The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kellan Tochkin Talk

ilikecanucks

• 2 months later...

Question - I was on capgeek the other day because I was curious about the contracts of a few of our prospects and I clicked on Kellan's name (accidentally, but that's not important). I read there that the three year deal he signed was bumped one year due to the fact that he was in the CHL. Thing is though, it said that for the last two seasons. I was under the impression that it could only happen once. Was I wrong?

Question - I was on capgeek the other day because I was curious about the contracts of a few of our prospects and I clicked on Kellan's name (accidentally, but that's not important). I read there that the three year deal he signed was bumped one year due to the fact that he was in the CHL. Thing is though, it said that for the last two seasons. I was under the impression that it could only happen once. Was I wrong?

• 1 year later...

Update on this forgotten fellow! Played in the CHL with the Missouri Mavericks, whose regular season finished today. Tochkin went 15-29-44 overall in 56 games... playoffs start Friday.

Doesn't look promising for Tochkin, really. The only possible glimmer of hope you could identify is that the farm team could be moved out of Chicago next year, meaning the Canucks would have more freedom to fill their roster with their own prospects (as opposed to the Wolves, which use a lot of AHL-only players, leaving little room for our prospects). Since Tochkin still has a year left on his ELC, I suppose we'll see what he can do with what'll probably be his last kick at the can...

• 3 weeks later...

I know people probably don't care, but Tochkin has been coming up huge in the playoffs so far for the Missouri Mavericks. The team clinched their first round series 4-2 tonight after being down 2-0. Tochkin had 2 goals, 2 assists and was +4 in the deciding game tonight, had the OT winner in Game 3, and went 5-4-9 overall in 5 games (he missed the first one). I really hope he gets a shot in the AHL next season despite his size, he plays big and he's been clutch for the Mavs so far.

http://youtu.be/EBvS0qXdNuI?t=1m57s

Also, the commentary on his OT winner was pretty hilarious/awful.

I know people probably don't care, but Tochkin has been coming up huge in the playoffs so far for the Missouri Mavericks. The team clinched their first round series 4-2 tonight after being down 2-0. Tochkin had 2 goals, 2 assists and was +4 in the deciding game tonight, had the OT winner in Game 3, and went 5-4-9 overall in 5 games (he missed the first one). I really hope he gets a shot in the AHL next season despite his size, he plays big and he's been clutch for the Mavs so far.

http://youtu.be/EBvS0qXdNuI?t=1m57s

Also, the commentary on his OT winner was pretty hilarious/awful.

Thanks for the updates stonecoldstevebernier! Nice to see him leading his team in playoff scoring while being the youngest player on the team.

From what I've heard the ECHL is slightly above the CHL in terms of quality, so let's see how he does next year if he's sent there. If he's any good he'll show well enough in the E to get a look in the AHL.

• 2 months later...

Archived