The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

~ Canucks.com ~ NHL14 EASHL Team for PS3

Rozzy

Great news ... My ps3 is dead. Don't really know what's happening right now, and Sony can't even troubleshoot it, so I'll let you guys know later. The worst part... I just set up my new tv. I turn it on to switch it over to the new tv... bam, dead.

Great news ... My ps3 is dead. Don't really know what's happening right now, and Sony can't even troubleshoot it, so I'll let you guys know later. The worst part... I just set up my new tv. I turn it on to switch it over to the new tv... bam, dead.

How is it that Sony can't troubleshoot it? What is the error (doesn't turn on, doesn't play games, what lights are flashing, etc.)?

Could it be because you swapped out one TV for another? Something like the display resolution that you had set with your old TV doesn't work with the new one (only supports 1080i instead of 1080p, for example) or you used a different video output with the old setup (HDMI vs. RCA for example). It seems odd that it would break as soon as you plugged it in to your new TV, without any warning (I'm assuming).

How is it that Sony can't troubleshoot it? What is the error (doesn't turn on, doesn't play games, what lights are flashing, etc.)?

Could it be because you swapped out one TV for another? Something like the display resolution that you had set with your old TV doesn't work with the new one (only supports 1080i instead of 1080p, for example) or you used a different video output with the old setup (HDMI vs. RCA for example). It seems odd that it would break as soon as you plugged it in to your new TV, without any warning (I'm assuming).

I wish it was as simple as that. I went to turn the machine on, and I got the standard green light for about two seconds, then I got one second of a yellow light, then I got a flashing red light with 3 beeps, which indicates hardware failure. So I guess this is the dreaded Yellow Light of Death. Right now, my only two options are to send it back east to Sony, costing me $230 and not guaranteeing a working system coming back, or I have to go buy a new system for $70 more.

I never actually got to plug it into the new tv. I was turning it on to switch the video output from DVI to HDMI for the new tv.

I wish it was as simple as that. I went to turn the machine on, and I got the standard green light for about two seconds, then I got one second of a yellow light, then I got a flashing red light with 3 beeps, which indicates hardware failure. So I guess this is the dreaded Yellow Light of Death. Right now, my only two options are to send it back east to Sony, costing me $230 and not guaranteeing a working system coming back, or I have to go buy a new system for $70 more.

I never actually got to plug it into the new tv. I was turning it on to switch the video output from DVI to HDMI for the new tv.

:( the day after I leave with my PS3, yours dies. Check with EB, I heard that they do a deal where you can give in your old broken PS3 and they give you a deal on a new slim.

:( the day after I leave with my PS3, yours dies. Check with EB, I heard that they do a deal where you can give in your old broken PS3 and they give you a deal on a new slim.

Yeah I checked the website and there was no mention, but they very rarely update their site, so I guess I'll stop in there tomorrow afternoon. Hey, better lock your door, I might have to break in to get my NHL fix.

Oh yeah...my NHL10 disc is inside my ps3..great! :(

Yeah I checked the website and there was no mention, but they very rarely update their site, so I guess I'll stop in there tomorrow afternoon. Hey, better lock your door, I might have to break in to get my NHL fix.

Oh yeah...my NHL10 disc is inside my ps3..great! :(

What up from Bahamas! Rozzy watch some videos on youtube on how to fix the yellow light of death. I did and was able to fix mine in a couple hours. You can do it.....

What up from Bahamas! Rozzy watch some videos on youtube on how to fix the yellow light of death. I did and was able to fix mine in a couple hours. You can do it.....

The only problem with that is that the fixes that people show only hold for a couple weeks at best, and I really don't want to fix it and sell it to someone and screw them over.

Yeah, that would be the YLOD. Several causes for it too, so that would be why there's no way to troubleshoot it.

That happened to me a couple of months ago, and since I had a 60GB launch PS3, I sent it in to get it repaired. I didn't feel like repairing it myself because of the can of worms that that opens up, not to mention the fact that I didn't want to ruin my NHL disk inside. Cost me 150 bucks American, and got a refurbed 60GB launch PS3 back. Is it really $230 CDN for a repair? And you will get a working system back, unless you mistreated your PS3 or opened it up.

Having said that, I ended up getting a Slim too 'cause they're cheap and I like the lower power consumption/heat generation (and I needed something to play while the repair was happening).

Learn to read whatttt chopstick?

Learn to read where he said he just moved out yesterday noooooooob.

and yeah Ralph, it is 230 bucks Canadian.

At least I have my legend card backed up on my computer, but as for the other 30 gigs of save files from the past 2 1/2 years ... They're gone for good I guess. Fracking sucks.

Learn to read where he said he just moved out yesterday noooooooob.

and yeah Ralph, it is 230 bucks Canadian.

At least I have my legend card backed up on my computer, but as for the other 30 gigs of save files from the past 2 1/2 years ... They're gone for good I guess. Fracking sucks.

Yeah, it sucks that you lose all your data (even with a backup you still lose some files 'cause they're copy protected). Same thing happened to me, but I was lucky to get my legend card back within 2 or 3 games since I only had to get a B+ to an A-.

Sure wish you could just swap out HDs from PS3s and have the data usable. Oh well.

*Edit* And ouch, 230 for a repair sucks. How much is a new Slim? $299 down here. Hope you get back up and running ASAP.

Just fix it you lazy donkey....... You could at least get all your files off and get your NHL disc out. If you get it repaired they only offer 30 day warranty so most likely it will have the same issue again down the road. The fix usually lasts 2 to 3 months. I haven't heard back from the single mom I sold mine to back in November...... :) Headn out to the beach!

Just fix it you lazy donkey....... You could at least get all your files off and get your NHL disc out. If you get it repaired they only offer 30 day warranty so most likely it will have the same issue again down the road. The fix usually lasts 2 to 3 months. I haven't heard back from the single mom I sold mine to back in November...... :) Headn out to the beach!

90 day warranty for mine. And when you send it in you'll likely get a different unit back anyway, so they've had time to work on it and fix the problems.

Archived