Here's some more info on the pool (for those who have never done H2H):

You have to pick the following:

2 Center

2 LW

2 RW

4 D

1Util

2 G

5 Bench players. The 5 bench can be what you like. C, LW, RW, D, G. Doesnt matter keep in mind that you can swap players from the bench to the start any day your players are playing. Essentially, the more active you are the better you are going to do.

There is 1 Util spot. The Util spot is a player that plays ANY position with the exception of a goalie can be put in the spot. Any D or F can be slotted into the UTIL each day.

There is also an 1 IR slot. THat's in case one of your players that you want to keep gets hurt as his NHL team puts him on IR. You can place an injured player on IR and pick up another one from the waiver wire.

There is a limit to the amount of waiver moves you can make. This helps avoiding streaming. If you feel like a player isnt producing and another is a surprise, you can pick him up from the waivers and drop your player. There is a 3 day wait period to hope he clears waivers and someone with a higher priority number doesnt pick him up.

The priority number is first based on draft order, then based on who is the most active in waivers.

One other thing about goalies. Your goalies must have a minimum of 3 starts per week. Meaning that both your goalies (or more if you choose to draft more) have to play a total of atleast 3 games between them. This helps avoid someone dressing a goalie who gets a shutout and then not playing anyone else the rest of the week. Only 2 goalies can be dressed for the same day.

Remember the categories that are being scored on here as you're trying simply to beat your opponent each week in each statistical category:

Player Stats:

Goals Assists Plus/Minus PowerPlayPoints PIM ShorthandedPoints ShotsOnGoal

Goalie Stats:

Wins GAA Save% SO

Although this pool sounds complicated, it's actually pretty easy and keeps you engaged throughout the season rather than simply picking a team and never going back to the site again.

for those that are busy on a daily basis, you can preset your lineups for up 2 a week in advance if needed.

I'm currently in a keeper pool (almost identical to H2H except you keep a certain amount of players per year), roto and one where you need to pick players based on a salary cap.

H2H is always to most engaging as it requires thinking. Even down to who you take with your first pick.

I'm hoping that all you guys that signed up stay dedicated and we can make this an annual thing. If you guys have any questions, PM me. I'll be online 30mins before the draft on here as well in case anyone has any trouble logging into the Java Applet.

If it says loading and the bar doesnt move from 3/4 to the end, hit refresh. That sometimes works. Be 15 mins early to the draft. That way you wont have any problems.

If you cant make it, log onto your yahoo account and prerank your players. you can rank up to 300 players. That way, the computer isnt autopicking for you.

One other thing. Trades are welcome. You guys can discuss them. If they seem lopsided for one person (Malkin for Brendan morrison), the league votes on it to deem it fair or not.

Best of luck to all.

fck.... I am gonna lose the pool now... There is no way I can stay on top of all of that. Even with a week in advance you still need to check schedules for whos playing etc... Ill give it a shot though. Thx for setting this up Mega.

crap happens. Kurupt fell asleep before in OT ;) lol

Sorry guys:( I feel bad. I dunno.. I just closed my eyes for a few seconds and was gone...:(

Its all good... I just wish you fell asleep in the 3rd or something. Not the start of the 1st period against all time ranked 2 team lol

fck.... I am gonna lose the pool now... There is no way I can stay on top of all of that. Even with a week in advance you still need to check schedules for whos playing etc... Ill give it a shot though. Thx for setting this up Mega.

I appreciate you giving it a shot apex. I'll post the sites where you can find info on who is starting in net on each day. There are a couple of reliable Free sites for goalie info.

I'll provide that to everyone.

It's not as hard as it sounds. Some days you may only have 2 people playing. Just depends on the schedule.

There is also a free fantasy app you can download for iPhone or Blackberry (if you have one) that you can use to set your lines up daily..

Best thing is, if you're about to play NHL11, quickly log on and set your lineup for the next couple of days.

I forgot to mention that there will also be playoffs. 6 teams make it. if we had 12 teams registered by tomorrow, i'll bump it up to 8 teams qualify.

I appreciate you giving it a shot apex. I'll post the sites where you can find info on who is starting in net on each day. There are a couple of reliable Free sites for goalie info.

I'll provide that to everyone.

It's not as hard as it sounds. Some days you may only have 2 people playing. Just depends on the schedule.

There is also a free fantasy app you can download for iPhone or Blackberry (if you have one) that you can use to set your lines up daily.

Sweet, that'll be handy.

There is a limit to how many moves you can make during a season though.. am I correct?

I was winning a H2H hockey pool once until the final week.. I somehow ran out of moves so I couldn't change my lines :(

You can change your lines as many times as you want. There is no limit to that.

There is a limit to dropping and adding players from waivers however.

3 per week and 40 moves. Essentially 20 players.

Here's one right now that is up. http://brotato.org/

i'll find the others.

http://www.leftwinglock.com/

EDIT

FOUND IT:

http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/

This one is SOLID.

That last one's article on the main page hurts my brain.

The St. Louis Blues’ top prospect Alex Pietrangelo will start the season with the team for the second straight season. Last year, Hockey’s Future rated him the League’s best forward as he has elite potential. Back in 2004, he was drafted before both Luke Schenn and Tyler Myers which is a pretty decent indicator for his expectations.

Yes, and Alexandre Daigle was elite because he was drafted before Pronger, too. Too many fails for one article.

That last one's article on the main page hurts my brain.

Yes, and Alexandre Daigle was elite because he was drafted before Pronger, too. Too many fails for one article.

LOL. It's good for goalie starts. NEVER have read the articles.

Archived