Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b3.

The Hockey Card/Memorabilia Thread

Rate this topic:

397 posts in this topic

Have a Patrick Roy rookie card (and pretty much every Canadiens card up until he was traded to the AVs)

Recently found a Naslund rookie card.

Just getting back into Hockey Cards for the fall. I'm an exclusive Black Diamond collector and have complete sets for the last 2 years.

I collect Kesler, Hodgson, Subban mostly.

The key to actually making money with cards is patience. I believe Upper Deck Black Diamond is the real honey hole. I know its a high end intermediate card, but their popularity is off the charts.

Hodgson is one of the key Rookies in next years set (December 2011) and I cannot wait.

I have 3 Subban quad diamond rookies, 3 Kesler young gun rookies, and 2 of #/25 Hodgson ITG heroes and prospects with his auto and jersey swatch.

I'm not trying to come off as a douche, but spur some talk about the Black Diamond series. I could potentially help people fill sets if there are people trying to fill them.

Hockey Cards have been my passion since I was a paperboy 18 years ago.... the itch never left :)

Pulled an autographed Michael Sauer o'pee'chee card last week.........probably worth 5 bucks.

Looking for those sports card storage thingies. Damn shipping cost 30 bucks alone, box only cost 5 bucks.

Just getting back into Hockey Cards for the fall. I'm an exclusive Black Diamond collector and have complete sets for the last 2 years.

I collect Kesler, Hodgson, Subban mostly.

The key to actually making money with cards is patience. I believe Upper Deck Black Diamond is the real honey hole. I know its a high end intermediate card, but their popularity is off the charts.

Hodgson is one of the key Rookies in next years set (December 2011) and I cannot wait.

I have 3 Subban quad diamond rookies, 3 Kesler young gun rookies, and 2 of #/25 Hodgson ITG heroes and prospects with his auto and jersey swatch.

I'm not trying to come off as a douche, but spur some talk about the Black Diamond series. I could potentially help people fill sets if there are people trying to fill them.

Hockey Cards have been my passion since I was a paperboy 18 years ago.... the itch never left :)

Tell me more about the Black Diamond Series. I don't know anything about it.

Is it worth 90 bucks per box?

Edited by Rey

I got a box of Black Diamond once, beautiful cards.

Where do you buy them^ Places I see them are rip offs (small hobby shops who jack up prices)

Where do you buy them^ Places I see them are rip offs (small hobby shops who jack up prices)

Looking for those sports card storage thingies. Damn shipping cost 30 bucks alone, box only cost 5 bucks.

I got something similar to this (with fewer partitions) at Wal-Mart for $5. An option for you maybe?

18320-trading-card-case-by-plano_1_375.jpg

online card shops, and ebay, but mostly online card shops.

Woot. Second box of Heroes and Prospect 08 finally came and beats my first one.

First Box:

M-A Gragnani auto

Luca Caputi auto

Keaton Ellerby Jersey /100

Second Box:

Alex Pietrangelo auto

Brandan Mikkelson auto

P.K Subban Jersey /100

I REALLY want to pick up a pack of ultimate memorabilia 11...

basically just at the chance of getting this card:

Past,%20Present%20and%20Futurechk.jpg

lol. You pick up any thing lately?

Those Ultimates are what? 100 per pack? Damn >.<. Though, really nice hits.

A cody hodgson /24 for only 80 bucks on ebay.

http://www.ebay.ca/i...3#ht_500wt_1287

if only i wasn't so much of a cheap bastard.

Edit:

Well i guess it looks like garbage compared to this one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2010-11-2010-11-ITG-Cody-Hodgson-Ultimate-Memorabilia-06-24-/190583687747?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2c5fac4a43#ht_500wt_1287

Edited by Rey

lol. You pick up any thing lately?

Those Ultimates are what? 100 per pack? Damn >.<. Though, really nice hits.

A cody hodgson /24 for only 80 bucks on ebay.

http://www.ebay.ca/i...3#ht_500wt_1287

if only i wasn't so much of a cheap bastard.

Edit:

Well i guess it looks like garbage compared to this one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2010-11-2010-11-ITG-Cody-Hodgson-Ultimate-Memorabilia-06-24-/190583687747?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2c5fac4a43#ht_500wt_1287

lol, cody's prices have shot through the roof lately... man I wonder how much I could get for my collection, not like I'm going to sell it though. one of them is numbered out of 19 (patch and sig)

edit: lol, that 2nd one is one of the ones I have, except it's not the parallel version, meaning mine is even more expensive... NICE.

edit 2: oh, and no, i have not picked up anything lately, the 2011/12 cards havent really come out yet, though I'm contemplating a canada vs the world hobby box. only 9 cards but some damn nice hits in there.

Edited by avelanch

lol, cody's prices have shot through the roof lately... man I wonder how much I could get for my collection, not like I'm going to sell it though. one of them is numbered out of 19 (patch and sig)

edit: lol, that 2nd one is one of the ones I have, except it's not the parallel version, meaning mine is even more expensive... NICE.

nioce.

did you buy it as a single? or get it in a pack?

I think Hodgson's prices are still a bit low for a top prospect. It'll probably go up, as long as Hodgson puts up 30-40 points and show signs of potential.

Edited by Rey

nioce.

did you buy it as a single? or get it in a pack?

I think Hodgson's prices are still a bit low for a top prospect. It'll probably go up, as long as Hodgson puts up 30-40 points and show signs of potential.

my wife got it for me last christmas. she got it as a single for 40 something bucks.

Edited by avelanch

my wife got it for me last christmas. she got it for around 40 bucks or so.

nioce. double win.

bleh, i need to start getting some higher end stuff -.-

bleh, i need to start getting some higher end stuff -.-

higher end stuff results in a better investment of your money, but it hurts more to get those because you spend more but get less coming back (in hard goods, not total value).