990 replies to this topic

#91 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

I don't know what I'm nore excited for this weekend.... England/USA, going to UFC 115, or BB finale.

I think the latter.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#92 Razorghost

Razorghost

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

If you wanna little taste of whats to come, on the AMC website they have a 4 minute sneak peak clip of the finale. :) Of course it doesn't give much away other than where Walt went after taking care of the 2 meth dealers.
Posted Image

#93 Razorghost

Razorghost

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:06 AM

I just heard that the 4th season will more than likely be the last?? wtf??

I understand not wanting a series to overstay it's welcome but ffs a series as hot as this could easily go 6-8 seasons why stop at 4?? F**k this if this is true!

The Sopranos went 6 seasons as did Lost hell back in the day even the show Vince Gilligan(Creator of Breaking Bad) used to write for, X files went 9 seasons.

This show HAS to have at least 6 seasons in it!
Posted Image

#94 Linden_The_Reason

Linden_The_Reason

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:22 AM

I guess Walt Jr. won't be using that car for his test...

Best ending ever, can't wait for finale !!
"He'll play. You bet he'll play. He'll play on crutches. And he'll play, on Tuesday night, at Madison Square Garden."

"How does he do it? How does this great player, in Canuck's history, need to be able to always elevate his game, when it's need the most!"

|Linden was the Reason|Linden is the Reason|

|Linden will always be the Reason|
credit to TM22 for the sig

"Trevor Linden, on the deflection, WHO ELSE!"

"Trevor Linden. Game 7. The guys unbelievable, listen to this place!"

#95 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

If you wanna little taste of whats to come, on the AMC website they have a 4 minute sneak peak clip of the finale. :) Of course it doesn't give much away other than where Walt went after taking care of the 2 meth dealers.

Im so stoked.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#96 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Cant decide if I should watch it tonight on regular tv or wait until tomorrow to watch it on HD. Also True Blood starts today.
Posted Image

#97 Razorghost

Razorghost

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

Cant decide if I should watch it tonight on regular tv or wait until tomorrow to watch it on HD. Also True Blood starts today.

How in the hell could you possibly wait till tomorrow?? :shock:

This is one show where I don't mind putting up with commercials.
Posted Image

#98 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

How in the hell could you possibly wait till tomorrow?? :shock:

This is one show where I don't mind putting up with commercials.

Ive actually waited until Monday for every episode this year so far. So its kind of the show is on Monday for me. I also completely avoid this thread on Sunday Nights.
Posted Image

#99 Razorghost

Razorghost

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

Why the hell did AMC say the Breaking Bad season finale would be 90 min? then go and show a 40 min sneak peak of a show that's not even premiering till Aug? and since when is a sneak peak 40 min anyway??

I understand them wanting to get some interest in their new show coming up but you don't tell fans the BB season premiere is 90 min when in fact it was only an hour then shove this stupid show down our throats, that's not the way to do it and because of that I'm not ever going to watch that rubicon show.
Posted Image

#100 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

^^^^

Yah, I was really confused there. It said Breaking Bad from 7:00 - 8:47 on my Shaw PVR. So when the real ending happened I was like, jesus. This is going to be the most amazing season finale ever. But that scene actually WAS the ending. Regardless, an amzing end to an amazing season.

But really.... wtf was that time crap all about?

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#101 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,038 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

Man, I missed "Rubicon", I wanted to watch it, it sounds interesting.In a way I was a little underwhelmed by the ending but boy, was it great when Walt told Jesse he had to kill Gail.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#102 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,038 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

I just heard that the 4th season will more than likely be the last?? wtf??

I understand not wanting a series to overstay it's welcome but ffs a series as hot as this could easily go 6-8 seasons why stop at 4?? F**k this if this is true!

The Sopranos went 6 seasons as did Lost hell back in the day even the show Vince Gilligan(Creator of Breaking Bad) used to write for, X files went 9 seasons.

This show HAS to have at least 6 seasons in it!

Where did you hear this exactly?

I can see them stretching "Breaking Bad" a lot longer than 4 seasons. I mean, it's not like the seasons are 20+ episodes long like most shows on NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, etc...I think it'd be interesting if Walt sets up his own criminal empire. He has the money to establish his own meth lab and maybe he can hire Mike.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#103 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:16 AM

Just finished watching the series and man, those last two episodes (half/full measures) were intense. This show is great on so many levels, and the detail is astonishing. For example, you could wonder why Gus would care about two idiot drug dealers being killed when Walt is creating something that will make him close to $100 million. But if you remember back in the second (?) season when Walt told Jessie to get revenge on the junkies that stole from Skinny so it wouldn't show 'weakness', Gus had to do the same thing, because as the Fixer found out, 'the cartel was looking for weaknesses'. So if he let Walt go unpunished, it would mean you could defy direct orders from him and get away. Brilliant :)

Up next is Dexter. I've never seen an episode before, I always thought it was a CSI-esque series and I don't like those, but I heard its not and just as good of a drama. Hopefully it's as enjoyable as BB.

#104 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

Another full year before the next season of Breaking Bad. What a disappointment.

http://www.movieweb..../NEdTtV8tVTghhf

Edited by Harbinger, 08 August 2010 - 10:53 AM.

Posted Image

#105 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

It's finally here, less than 24 hours!
Posted Image

#106 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

This show is just so god damn intense!

CDC is lucky to have such brilliant scouts:

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#107 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Woooo can't wait, great show.

Posted Image

#108 Corby

Corby

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

I've watched all of season two and season three except for the final two episodes.

I was disappointed when I missed the 'Phoenix' episode which came after 'ABQ' and before the finale of season two I believe. I don't know if AMC simply didn't show it or I somehow missed recording it.

#109 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,547 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

I've heard great things about this show and want to watch it. Any way of watching it online?

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

cookie.png

#110 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

I've heard great things about this show and want to watch it. Any way of watching it online?

You can watch basically any show online by just googling "watch _________ online". One of the links on the first page will definitely have it.

I would suggest "obtaining" the show, though. Stream visual quality is never great, plus you get the convenience playing it/skipping without it having to load.

I only watch sitcoms and the like via online stream because good visual quality isn't really necessary for those types of shows.

Edited by kanucks25, 17 July 2011 - 02:12 PM.

Posted Image

#111 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

omfg. I missed it :(

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#112 Corby

Corby

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

I sure as hell didn't see Gus pulling that move.

#113 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

omfg. I missed it :(

they're showing an encore right now!
Posted Image

#114 ROBORAT

ROBORAT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

Great season premiere. I love how it keeps getting better.....and darker.

Posted Image

#115 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

It was a great episode as always. As you can tell by my name I love the show :D but from here on it will be interesting to see if Walt tries to take out Gus before Gus decides it's time to take him out. Just so many things going on, great characters and I'm always afraid for them.

#116 Corby

Corby

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

It was a great episode as always. As you can tell by my name I love the show :D but from here on it will be interesting to see if Walt tries to take out Gus before Gus decides it's time to take him out. Just so many things going on, great characters and I'm always afraid for them.

I think it will be a mistake cutting off Victors head with a razor blade.

Seemed like a loyal foot soldier that was unnecessarily eliminated

#117 infamous1

infamous1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

he was seen at the crime scene, im thinking that's why gus took him out.

#118 Corby

Corby

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

he was seen at the crime scene, im thinking that's why gus took him out.

I also thought that. But you can argue he was just a looky loo as he claimed. But then again Gus is also 'very professional' for his business and cuts off all loose ends that can bring him down.

I think it was more of a scare tactic. Isn't that what Jesse was getting at in the restaurant about 'being on the same plan'?

#119 masutheakita

masutheakita

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

While his elimination was not totally unnecessary, this season will have a Walt vs Gus storyline and Victor would have been valuable for Gus.

#120 Bohica

Bohica

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

<br />I also thought that. But you can argue he was just a looky loo as he claimed. But then again Gus is also 'very professional' for his business and cuts off all loose ends that can bring him down. <br /><br />I think it was more of a scare tactic. Isn't that what Jesse was getting at in the restaurant about 'being on the same plan'?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I think you're right. The quote from Jesse was something like "If he can't kill ya, he's sure as hell gonna make you wish you were dead". It accomplished 2 things; eliminating a possible (albeit slim) link back to him for Gail's murder and it puts the fear of god into Walt and Jesse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.