Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tank Hankerous

Everything u ever wanted to know about Alex Burrows

Great post!

OMG he shares a birthday with Trevor Linden!?!?!?! How cool is that. Another heart and soul Canuck!

Alex Burrows is STILL one of the most under rated guys in the NHL .

He is awesome and im so glad we have him for 3 more years. He should really get a raise . biggrin.gif

TWAS EH SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOOT

i had heard about how Burrows was a story of perseverance but never all the facts laid out like this before, thank you OP +1

Burrows is a true 'rags to riches' story...he went from making $500 a week and eating Subways to making it big in the NHL. He really is the definition of an underdog, and everyone loves an underdog who wins.

I think Burrows would be considered for the NHL most improved player award if they had one like the NBA. He should be considered for a Masterton...or maybe as a "Taxi Squader" on team Canada.

Burrows led the Moose in scoring at the time of his recall, with 30 points in 33 games, despite dealing with a broken nose.

is a broken nose really an injury u really have to battle lol

This is the best thread i've ever seen on here. And the ending was perfect.

Burrows is the sh1t. He's the man. That's all there is to it. His story is about as cinderalla as you can get without it being the screenplay for a movie. Going undrafted and making it to the nhl...ok, that's good. But there is so much more that makes it so unbelievable...Like all his hat tricks. His clutch play. the stories that have revolved around him. There is something magic about him.

Great read. Awesome facts about him being the MVP and winning Goal Scoring Titles in ball hockey.

Awesome read, I'll give you a +1 since I reached my limit. :P

Can't believe what he's been through. To have his name mentioned a few times about being invited to the Olympic Orientation Camp, awesome stuff!

• On November 10th 2002, the ECHL suspended Greenville Burrows for one game and teammate David Kaczowka for two games, fined them both undisclosed amounts, and fined their team $500, for their part in an altercation in a game against Louisiana. Burrows' incident included an altercation with a referee.

Great story worthy of a movie!

I'm wondering if there's a story behind his wearing number 14? If not, I propose that he change it to 11, which is available. Wouldn't it be a kick to see #11, 22, 33 get on the ice?! And instead of the 69 Line as somebody suggested, it could be the 66 or Marvelous Line, as in #66 Marvelous Mario Lemieux.

Great story worthy of a movie!

I'm wondering if there's a story behind his wearing number 14? If not, I propose that he change it to 11, which is available. Wouldn't it be a kick to see #11, 22, 33 get on the ice?! And instead of the 69 Line as somebody suggested, it could be the 66 or Marvelous Line, as in #66 Marvelous Mario Lemieux.

They should make his story into a movie, it would be a great hockey story. What would it be called? and who would play Alex?