90 replies to this topic

#61 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,532 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

He's just getting assists, in his three games so far with Prince Albert he has two assists. Hopefully he can start burying some pretty soon here.
Posted Image

#62 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Update:

@gdrinnan
Gregg Drinnan
PA Raiders F Kellan Tochkin, 20, breaks wrist. Out up to 5 months, so WHL career is over.

RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#63 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

crappy.

#64 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Question - I was on capgeek the other day because I was curious about the contracts of a few of our prospects and I clicked on Kellan's name (accidentally, but that's not important). I read there that the three year deal he signed was bumped one year due to the fact that he was in the CHL. Thing is though, it said that for the last two seasons. I was under the impression that it could only happen once. Was I wrong?
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#65 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

Question - I was on capgeek the other day because I was curious about the contracts of a few of our prospects and I clicked on Kellan's name (accidentally, but that's not important). I read there that the three year deal he signed was bumped one year due to the fact that he was in the CHL. Thing is though, it said that for the last two seasons. I was under the impression that it could only happen once. Was I wrong?

yup, you were wrong, it can happen until he turns 20 by december 31st of that season. seeing as all players need to be 18 by september (9th i think) to be draft eligible this can happen up to 2 times (if signed in their draft year).

#66 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

Not impressed whatsoever. This is Dan Gendur V.2.
Posted Image

#67 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

yup, you were wrong, it can happen until he turns 20 by december 31st of that season. seeing as all players need to be 18 by september (9th i think) to be draft eligible this can happen up to 2 times (if signed in their draft year).

Thank you, sir.
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#68 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thank you, sir.

no problemo.

#69 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Not impressed whatsoever. This is Dan Gendur V.2.

He hasn't even played a single professional game.
Posted Image

#70 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Update on this forgotten fellow! Played in the CHL with the Missouri Mavericks, whose regular season finished today. Tochkin went 15-29-44 overall in 56 games... playoffs start Friday.

Doesn't look promising for Tochkin, really. The only possible glimmer of hope you could identify is that the farm team could be moved out of Chicago next year, meaning the Canucks would have more freedom to fill their roster with their own prospects (as opposed to the Wolves, which use a lot of AHL-only players, leaving little room for our prospects). Since Tochkin still has a year left on his ELC, I suppose we'll see what he can do with what'll probably be his last kick at the can...

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#71 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

I know people probably don't care, but Tochkin has been coming up huge in the playoffs so far for the Missouri Mavericks. The team clinched their first round series 4-2 tonight after being down 2-0. Tochkin had 2 goals, 2 assists and was +4 in the deciding game tonight, had the OT winner in Game 3, and went 5-4-9 overall in 5 games (he missed the first one). I really hope he gets a shot in the AHL next season despite his size, he plays big and he's been clutch for the Mavs so far.

http://youtu.be/EBvS0qXdNuI?t=1m57s

Also, the commentary on his OT winner was pretty hilarious/awful.

Edited by stonecoldstevebernier, 10 April 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

#72 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

I know people probably don't care, but Tochkin has been coming up huge in the playoffs so far for the Missouri Mavericks. The team clinched their first round series 4-2 tonight after being down 2-0. Tochkin had 2 goals, 2 assists and was +4 in the deciding game tonight, had the OT winner in Game 3, and went 5-4-9 overall in 5 games (he missed the first one). I really hope he gets a shot in the AHL next season despite his size, he plays big and he's been clutch for the Mavs so far.

http://youtu.be/EBvS0qXdNuI?t=1m57s

Also, the commentary on his OT winner was pretty hilarious/awful.

Wow... 9 pts in 5 games... pretty good for a prospect that no one seems to think will make it. At least it shows that our prospects have at least some sort of skill that our scouts noted I guess.... <_<

#73 Fred65

Fred65

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Because or if the Canucks play out of Pretoria next season does not mean they will not have olderAHL career players. You want your propsects to play in a winning enviroment

#74 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

Update: an extra assist was given to Tochkin from Wednesday's win, meaning that he factored in on all 5 goals in the deciding game and now leads the CHL playoffs in scoring with 5-5-10 in 5 games. Game 1 vs. the Allen Americans goes on Sunday.

Posted Image

#75 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Tochkin had a goal and an assist and was +1 in today's 5-1 win vs. the Allen Americans, and Missouri leads the CHL semifinals 1-0. Tochkin's still on top of the playoff scoring race with 6-6-12 in 6 games so far.

Posted Image

#76 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Maybe he'll crack that Kalamazoo roster next year!

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#77 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Mavericks come back from a 3-1 series deficit to tie it up 3-3 with a 6-2 win over Allen tonight. Tochkin had an assist and was +1 in the win, and remains the leading playoff scorer with 7-8-15 in 11 games.

Maybe he'll crack that Kalamazoo roster next year!

He should be in the AHL this year, but the Wolves assigned him to Missouri. The CHL and the ECHL aren't that different from each other... he's shown he can excel at this level, and hopefully with the new affiliation next year we'll see him in the AHL. (Doesn't mean he ever makes the Canucks though, that's highly unlikely.)

Posted Image

#78 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Tochkin and the Mavs have been eliminated in Game 7 by Allen, 7-3. Tochkin had a goal and an assist in the loss, and finishes the playoffs with 8-9-17 in 12 games, currently the playoff leader in points at the time of elimination.

Posted Image

#79 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

Thanks for the updates stonecoldstevebernier! Nice to see him leading his team in playoff scoring while being the youngest player on the team.

From what I've heard the ECHL is slightly above the CHL in terms of quality, so let's see how he does next year if he's sent there. If he's any good he'll show well enough in the E to get a look in the AHL.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#80 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,906 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

uh oh, trouble in paradise...

Posted ImageKellan Tochkin@toch16
Girls if you want a fairy tale relationship move to gd Disneyland! #geeze

Edited by avelanch, 23 July 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#81 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

uh oh, trouble in paradise...

[/size][/font][/color]

hopefully he isn't running around with some Missouri girls... they are bad news hahah

#82 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Goodbye, and good luck Tochkin.

#83 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Kellan Tochkin@toch16 2h
As Ricky Bobby would say, thank you, sweet 6 pound 7 ounce baby Jesus #freshstart

Sounds like someone's happy to be out of here. Wish him the best regardless.

Posted Image

#84 UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

For some reason Tochkin had fallen out of favor with Vancouver. I believe he was the only player under contract with the Canucks that did not receive an invite to training camp rather reported directly to the Comets camp instead. He was likely ECHL bound before the trade so maybe this will be a good start over for him.

#85 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,387 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Kellan Tochkin@toch16 2h
As Ricky Bobby would say, thank you, sweet 6 pound 7 ounce baby Jesus #freshstart

Sounds like someone's happy to be out of here. Wish him the best regardless.

Kellan Tochkin is an idiot on twitter....hashtag wontplaynhlhockeyever

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#86 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Kellan Tochkin is an idiot on twitter....hashtag wontplaynhlhockeyever

Well, it must suck to be a player within an organization where you're not even ECHL caliber.

Good riddance!

Posted Image

#87 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,692 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

If Dalpe turns out to be a regular NHL'er we could be praising Gillis for ages for this one.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#88 UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

Tochkin was a throw away in this trade. What Vancouver really traded was the 4th round draft choice while Carolina dumped salary.... Particularly with Welsh where he will be making $1M a year to play in Utica. Capgeek shows him on a $1M one way contract. If Dalpe stays in Vancouver it could be a good trade.

Edited by UticaHockey, 29 September 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#89 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Tochkin was a throw away in this trade. What Vancouver really traded was the 4th round draft choice while Carolina dumped salary.... Particularly with Welsh where he will be making $1M a year to play in Utica. Capgeek shows him on a $1M one way contract. If Dalpe stays in Vancouver it could be a good trade.

People are talking about Welsh like his cap hit is 1M but that's just his salary. He is on a two year deal, with an AAV of 850K. Eriksson is making more (although Welsh is obviously overpaid). Now what's confusing to me is that the first year of his contract was two-way (105K/700K) and his 2nd year is one way (1M). Can someone clear up how his cap hit gets calculated if he's left in the AHL? (I assume it would be significantly less unless there's a rule relating to age/number of games played that affects cap hit.)

In the end we get an AHL player and a probable roster player for a bit of salary, a 4th and a throwaway player who wouldn't have done much in the AHL. Where's the downside for us exactly?

#90 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

People are talking about Welsh like his cap hit is 1M but that's just his salary. He is on a two year deal, with an AAV of 850K. Eriksson is making more (although Welsh is obviously overpaid). Now what's confusing to me is that the first year of his contract was two-way (105K/700K) and his 2nd year is one way (1M). Can someone clear up how his cap hit gets calculated if he's left in the AHL? (I assume it would be significantly less unless there's a rule relating to age/number of games played that affects cap hit.)

In the end we get an AHL player and a probable roster player for a bit of salary, a 4th and a throwaway player who wouldn't have done much in the AHL. Where's the downside for us exactly?

Well, the 4th could turn into a decent bottom six player and Dalpe might just be a AHLer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.