Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

http://www.amctv.com...-the-dying-fire

Sneak Peek for the Season Finale.

Wicked sneak peek, haha.
First 20 minutes of the episode almost put me into a coma I was so bored.
Second 20 minutes got me the most excited I've been since the first episode of the season.
Hoping the finale focuses on survival, not people apologising to eachother and crying constantly.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#722 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'm thinking, just as the zoombies are about to overrun the farmhouse, those other 30 guys show up looking for blood, but intead they run smack into all the zoombies, giving our group a chance to escape.

#723 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

Just watched E12.....

:| Holy Sh*t.

Posted Image
X-360 Gamertag: InSoMnIaK604

NHL 12 Sim League Boston Bruins GM
VHL Montreal Canadiens GM

#724 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

For anyone who likes watching sneak peeks, here's another: http://www.bloody-di...com/news/28702/

#725 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Lori doesn't know who the father is?

Sounds like Lori needs Maury!
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#726 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

Can't say I'm too sad about losing the latest member of the herd....but, he was definitely creating a balance for what needs to be done vs. what in your heart you'd do.
Oh, and I have to agree with the "get on a boat"...you could even anchor your yacht close-ish to shore to go in for suppies, if need be. Everyone knows zombies can't swim. ;-)
Posted Image

#727 Ajax19

Ajax19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Good epi, but i'm a little confused..
Spoiler

You kidding? I am Queens Boulevard.

#728 kaybeee

kaybeee

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Good epi, but i'm a little confused..

Spoiler

the virus is airborne, which means everyone is infected by it and when they die, they turn into a zombie.

this is what the doctor in the lab told rick before it blew up

#729 cj_coolcat

cj_coolcat

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Spoiler if you haven't read the comic:

Spoiler

I'm really glad they're keeping the "everyone who dies comes back as a zombie" thing from the comic. I wasn't sure they would because it's a little more "out there" than just have the virus be spread by bites, but it does go a long way in explaining how the world got so quickly overrun by zombies in the first place.

Edited by cj_coolcat, 11 March 2012 - 11:21 PM.

QUOTE (kanadahockey @ Aug 20 2009, 08:48 AM) ah yes, comparing Natives to stray dogs wasn't critical of the Natives, it was actually critical of the Whites. How very White Man's Burden of you. Pip, pip and all that - let's retire to the library for cucumber sandwiches.

#730 cj_coolcat

cj_coolcat

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

the virus is airborne, which means everyone is infected by it and when they die, they turn into a zombie.

If Rick knew that already, why didn't he stab Shane in the head so he wouldn't turn?
QUOTE (kanadahockey @ Aug 20 2009, 08:48 AM) ah yes, comparing Natives to stray dogs wasn't critical of the Natives, it was actually critical of the Whites. How very White Man's Burden of you. Pip, pip and all that - let's retire to the library for cucumber sandwiches.

#731 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

That was one hell of an episode

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#732 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

I really hope they don't kill Daryl in the season finale.

Only seen 2 episodes,but it seems they want to turn the kid into a mini Dexter.

A mini Dexter would still be a genius which the kid is far from.

Lori doesn't know who the father is?

Sounds like Lori needs Maury!

Zombie Maury!

Edited by ಠ_ಠ, 11 March 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Posted Image

#733 kaybeee

kaybeee

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

If Rick knew that already, why didn't he stab Shane in the head so he wouldn't turn?

i guess he forgot.

remember that episode when rick, glen and herchel get jumped in the pub?

rick had killed the guy with a shot to the chest, then he shot him in the head so he doesnt become a zombie

#734 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

sick episode
Posted Image

#735 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

i guess he forgot.

remember that episode when rick, glen and herchel get jumped in the pub?

rick had killed the guy with a shot to the chest, then he shot him in the head so he doesnt become a zombie

Not to mention he just shot his friend and partner and was clearly a bit distressed.

#736 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

So they must have added this scene into the trailer at 3:58 to deliberately mislead us.

Posted Image

#737 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

So they must have added this scene into the trailer at 3:58 to deliberately mislead us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OZ0mu8Ey6A

http://www.roamersan...ason-2-trailer/

#738 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Sweet episode! For the first time this season I'm really looking forward to the next episode, and not just because there's a chance they'll finally kill off Laurie or Carl.

#739 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

awesome episode, i've been waiting for shane to die. clearly everyone is infected and will become a zombie when they die unless they die via a headshot, and the zombies biting people merely accelerate the process. it's strange how fast they turn into zombies now, as andrea's sister took a number of hours to turn, yet shane only took a couple min.

#740 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

I think Rick was using shane as an experiment to make sure the doctor was telling the truth, which is why he stuck around and mourned by the body, and didn't run/stumble away. he wanted to make sure the doctor was correct.

#741 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

I don't remember this.

#742 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I don't remember this.

it's just speculation, the doctor whispered something in ricks ear before he left, noone knows what it was, but people assume it's about them all being infected or it being airborn or whatever.

#743 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

it's just speculation, the doctor whispered something in ricks ear before he left, noone knows what it was, but people assume it's about them all being infected or it being airborn or whatever.

I thought the doctor might have said that his wife was pregnant, on a side note I don't know why they didn't have Carl shoot Shane (when he was still alive) like in the comics.

Edited by CanuckinEdm, 12 March 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#744 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

I thought the doctor might have said that his wife was pregnant.

lol, that might also be a possibility, but don't you think he would have told laurie? i mean, she wouldn't of had to get glen to get a pregnancy test if that were the case, and I'm sure rick would have shared that info.

Edited by avelanch, 12 March 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#745 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

with the recent developments, does anyone else think laurie's baby is going to be a still born zombie baby, like something out of dawn of the dead?

#746 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Decent episode, you kinda knew something was up when they all started settling in nicely. (Hey, I just won the lottery but then I got AIDS!) Only irritant was Carl managing to be in the right spot and a sudden deadeye with a Glock. (Doesn't anyone watch this kid at all?)

Killing the conscience and devil of the show is actually a good thing. It allows more characters to evolve on their own and not with influence. It was easy for Glen and Blondie to have no real convictions when they let others think for them.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#747 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

with the recent developments, does anyone else think laurie's baby is going to be a still born zombie baby, like something out of dawn of the dead?

Nope. If that was the case, it would only be zombie fetus. It couldn't grow into a full on baby.

In dawn of the dead, she was 9 months pregnant when she got bit.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#748 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Nope. If that was the case, it would only be zombie fetus. It couldn't grow into a full on baby.

In dawn of the dead, she was 9 months pregnant when she got bit.

i'm thinking a breech birth, or if the cord is wrapped around the baby's neck where the baby dies in labour, causing it to reanimate shortly thereafter. I mean, the closest thing they have to a doctor is a vet and I doubt he knows how to diagnose a breech birth, and they don't have an ultrasound or any modern medical equipment to help them check on the health of the baby or to see if the cord is wrapped around the baby or not. there are a lot of complications that can occur during birth that could result in a deceased baby.

And the writer/director/creator said this is going to be like a drawn out Romero film, and that could be a nod to his works (plus I just don't see a way they can work them running around with a baby in tow into the story. nevermind the cliffhanger that would result with her giving birth and then someone noticing something is wrong and them cutting to black.

Edited by avelanch, 12 March 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#749 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Yes, this is exactly what I am expecting. It would be cool if the thing eats its way out of the womb prior to birth.

Edited by aliboy, 12 March 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#750 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

i'm thinking a breech birth, or if the cord is wrapped around the baby's neck where the baby dies in labour, causing it to reanimate shortly thereafter. I mean, the closest thing they have to a doctor is a vet and I doubt he knows how to diagnose a breech birth, and they don't have an ultrasound or any modern medical equipment to help them check on the health of the baby or to see if the cord is wrapped around the baby or not. there are a lot of complications that can occur during birth that could result in a deceased baby.

And the writer/director/creator said this is going to be like a drawn out Romero film, and that could be a nod to his works (plus I just don't see a way they can work them running around with a baby in tow into the story. nevermind the cliffhanger that would result with her giving birth and then someone noticing something is wrong and them cutting to black.

They could Have the baby How often does lauri run around? Mostly you see her bitching and folding laundry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.