South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are going

to burn in hell.

The characters are likeable,and when there's nothing else to watch,

some of the Southpark episodes are tolerable. But most of the time,

it's hard to believe just how disgusting, vulgar, and filthy some people's

minds can actually be.

If the creators of Southpark were to be given an award for the affect

they have had on people's lives, I would go to the toilet, and scoop out

a big fresh smelly turd, and hand it to Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

They earned it.

On November 11, 1999 shortly after the U.S. theatrical release of South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, actress Mary Kay Bergman, who had provided all of the female voices on the South Park television series and in the full length movie, committed suicide using a gun in her Suburban Los Angeles, California home.

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Southpark

to burn in hell.

minds can actually be.

They earned it.

On November 11, 1999 shortly after the U.S. theatrical release of South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, actress Mary Kay Bergman, who had provided all of the female voices on the South Park television series and in the full length movie, committed suicide using a gun in her Suburban Los Angeles, California home.

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Southpark

Yes they use crude humor, many people find it funny. It is also smart humor as well. They hit many relevant topics, relative to current day life, shooting down some intolerable/annoying subjects/people on the way there. That is a genre of comedy, there is no getting by it. Toilet humor with a twist.

The suicide (RIP) doesn't mean anything really. Are you implying she was so distraught by her own voices/impact she had on peoples humor on a cartoon movie that she killed herself? It seems you are only considering one factor in a suicide, not a vary of possible ones.

I am not trying to flame you, I'm just giving a counter-point. South Park is a great show that uses relevant stupid humor to get their point across period.

to burn in hell.

minds can actually be.

They earned it.

south-park-emmy-bug.png

Luckily Randy beat you to it.

Seriously if a show offends you there's hundreds of other channels you could be watching. Sure, they use a lot of gross out humor in the show; but a lot of the plots in the show are very clever allegories for real world events.

Of course I can turn to another channel. People can watch whatever they

want - it doesn't bother me. I rarely watch Southpark, and if there's something

I don't like, I just turn it off.

It must be difficult to continually come up with new ideas for the show,

and to keep being creative, and often writers will substitute filth, for creativity,

because it's so much easier to produce filth. It doesn't take any brains.

So while people can watch whatever they want, it still goes into their subconscious,

and the 'power of suggestion' does affect people, especially younger people.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone, have an obligation, not to make millions of dollars,

but to do what they think is right. Some of their shows are okay. I'm sure they think

they are doing what's right, and that's fine. But Hollywood, in my opinion, is mostly

controlled by people who have low standards, and not a lot of brains, and making money

is their main priority - so they produce a lot of crap, that is meant to degrade the people

who watch it. To lower the people's standards. When the woman who did the voices for Southpark

comitted suicide, it was something for everyone to think about.

It's something to think about. You form your own opinion.

and to keep being creative, and often writers will substitute filth, for creativity,

So while people can watch whatever they want, it still goes into their subconscious,

Trey Parker and Matt Stone, have an obligation, not to make millions of dollars,

but to do what they think is right. Some of their shows are okay. I'm sure they think

they are doing what's right, and that's fine. But Hollywood, in my opinion, is mostly

controlled by people who have low standards, and not a lot of brains, and making money

is their main priority - so they produce a lot of crap, that is meant to degrade the people

who watch it. To lower the people's standards. When the woman who did the voices for Southpark

The show is a political satire for the most part, a fact that eludes most people. Yes, they use crude, over the top and offensive tactics, but that is their niche. No one would watch otherwise. The show is rated M (18+) in Canada and should be regarded as such.

It is no worse than some of the stuff coming out of the entertainment industry recently, and it does so in a light hearted manner.

It is always current, always relevant, and unlike most shows, is only getting better as it moves forward (unlike a certain show represented by your avatar).

Why do you keep on bringing up Mary Kay Bergman's suicide? Do you believe that because she was starring on a show as crude, vulgar and tasteless as South Park it ate away at her so she decided to kill herself?

Get off your high horse buddy. Who the hell are you to say they're going to burn in hell? Are you GOD? Nope. What they have done is create a CARTOON show, SPOOFING, many incidents/events/celebrities around the world.They make light of situations that are otherwise just stupid. Essentially your calling everybody who watches South Park stupid? It's weird though because many successful people MUCH MORE SUCCESSFUL THEN YOU...like George Clooney ( who buy the way is a huge advocate of human rights around the world) LOVES the show, is he evil? Is he a dumbass?

Who cares if they "degrade" people, the media does it every single day. Are all news reporters doomed to hell? Well gee if it doesn't take brain to produce a show so comically scripted why don't we all do it? Not only has it won many Emmy awards proving that it is respected among peers in the field, their movie recieved an Academy Award Nomination.

The ironic thing is that you have a picture of Ralph Wiggum as your display, one of the dumbest TV show characters of all time on one of the most popular HOLLYWOOD based cartoons that at times has been highly offensive what you call "dumb"

Archived