The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Red Dead Redemption

This game looks truly amazing. I quite pleased that we finally get to see a different type of game from Rockstar besides the GTA series. I love the whole idea of being able to play as a hero or an outlaw as well. It seems that the player is given quite a bit of freedom and many choices that have different results. I remember reading a preview where the writer was playing the game when he heard a lady screaming from a house. He went to investigate and killed all the bad guys. Thinking everything was okay, he opened the door to let the lady out, but didn't realize that there was a guy with a gun right beside her. Since he was not able to react fast enough, the guy killed her.

I have a Rogers Video down the street from me. I pre-ordered it and I went and saw it today. It is sitting there with my name on it.. attached by sticky note. But I couldn't convince the girl to give it to me :( If only I was single- maybe I could have asked her out and then got it early... :D

Anyone know of any trade in deals anywhere? I don't really have the cash to buy a game right now, but I got a few I could trade in. Uncharted 2, God of War 3( it would be awesome for a keepsake, but Ill never play it again..I always keep games but never touch them again ), Killzone 2, MGS4, etc. ?

I know Rogers had a deal for God of War 3, that's how I got that.

Anyone know of any trade in deals anywhere? I don't really have the cash to buy a game right now, but I got a few I could trade in. Uncharted 2, God of War 3( it would be awesome for a keepsake, but Ill never play it again..I always keep games but never touch them again ), Killzone 2, MGS4, etc. ?

I know Rogers had a deal for God of War 3, that's how I got that.

Been playing it for the past 2 days. Absolutely friggin awesome. You'll notice a lot of the same mechanics as GTA 4 (such as player movement, wagons=taxi, aiming assist, saving fastforwarding time etc) but there are a lot of unique elements in it too that will make the game very enjoyable. And as always, Rockstar appears to have done a remarkable job with the voice acting and character/plot development. Many unique characters you will meet and do missions for, and they're either creepers or have that wild west touch to them.

Bought this at 10 and have to stop now, need to go out for a bit :D

Can someone explain how to catch a bounty alive? I know you're supposed to shoot them in the leg, but when I walk over, they just start shooting me. I want to try and catch some alive for more money.

Also. I played some poker. It mentioned something about being able to cheat, but the message disappeared before I could fully read it. Does someone know how to?

Can someone explain how to catch a bounty alive? I know you're supposed to shoot them in the leg, but when I walk over, they just start shooting me. I want to try and catch some alive for more money.

Also. I played some poker. It mentioned something about being able to cheat, but the message disappeared before I could fully read it. Does someone know how to?

Archived