The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

Shane is bi polar or something at first he was all concerned about Otis making a break for the changerooms worried he wouldn't make it then he fell and told Otis to leave him and save the boy then within 30 seconds he shoots Otis so he can live. On a second note in the comics Otis does not die there

I liked the first season much better than this season.

Lori is annoying.

The mom with the short hair SUCKS and just cries all the time.

The suicide girl is also annoying.

Shane is also... annoying.

Grandpa is okay.

So now we have 5 episodes about a kid getting shot and another kid who went missing in the woods, and nothing has really happened.

Also, why are they still driving around in a POS RV that breaks down all the time? They've passed army vehicles and should have way better stuff by now.

Darryl is pretty good though.

The people that suck, in my opinion illustrates pretty realistically how stupid some people can be and how poor some of society's coping mechanisms are.

the kids, well if it happened to anyone we knew, it would be a major event which would occupy a lot of our time and resources, so I feel it's realistic. The fact that there has been no sign of the missing girl at all feels very realistic. Not knowing everything is a fact of life. They could leave the girl missing and never say what happened, and that would be pretty realistic in that so many people who go missing, there never is any closure on.

The RV, also have to figure that when a person has lost pretty much everything in his life, keeping one thing that is familiar wouldn't be weird. Trying to keep some connection to their old life can be a comfort. People who are more logical/less sentimental would be changing vehicles to the best possible option any chance they got. lots of their decisions haven't been the most logical, but that's what happens because people are emotional...

Darryl is a great example of a person well suited for the situation, and the development of his character is great.

I, like some others in this thread, have been very disappointed by this season so far. For that matter, I have been disappointed with most of the series, after the first 2 episodes. And yet, I still continue to watch, which must say something (as most of the people complaining also seem to be). The show had one of the best opening episodes to a series I have ever seen. It was edgy, fast-paced, and interesting. The way that the series has turned out, however, has left me wanting more of what I saw in that first episode, so I guess that has kept me going.

As a fan of apocalyptic thrillers, and the zombie genre specifically, I just want to see more action and panic than I see in this show. Some of the actors in this series are downright awful, in my opinion. Laurie is terrible, as I see it. She represents this frail, confused, conflicted 'old-school woman' who need a man to save her...or else. I hate that. I would far prefer to see a strong female character who doesn't cry about everything. In my opinion that is something this series desperately needs. All of the female characters seem overly weak, and frail.

I wish that there would be less character development and more selfishness, more "lord of the Flies" type of conflict. I would imagine that such an apocalyptic event would make people more insulated and wary of others, although that is just my opinion of human nature, I suppose. Perhaps I have read too many Cormac McCarthy novels.

With the ending to the second-to-last episode where Shane killed Otis, I was pleased. It was the first time I had seen someone act that way and it seemed much more 'real' to me.

I want to love this show which is perhaps why I keep coming back, but, they are losing me. If I want to watch a show for character development, I will watch Boardwalk empire, Game of Thrones, or Breaking Bad. For The Walking Dead, I would prefer more focused development on a few characters and cut out all of the other stuff. I want it to be more like "The Road": bleak, dreary, solitary, hopeless... (I know, I know, it's not a zombie film).

Archived