873 replies to this topic

#121 MegaNuck

MegaNuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:02 AM

Great show so far. Sucks that it's on AMC as there isnt profanity or nudity (if needed).

Would be much better on HBO but it's still a solid show.

Posted Image

"I can say and be whoever I want on the Internet because Anonymity is my guardian" -- Majority of CDC posters

#122 Breaking The Sailor

Breaking The Sailor

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:07 AM

Great show so far. Sucks that it's on AMC as there isnt profanity or nudity (if needed).

It doesn't seem like nudity or profanity is an integral part of the series.

I wasn't thinking in my head while watching "I wish there was some boobs and a couple f-bombs." That's just me though.

#123 MegaNuck

MegaNuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

It doesn't seem like nudity or profanity is an integral part of the series.

I wasn't thinking in my head while watching "I wish there was some boobs and a couple f-bombs." That's just me though.

Fair enough. Just more referring to the usual movies they have on AMC that have it edited out. One of my pet peeves of not being able to see the movie how it was originally made.

Posted Image

"I can say and be whoever I want on the Internet because Anonymity is my guardian" -- Majority of CDC posters

#124 egatti

egatti

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:31 AM

Fair enough. Just more referring to the usual movies they have on AMC that have it edited out. One of my pet peeves of not being able to see the movie how it was originally made.

Don't worry, It will all be in the Bray/DVDs when it comes out. Just like they did for Breaking Bad.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#125 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

I really liked that episode. Spoilers I guess...\

-Directing was great. Some real movie-esque shots. Didn't seem low budget at all like Jericho
-Great acting so far
-A bunch of 'Oh Sh**' moments
-When the kid sees his mom and starts to cry is pretty sad. Same for when the dad has the sniper rifle out
-I liked Sarah Wayne Callies in Prison Break, she's a good actress (despite how lame that show got at the end), good to see her in another show
-Zombies look good so far
-Dialogue doesn't seem cheesy or forced like most zombie releted movies/shows

Looking forward to next week! Been telling everyone I know that has AMC to watch it.

#126 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,664 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

In my opinion, It's fitting they film it in Atlanta since most Falcons fans are like walking dead zombies anyways.

I liked the first episode. Watched the repeat after the Saints game. Looking forward to more!

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

cookie.png

#127 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:43 AM

This was even better than I had anticipated. The acting was pretty good and the cinematography was sweet.
Posted Image

#128 Rees

Rees

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

I really enjoyed the show and it looked great in HD. I'm already sold on the Blu-Ray once it's released. It just sucks that I have to wait a whole week for episode 2

#129 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

A show doesn't need these to be good. And by being on AMC it gives more people (like myself) the opportunity to watch a great show because not everyone has HBO.

I managed to watch the 10 pm show although I missed the first 10 minutes. I love Breaking Bad and I think this will be my second favourite AMC show. I like AMC bringing to new shows although Rubicon, while a good idea, is terribly boring.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#130 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

Still haven't seen the first episode... I just haven't had time.

#131 d^/ > _ < \^b

d^/ > _ < \^b

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

I don't have channel 53. That's AMC right?
Can someone please PM me a link to watch the episodes?
Dying to watch it!!! Thank you!!

Nvm. found it!
My god.. Freakin' loving the season already!
Directing and acting were great and the zombies were just Amazing. Wish i could watch it on tv with HD though :(
Anyways, can't wait for next week!
Posted Image

#132 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,918 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

Nvm. found it!
My god.. Freakin' loving the season already!
Directing and acting were great and the zombies were just Amazing. Wish i could watch it on tv with HD though :(
Anyways, can't wait for next week!

I have it on HD, you are more then welcome to watch it at my house. :huh:
Posted Image

#133 d^/ > _ < \^b

d^/ > _ < \^b

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

I have it on HD, you are more then welcome to watch it at my house. :huh:

Ohh that's very nice of you sir.

But uhm, i've heard rumours that you use that HD tv of yours to prompt little kids and teenagers to go to your house. Then you chop them up, put them in the freezer and eat them for dinner?! :shock:

Just kidding just kidding. So where do you live? :huh:
Posted Image

#134 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,918 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

i live in Downtown Canada
Posted Image

#135 Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Don't normally follow tv shows on a consistent basis , but I will definitely be watching every episode of this show...

New episode every Sunday? at 7?
Posted Image

#136 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

The good thing about a tv series is you can actually get to know the survivors, unlike in a 2 hour movie. The father and son survivors brought an emotional level to your typical zombie fare. Seeing him unable to shoot his wife was very powerful. I felt sorry for the horse though.
One thing I don't get is, don't people know how to siphon gas? All you need is a rubber tube, or even a knife to cut the gas line?

I know he was disorientated leaving the hospital, but he didn't bother to look for his clothes?
Or a doctor's gown, or look for a crowbar or something? Even a cane? And what's with leaving the houses with the doors open? What you want the walkers to just shuffle into the house and wait for you to get back?

And why didn't he strap one of those shotguns onto his leg? That way he's got a point defense always with him? He's on a horse it's not like he's walking with it?

Grrrr. :)
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#137 egatti

egatti

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:34 AM

The good thing about a tv series is you can actually get to know the survivors, unlike in a 2 hour movie. The father and son survivors brought an emotional level to your typical zombie fare. Seeing him unable to shoot his wife was very powerful. I felt sorry for the horse though.
One thing I don't get is, don't people know how to siphon gas? All you need is a rubber tube, or even a knife to cut the gas line?

I know he was disorientated leaving the hospital, but he didn't bother to look for his clothes?
Or a doctor's gown, or look for a crowbar or something? Even a cane? And what's with leaving the houses with the doors open? What you want the walkers to just shuffle into the house and wait for you to get back?

And why didn't he strap one of those shotguns onto his leg? That way he's got a point defense always with him? He's on a horse it's not like he's walking with it?

Grrrr. :)

You can't do this in newer vehicles (the hose won't go all the way in), I just watched 28 days later and they siphoned gas in it. Yah, but it was dark and I think he just wanted out of there, plus all he wanted to do was to get back to his family. He didnt know that there were zombies and that they were going to try and kill him (although I would have wanted a weapon and closed my door). That would have been cool.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#138 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

If I was in a zombie apocolypse I'd barracade myself in the closest Wal Mart. Lock up all he doors, in there you have tents for sleeping, tons of food, stuff to play with. Even better if it was in the states because they have guns there I believe. Take to the roof and have some target practice.

#139 AL Nite Long

AL Nite Long

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

Any show that starts off shooting a little zombie girl in the first minute you know will be good.

I love AMC.

Edited by AL Nite Long, 02 November 2010 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image

#140 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

perhaps ne doesn't plan on coming back?

#141 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

I haven't read the graphic novel, so I guess I can't really ask this question, but how are they going to make a whole series out of this?

Actually, don't answer me, as I want to be surprised. :P

I'm already looking forward to next week! :)
Posted Image

#142 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

I haven't read the graphic novel, so I guess I can't really ask this question, but how are they going to make a whole series out of this?

Actually, don't answer me, as I want to be surprised. :P

I'm already looking forward to next week! :)

lets just say, don't get too attached to any single character. Besides, the world is a large place, lots of stories to tell from all over the world (pure speculation)

Edited by avelanch, 02 November 2010 - 06:59 PM.

#143 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

I am writing a book about a zombie apocalypse in my spare time. Only this is happening way into the future where the living have robots to fight for them.
Posted Image

#144 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? i mean robots cant be stopped by zombies, and they never have to rest. they can just keep going. where's the scary in that?

#145 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

The pilot was great. I can't wait to see where it goes.

#146 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,489 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? i mean robots cant be stopped by zombies, and they never have to rest. they can just keep going. where's the scary in that?

Perhaps it'd be better if there were also Ninjas and Pirates in there. Thinking about it, adding James Bond and Superman wouldn't hurt either.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#147 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

It isn't meant to be scary or anything. I just got bored and started writing after watching I, Robot and Dawn of the Dead where my inspiration came from.
Posted Image

#148 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

It isn't meant to be scary or anything. I just got bored and started writing after watching I, Robot and Dawn of the Dead where my inspiration came from.

so... it's a love story?

#149 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

so... it's a love story?

Without any romantic relations. It is focusing more on the political and social effects.
Posted Image

#150 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Perhaps it'd be better if there were also Ninjas and Pirates in there. Thinking about it, adding James Bond and Superman wouldn't hurt either.

Time travelling ninja-pirates who are really undercover double agents for an unknown secret government agency that get super powers from the sun's energy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.