The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking Bad

G.K. Chesterton

Just watched the season premiere a few hours ago. I think it'll be an interesting season, especially the situation with Walt's family and those two gangsters. I only started watching it about two-thirds of the way through season 2 so I don't know all the details. It's still one of my favourie dramas on TV. I'm borrowing the first season from the library.

Anyone else watching?

Soooo excited for this season. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat like no other.

Those 2 mexicans should make it pretty interesting... we probably won't find out what they're up to for about 2-3 more episodes though :frantic:

So far a terrific start to the season!

I've been counting down the weeks waiting for this!

Awesome premier. They set the table well for this season. The two bald guys are intriguing. Obviously they are elite level members of the Mexican Cartel. I wonder if the Heisenberg picture they pinned up at the temple was a tribute, or a curse.

It will be great to see a full season of this. The first season was cut short because of the writers strike, and the second season was rushed because they had to wrap up the loose ends from season 1.

Easily the best show on TV in recent years.

Finally!

And it was directed by Cranston!

This is going to be some excellent TV.....hopefully we will get more episodes than in the past.

I like that they are bringing in Mexican drug gang heavies to the story...i was wondering if they would finally get pissed about their territory being taken over.

I would guess that Hank will be heavily involved this season.

There is a 4 minute preview on the AMC site for the next episode...its quite funny.

Suuuuch a good start to Season 3. Too bad Skyler wouldn't let Walt finish talking. She asssumes the worst right away and has no idea what he's gone through to provide for his family, illegal or not!

And yah, the two Mexicans look crazy. Solid SOLID episode!!

I wonder when we will actually find out about the Mexican guys. Last year they kept showing the eye floating in the pool, but you never knew what it was from until the last episode with the plane crash.

That's the thing I love and hate about this show... i just want to figure out everything right away, but when it finally comes together in the end it just feels right. It's such a clever show like that.

Awesome premier. They set the table well for this season. The two bald guys are intriguing. Obviously they are elite level members of the Mexican Cartel. I wonder if the Heisenberg picture they pinned up at the temple was a tribute, or a curse.

Good observation. I never thought about the curse aspect, although it seems to make complete sense. I figured it was more of a worship. Any idea as to why the town was crawling towards the site?

This show is brilliant with it's subtleties. There's so much happening all the time, it's really hard to keep up. I remember reading some reviews/insights about last season, and I learned so much about small hints and clues they were giving away during each episode (hardly any of which I caught on to :frantic: )... it made me want to watch the entire season all over again. Even the episode titles were hints about how the season was going to end.

Looks like Walt will have to go to work for Gus now.

He was lucky Saul's henchman was there to see the hitmen show up.

That opening segment was great, I thought he was going to tell Hank what he's been doing when they were leaving the Police Station.

One complaint... the show needs more bald people! I mean, only like 50% of the prominent characters are bald this year.;)

Great show, but I find it so tense to watch. It's not so much enjoyment that keeps me watching as it is having to know what will happen....because Jesse and Walt are the worst drug dealers ever! They've really moved away from the early portions of the show that relate more directly to the title...I'd like to see Walt do a little less wimpering and recapture some of the strength in the character from the first season.

really? i think Breaking Bad is in class of its own. and i'd put it and Sons of Anarchy both way ahead of Dexter.

I really do. Dexter is easily the best written in my mind. Last season was fantastic. The third season dipped a tiny bit. But I have yet to see any show that even comes close to touching season one and season 4. Son's of Anarchy is great but it's a blatant rip off of the soprano's. Breaking Bad is Fantastic. But they don't know how to write a season. They leave too many threads open and don't know where the show is actually supposed to go yet. It's as if they are writing the show as they go. The real magic of Dexter is that if they said ok that is the last season. They make it its own capsule. You feel quite satisfied as they have managed to tie the season up in a nice bow. There is another show that managed to do this as well and that is Sleeper Cell first season.

Archived