The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

South Park

ro0

Smartest fictional show on television. Period.

However, the last few seasons have been sliding downwards on the shock-and-funny scale. Let's be realistic here, after everything they've done is it really possible to keep maintaining the bar that episodes such as "Christmas Critters", "Best Friends Forever", and "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" [as well as dozens of others] have set?

Seasons 5-10 were homerun episodes, then it was half of them, then one or two... Now?

I'm having a drink to the second coming of a show that became successful based on many of the things we all laugh about with our friends. I may even make fun of someone, or a religion, while I drink it.

Actually, no question about it, I sold them short there. Seasons 11-13 had some damn good episodes.

So far this season though, aside from the funny vision of all the South Park men walking their balls in a wheelbarrow, or Tiger Woods video games, I haven't really laughed that much.

I think I just constantly expect them to top themselves because of my selfish need to want to laugh mockingly at [fake] people.

"Tom Cruise has Seamen on his back!"

"Jesus Christ!" "What?"

That sh!t never gets old.

I loved it. Season 13 is better than 14 so far but they have been going uphill since season 8/9 really. Trey mostly does all the script writing now while Stone works on the character creation etc. I think that might be a big part to their current rise in ratings etc.

I think people have raised their expectations to an unreasonable level with this show. I'm sick of all the whining about how sub par the episodes (apparently) are these days. I'm not saying they are old golden, but I have yet to see a truly bad episode this season. If the show is so bad or below average as many of you have said then don't watch it anymore. it's simple really

Archived