The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking Bad

G.K. Chesterton

He went to go get the ricin, for Hank? Jesse? That woman?

Probably for Jesse/ I don't know why, but the show has been so heavy on symbolism. The ricin was originally in a cigarette, now it isn't. But the last two times we saw Jesse, they focused on his cigarette. In the last episode last year, Jesse had fallen asleep with a lit cig and was burning a hole in his couch - then Walt shows up. Today, Jesse gets fed up in Saul's waiting room and lights one up, only to have Huell (who was the one to steal the ricin cig) stare at him angrily.

The ricin is for Jesse, I'm pretty sure, whether Walt succeeds is another story.

Probably for Jesse/ I don't know why, but the show has been so heavy on symbolism. The ricin was originally in a cigarette, now it isn't. But the last two times we saw Jesse, they focused on his cigarette. In the last episode last year, Jesse had fallen asleep with a lit cig and was burning a hole in his couch - then Walt shows up. Today, Jesse gets fed up in Saul's waiting room and lights one up, only to have Huell (who was the one to steal the ricin cig) stare at him angrily.

The ricin is for Jesse, I'm pretty sure, whether Walt succeeds is another story.

Jesse was smoking joint in the waiting room. I'm not sure if its meant for him I would more think it was for Hank, Lydia, or Skyler/Flynn. It sure is gonna be fun to watch though. I wonder how the house gets all torn up. And who writes heisenberg in big yellow letters in the house???

Yeah it was a joint, regardless the focus of that scene was Huell looking at the pack, and that was the point imo.

I think HEISENBERG was written on the walls from someone tipped off by Hank. He'll be forced to 'break bad' and go outside the law to save his family from Walt.

Very cool observation. Could totally buy that. Would make sense since the whole Ricin with the little kid that was Jesses girlfriends, Jesses cigarette and trying to poison Tuco with Jesse using Ricin (right?).

I can see Jesse going even more crazy in the next couple of episodes and drawing attention from Walt and others.

In the final scene, I found Walt's transformation in the conversation into Heisenberg fascinating.

All of the time he is appealing to Hank using his Walt persona until Hank tries to get his family away from him. When Walt replies, "That's not going to happen" he fully shows Hank Heisenberg and all pretense disappears. The look in Hank's eyes is phenomenal.

I had to watch that scene again just to see the interplay between the characters as the truth comes out and Hank suddenly realizes how dangerous Walt is. He's never been afraid of him in his life before but he is now. Great scene.

/ Plus, it should be interesting to see what Hank does since all he has is circumstantial evidence and Walt is currently 'out.'

/ Plus, it should be interesting to see what Hank does since all he has is circumstantial evidence and Walt is currently 'out.'

He's going to go after Pinkman and try to flip him. It won't be too hard considering he's already subconsciously trying to get caught by throwing his drug money all over the place. He already knows Walt killed Mike. If he finds out he had something to do with Brock's poisoning and/or Jane's death, that will be pretty much all he needs to turn on Walt. Heisenberg is going to end up having to kill Jesse.

Earlier on in one of the episodes, Jesse says that he's going to "give up the great Heisenberg" if he ever gets caught. He also tells his parents that he's working with the DEA when they're talking to him about some DEA agent (Hank) coming to visit them.

He's going to go after Pinkman and try to flip him. It won't be too hard considering he's already subconsciously trying to get caught by throwing his drug money all over the place. He already knows Walt killed Mike. If he finds out he had something to do with Brock's poisoning and/or Jane's death, that will be pretty much all he needs to turn on Walt. Heisenberg is going to end up having to kill Jesse.

Earlier on in one of the episodes, Jesse says that he's going to "give up the great Heisenberg" if he ever gets caught. He also tells his parents that he's working with the DEA when they're talking to him about some DEA agent (Hank) coming to visit them.

It really does beg the question, "What does Jesse have to live for now?" He has no more joy in life.

Archived