Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b3.

The Hockey Card/Memorabilia Thread

Rate this topic:

397 posts in this topic

higher end stuff results in a better investment of your money, but it hurts more to get those because you spend more but get less coming back (in hard goods, not total value).

I dunno. When i get cards, i think of the fun factor of opening a pack and getting nostalgia from a decent pull. Its hard to think about cards as "investment" because, at the end of the day, I find myself keeping it all to myself and never think about selling it. I'm think of buying it, just because i have money to burn at the moment.

It's like why i don't bother to buy jerseys, btw - ebay is having a sale, with 60 dollar jerseys but the canuck ones are all gone. I don't plan on doing anything with it.

I bought a few of these for fun: http://www.ebay.ca/i...#ht_1082wt_1270

half of it came today, best thing was a frozen artifact jersey rick nash. everything else, meh, but its expected. oh well, only a dollar per pack.

Anyways. Ultimate hockey? It's like 100-150 per pack? You pull any of those before? if so, how'd that go?

Edited by Rey

I dunno. When i get cards, i think of the fun factor of opening a pack and getting nostalgia from a decent pull. Its hard to think about cards as "investment" because, at the end of the day, I find myself keeping it all to myself and never think about selling it. I'm think of buying it, just because i have money to burn at the moment.

It's like why i don't bother to buy jerseys, btw - ebay is having a sale, with 60 dollar jerseys but the canuck ones are all gone. I don't plan on doing anything with it.

I bought a few of these for fun: http://www.ebay.ca/i...#ht_1082wt_1270

half of it came today, best thing was a frozen artifact jersey rick nash. everything else, meh, but its expected. oh well, only a dollar per pack.

Anyways. Ultimate hockey? It's like 100-150 per pack? You pull any of those before? if so, how'd that go?

never, but i really want to. i just can't justify the price... but maybe in the future.

Best card I ever pulled was an Evgeni Malkin Rookie Gem Quad Diamond. Too bad I sold it :(

HI there I didn't know where to ask this so I figured I'd ask here. I have a jersey I'm selling for my Mom. It's a 2011 official signed (by the entire team) jersey. It was the one in the raffle for the children's hospital. I am trying to figure out a price for her and a the best venue to sell it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

HI there I didn't know where to ask this so I figured I'd ask here. I have a jersey I'm selling for my Mom. It's a 2011 official signed (by the entire team) jersey. It was the one in the raffle for the children's hospital. I am trying to figure out a price for her and a the best venue to sell it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ebay,

starting price: the price of the sweater brand new, it'll go up from there.

Haha, those Hodgson ITG cards on ebay were mine... I was seeing if anyone would bite. Now that I think about it I would've been crushed if they sold!!

I really like Black Diamond cards for a few reasons:

They are foil covered and easily damaged. Thats a good thing because some of these cards will get de-valued just by kids opening them, thus making the well kept ones more valuable. Ive damaged these cards slipping them into plastic sleeves! Lol why is that good?

Second is the appeal of collecting the 1-222 (or whatever) complete set.

In the pursuit of this, I usually buy 6 boxes ($85) tops then fill in the ones I don't pull with some savvy ebaying.

TIP for ebayers: The best deals can come from misspelling the players name or an other blunder.

Example, one of my Hodgson ITG cards which I'd say is $100 easy right now let alone the future was found by me actually misspelling Hodgson into HOGDSON. I searched the incorrect name and only one card came up.. got it for $9.99.

Again if anyone is into collecting the black diamond sets, I can certainly help... I've many 2,3,4 Diamond cards from 2008-09 to 2010-11.

Oh I forgot. My favorite set I have is the 1997-98 Black Diamond Triple GOLD set. with Luongo, Sedins. Got that from a guy liquidating his shop in NB.

EDIT 1 : This guy http://myworld.ebay....984.m1439.l2754 sometimes has unreal deals on black diamond hockey boxes... (not hobby boxes) but boxes with 6 packs of cards in them for as low as like $18 with shipping. I've gotten a lot off of him.

EDIT 2 : http://stores.ebay.ca/NORTH-OF-7?_trksid=p4340.l2563 This guy is Canadian, his shipping costs are unbeatable and you can usually haggle him down $3 on the hobby box prices. I've gotten most of my Black Diamond through him. Ends up being half of retail.

Edited by -CoHo-

Be very careful in your spelling and choice of words. Cram that title!!! Insert the top players names if you have the room. Last names.

Good luck!

just opened a box of Paninni certified, and had a hell of a break.

Ben Holmstrom Freshman Signatures - not numbered but hard auto'd

Joe Sakic Immortals - 58/500

David Booth Fabric of the Game - 216/399

Cory Schneider Fabric of the Game - 342/399

Ilya Kovalchuk Red Mirror - #'d 1/199 - collectors pay a premium for first and last issues, though I'll never quite understand why.

Joe Mullen Immortals Jersey - 2/49

Justin Faulk Prime Jersey Auto Rookie card - 11/25 (silver/white swatch) - was one of the 2 rookie d-men to attend the All star weekend this year.

The box average is 4 auto/memorabilia cards per box, and i got lucky with 5, and what a 5 they were. I'll probably put all of them, except for Sakic, Booth and Schneider, on ebay once I move into my new house this week.

I gotta say though, I'm pretty darn impressed by this set of cards, they actually look really good in person. I was kind of hesitant because they didn't look that great online, but the pictures do not do them justice. I'm glad I made the impulse buy on that box.

Edit: I also got a Bryzgalov masked men and an Adam Graves Eternals insert, neither are numbered.

Edited by avelanch

just opened an upper deck series one tin, got a RNH YG card, now I have to debate with myself to see if I should sell it now (they are going for 60+ right now) or hold onto it and see how his career goes...

I think I'm going to have it graded, as a 9.5 graded one is currently at $140.50... I don't think I can justify keeping it right now... I can always get a couple more boxes to see if I can get another one...

Edited by avelanch

just opened an upper deck series one tin, got a RNH YG card, now I have to debate with myself to see if I should sell it now (they are going for 60+ right now) or hold onto it and see how his career goes... I think I'm going to have it graded, as a 9.5 graded one is currently at $140.50... I don't think I can justify keeping it right now... I can always get a couple more boxes to see if I can get another one...

I have the same debate too, but about a Tyler Seguin Black Diamond rookie. For now, I think I'll keep it, but I dunno...

And since this is also a memorabilia thread (other than hockey cards), I got my hands on a McFarlane Series 30 Henrik Sedin. 178/500 :D

Not at home right now, so I'm trying to remember what I have. I collected pretty heavily from 1990-92.

O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie

O-Pee-Chee Gordie Howe Retires

O-Pee-Chee Yzerman rookie

O-Pee-Chee Roy rookie

All the O-Pee-Chee Premier rookies worth anything: Fedorov, Jagr etc.

Autographed cards from most of the 1991 Canucks, including a signed Linden rookie.

Two sets (High and Low) of 90/91 Upper Deck

Upper Deck Gretzky Promo card

Lots of Score and Pro Set crap

Any hockey nuts know the worth, not gonna sell it just wondering

Damn picture wont attach, its naslund hand signed

Damn picture wont attach, its naslund hand signed

we're gonna need the maker, year, and card number. but if it's not an autograph card, and just something you had him sign for you, it's going to be worth next to nothing unless you have the autograph verified from a respectable org, and that would probably cost more than the card is worth, to be honest.

So I just picked up myself a 3 color Auto'd Zack Kassian UD The Cup Rookie card. Beautiful card, I have a line on a 3 color Voracek too(the cup). I love the look of these cards and I am getting more and more tempted into buying a box of them or Pannini Dominion. Has anyone ever bought a box of these before?? I know there 400-450 and you only get 6 cards per box, just curious if anyone has cracked one and their impression of it.

Oh and I have boughten a couple boxes of 12-13 UD Artifacts, I'd strongly reccomend it. They are around 80-90 bucks at pastimes, each time I've pulled one card that covers the cost of the box the rest is gravy.

Ohh and if you have anyone has particular luck with a certain kind of box let me know. I don't really want to go older than 2010, just because all the redemption cards are expired by now, and that really sucks pulling an expired redemption card

Edited by pdc

Just got a richard brodeur 1980's jersey card for $2, yellow patch with some stiching on it