The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking Bad

G.K. Chesterton

I don't know what's going on with the show writers but they really need to take a good look in the mirror and get their acts together. The show is turning into a soap opera and it's losing it's appeal. Hopefully they turn this around.

I don't know what's going on with the show writers but they really need to take a good look in the mirror and get their acts together. The show is turning into a soap opera and it's losing it's appeal. Hopefully they turn this around.

Couldn't disagree more. IMO, this has been the best start to a season yet. So many "what the hell's gonna happen next"'s.

Soap opera.... come on, dude. I know you like to be the outsider but this is so off-base.

Couldn't disagree more. IMO, this has been the best start to a season yet. So many "what the hell's gonna happen next"'s.

Soap opera.... come on, dude. I know you like to be the outsider but this is so off-base.

I really loved the show up until this season. Now it's turning into a complete bore fest. There isn't one "what the hell is gonna happen next" that has any drawing power for me. The whole family part of the show is becoming the show. I don't watch breaking bad for the family aspect of the show. I watch it because of the premise of a chemistry teacher who is a Meth producer. And the soap opera part is not off base. It's exactly on base.

I really loved the show up until this season. Now it's turning into a complete bore fest. There isn't one "what the hell is gonna happen next" that has any drawing power for me. The whole family part of the show is becoming the show. I don't watch breaking bad for the family aspect of the show. I watch it because of the premise of a chemistry teacher who is a Meth producer. And the soap opera part is not off base. It's exactly on base.

The family dynamic has always been important. That was his motivation for every bad thing he has done.

Now that the family is imploding, he is gearing up for his biggest meltdown ever, and he is going to take his evil side to a whole new level.

I like the fact that they are taking time developing the storyline, instead of rushing into it. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

walt's family has always been an important part of the show. its the whole reason he started cooking meth in the first place. without his family, this show wouldnt exist.

the premise of this show goes deeper than just a chem teacher selling meth. its about a the decisions walt makes and how they affect the people around him. the writers have done a great job of showing how walts decision to start cooking has had a negative impact on so many people.

i really dont know how you can call this show a soap opera. you dont seem to be very good at understanding good television.

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike any other show, Breaking Bad does an excellent job of not romanticizing drug dealing. I also find that the only character I consistently like is Hank.

It has been interesting to watch Walt go from manufacturing meth purely for his family, to actually caring about his 'product' and getting so upset when Jesse was selling it. I find it great that I enjoy this show so much, despite not having much empathy for the protagonist. As a person, I really don't care for Walt. I don't like Skylar either, and while I find myself rooting for Jesse, he just screws up over and over again. Yet I love the show. Go figure.

Unlike any other show, Breaking Bad does an excellent job of not romanticizing drug dealing. I also find that the only character I consistently like is Hank. It has been interesting to watch Hank go from manufacturing meth purely for his family, to actually caring about his 'product' and getting so upset when Jesse was selling it.

I find it great that I enjoy this show so much, despite not having much empathy for the protagonist. As a person, I really don't care for Walt. I don't like Skylar either, and while I find myself rooting for Jesse, he just screws up over and over again. Yet I love the show. Go figure.

You mean Walter? Hank is the DEA agent and Walters brother in-law.

No I meant Hank, I just didn't organize my thoughts very well. I don't really like Walter.

ahh okay.. I like hank too because of his humorous personality especially in his line of work, it helps ease everyone at work. :D

Intense episode.

Does anyone recall the scene were Skylar came to Walt and asked him to help out Hank by informing on Jesse? Remember how she said "I'm not asking you.."? Does anyone think this meant, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. IE/ Help out Hank or I am going to the police. Maybe a bit far fetched but I just found it interesting that she kept repeating that phrase.

What I thought was interesting was the beginning. I think that it's safe to assume that the man the Cousins' father was talking about on the phone was Gus. But they mentioned "Big Generalissimo". I was wondering if maybe that's how Gus began his criminal empire. Maybe he was a high-ranking military officer in South America?

Archived