to scenes from next week you see them out running around a building. I think the show would be better if they didn't reveal that they infact escape from there. I'd still be wondering right now if they got out of there or not, but because we see scenes for next weeks show, we already know they escape. kind of lame but oh well.

From what what I've read of the comic, everyone's a major drama queen so its no surprise that that aspect carried over to the T.V. series.

Anyway I find the idea of a zombie apocalypse ridiculous, unless the Romero based zombie gets some kind of huge performance upgrade, has a lot if outside help or has particularity favorable circumstances working for it, I just can't see them being much of a threat.

Darryl is awesomely bad ass. Glenn's not too bad either. Everybody else in this show... they all seem intently designed and written to get on your nerves. Outside of Glenn and Darryl, the little boy and girl, and I guess maybe the 3 with the house (don't really know enough about them yet), I think I'll miss no one if they die.

I'm not too sure what it is exactly, but I think I'm getting tired of them trying to fit in the "Is a life like this even worth living for" debate into every single conversation they have.

Darryl is awesomely bad ass. Glenn's not too bad either. Everybody else in this show... they all seem intently designed and written to get on your nerves. Outside of Glenn and Darryl, the little boy and girl, and I guess maybe the 3 with the house (don't really know enough about them yet), I think I'll miss no one if they die.

I'm not too sure what it is exactly, but I think I'm getting tired of them trying to fit in the "Is a life like this even worth living for" debate into every single conversation they have.

i don't think I would have shot him at that moment, they still had a lot of time/separation (look how long they were able to wrestle/fight before the zombies caught up. they could have kept on going easily.

plus, I would have shot him in the head so he wouldn't have suffered/been able to fight back/slow me down in the process. the body still would have been warm and smelling fresh, so the zombies still would have went for it.

i don't think I would have shot him at that moment, they still had a lot of time/separation (look how long they were able to wrestle/fight before the zombies caught up. they could have kept on going easily.

plus, I would have shot him in the head so he wouldn't have suffered/been able to fight back/slow me down in the process. the body still would have been warm and smelling fresh, so the zombies still would have went for it.

Their whole plan to get the supplies was poor to begin with. Would have been a lot smarter to have had Shane get the horde's attention and lead them away in the truck. Could have gotten their attention fine by flashing his headlights at them (instead of honking or something, which would attract more from the surrounding area), then slowly pulled the horde away while Otis went into the medical truck, and come back after 15 minutes or however long.

But they went with a dumb plan (and honestly, we see people make stupid choices every single day, so it isn't unrealistic anyways), and Shane shot the guy... But it looked to me like they probably both would have made it, they had so much time to fight while the zombies approached. Shane maybe jumped the gun with that choice...

Archived