692 replies to this topic

#1 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

In an effort to streamline things a little, I've seperated the bug and feedback threads. If you're having technical issues with the forums, please post here with a fairly detailed explanation of the problem, a screenshot if possible, and the following information:

Browser used(Firefox, IE etc.):
Forum skin used:

If your issue can't be solved easily here it will be forward to IPB staff.

Thanks,
SN

#2 turbanator

turbanator

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

Why am I getting this message? It's not like I creep people or anything. I'm signed in and I still get the message. Does anyone know why I might be getting this message?

Edited by Sukhi, 06 April 2010 - 09:59 PM.

Posted Image

#3 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Why am I getting this message? It's not like I creep people or anything. I'm signed in and I still get the message. Does anyone know why I might be getting this message?

I just noticed this too, as I cannot view my own profile currently. I thought for a second I got banned :D

Can't view profiles or use the 'Search' function currently. There may be a topic already, but I can't search for it :(

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#4 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

I have the same problem as well

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#5 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

Performance Mode.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#6 georgeparrosesmustache

georgeparrosesmustache

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

the past few days, I've signed in and my profile pic would be replaced with some anon. pic. When I click to see my profile it says I'm not aloud to see it but I can post.

It stops after awhile but it's friggin annoying

Posted Image

Pleasejustwin.

#7 Shattenkirk's Bald Spot

Shattenkirk's Bald Spot

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

I'm getting same thing.

And, after Canuck games the bar on the right hand side with status updates, recent topics, recent blog entries etc is gone. I'm assuming it's site overload after a Canuck loss. Basher fest! lol
http://a323.yahoofs....mWp1.CDGL9Cb9g6

Ew, just ew. How can anyone be a fan of that disgusting thing?

#8 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

The board was in performance mode, folks...

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#9 CanuckInUS

CanuckInUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:34 AM

X__________________

#10 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

Eww squish them :sick:

Edited by Venom52, 07 April 2010 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Olympic Canuck

Olympic Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

<br />In an effort to streamline things a little, I've seperated the bug and feedback threads. If you're having technical issues with the forums, please post here with a fairly detailed explanation of the problem, a screenshot if possible, and the following information:<br /><br />Browser used(Firefox, IE etc.):<br />Forum skin used:<br /><br />If your issue can't be solved easily here it will be forward to IPB staff.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />SN<br />

<br /><br /><br />

When I try to 'reply' to a post, as I've done with this one, the quote doesn't come out properly. The spacing is off, and you see codes such as <br . What's causing this?

I'm running Firefox 5.0. Forum skin is whatever the default is, I assume because I haven't changed it.

Thanks.

#12 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

I'm getting same thing.

And, after Canuck games the bar on the right hand side with status updates, recent topics, recent blog entries etc is gone. I'm assuming it's site overload after a Canuck loss. Basher fest! lol

Yup. Happening right now.

Here's a quick screencap:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

THE BOARD IS IN PERFORMANCE MODE AS IT OFTEN IS AFTER A CANUCKS GAME.

THE STATUS BOX, RECENT TOPICS BOX, BLOG BOX, PROFILE VIEWING AND MESSENGER WILL RETURN.

#14 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:43 AM

THE BOARD IS IN PERFORMANCE MODE AS IT OFTEN IS AFTER A CANUCKS GAME.

THE STATUS BOX, RECENT TOPICS BOX, BLOG BOX, PROFILE VIEWING AND MESSENGER WILL RETURN.

Is there somewhere that explains performance mode? I just don't understand why it has to be right after a game, since it makes things a lot harder for posters.
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#15 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

Is there somewhere that explains performance mode? I just don't understand why it has to be right after a game, since it makes things a lot harder for posters.

When there is a large spike in traffic on the board (ie: game nights), Performance Mode means that the board Admins can disable unnecessary features (profile views, blog/status/new topics boxes/messenger etc) to maintain site stability. It allows the board to save resources until the spike in board traffic levels off again. Once the traffic spike dies down, Performance Mode can be disabled and the board will return to it's previous configuration.

#16 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

So what's wrong with CDC!!?!!?!

lawl

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#17 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

This is the only forum/website I can think of that refuses to welcome more traffic and excitement, and instead decides to run what is, essentially, the internet forum equivalent of "safe mode," which doesn't do much except attempt to dissuade the users from coming on the forum when there's actually things to talk about on the forum. Is there no more effective way to do this than making the forum run like complete sh*t? (slow, laggy, with only half the features enabled?)

Of all the criticisms of CDC that are floating around, i'm shocked that this one isn't complained about more

Edited by glassJAw, 11 April 2010 - 05:35 PM.

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#18 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,736 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

This is the only forum/website I can think of that refuses to welcome more traffic and excitement, and instead decides to run what is, essentially, the internet forum equivalent of "safe mode," which doesn't do much except attempt to dissuade the users from coming on the forum when there's actually things to talk about on the forum. Is there no more effective way to do this than making the forum run like complete sh*t? (slow, laggy, with only half the features enabled?)

Of all the criticisms of CDC that are floating around, i'm shocked that this one isn't complained about more

It took me 45 minutes to get on and post that Chokinin and his Rags didn't get it done against the Flyers this afternoon. Had your so-called "safe mode" been off, I'd still be clicking the refresh button right now.

This forum is host to a lot of traffic; that's evident in the number of active posters there are and the number of guests that frequent CDC. It's no rocket science that those people will be on when big hockey news happens. I'd rather have a stripped-down version where I can still see what other people are saying about that news, rather than have to wait 5 hours before it becomes irrelevant (like what happened with game 6)

#19 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

<br /><br /><br />

When I try to 'reply' to a post, as I've done with this one, the quote doesn't come out properly. The spacing is off, and you see codes such as <br . What's causing this?

I'm running Firefox 5.0. Forum skin is whatever the default is, I assume because I haven't changed it.

Thanks.

Firefox 5.0 ?
The newest one is 3.6.3

#20 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

It took me 45 minutes to get on and post that Chokinin and his Rags didn't get it done against the Flyers this afternoon. Had your so-called "safe mode" been off, I'd still be clicking the refresh button right now.

This forum is host to a lot of traffic; that's evident in the number of active posters there are and the number of guests that frequent CDC. It's no rocket science that those people will be on when big hockey news happens. I'd rather have a stripped-down version where I can still see what other people are saying about that news, rather than have to wait 5 hours before it becomes irrelevant (like what happened with game 6)

^ What he said.

It's ridiculous that the NHL can't provide a server that can handle the amount of traffic this board gets. It's been a problem for YEARS and they've completely failed to address it. People shouldn't blame the mods or admin, because they've been running around and trying to make the best of a bad situation for as long as I can remember.

I'm amazed this board managed to get as many users on at the same time as it did in 2008 to break the record. Of course, most who were there couldn't do a damn thing because they were waiting for a page to load.

Bush league stuff, NHL.

Edited by raven warrior, 11 April 2010 - 06:37 PM.

s_l_s.gif

burroes.gif

#21 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

Well, the alternative is/was the kickapps boards and there was such a hue and outcry about that disaster of a board model that we did get to keep this one when most (if not all) other NHL team sanctioned boards were forced to change over.

You guys aren't the only ones frustrated! :)

#22 i4i

i4i

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

^ Exactly.

CDC crashed at 11:30am for me. And, for me, it just got back on track; that's a span of 7.5 hours!

Posted Image

Sig made by allons-y. Concept by canuckforever00.

Thanks guys.

#23 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

It's very frustrating to see a server lag and shut down on a Sunday morning/afternoon, and it's not even a golf forum. I'm still new and I don't know what happened to this forum after game six, but if it breaks down after games, something needs to get fixed. Since I'm new, I'm not going to point the finger yet, but I would like to know what the hell is wrong with this forum. Basically, the server can't handle rush hour = forum fail.
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#24 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:54 PM

It's very frustrating to see a server lag and shut down on a Sunday morning/afternoon, and it's not even a golf forum. I'm still new and I don't know what happened to this forum after game six, but if it breaks down after games, something needs to get fixed. Since I'm new, I'm not going to point the finger yet, but I would like to know what the hell is wrong with this forum. Basically, the server can't handle rush hour = forum fail.

Game 6 = Every user flooded this board at the same time to give their 2 cents on Luongo's 3rd period that resulted in the Canucks getting eliminated. You know, the bandwagon people who come here to flame, and the die hards who defend him. After the first attempt failed I didn't even try to access the board until the following day.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#25 Riggs

Riggs

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

browser: Avant
skin used: I try all of them.

I don't know if it's just my browser or whatever, but posting messages has become a pain on here and the main reason I rarely visit. I use Avant but people who use the newest Firefox have told me they have the same issue with the Editor.

After I click Reply, a tiny little box pops up for me to write in. I can use the buttons to enlarge the Editor size, but the box is still overlapped by the options pane (Other Styles, Fonts, Sizes, etc.). Something as simple as updating my signature takes way too long because the same stupid box covers the bottom of my signature preview. I end up having to find a post I've made to see what it actually looks like.

If there's a quick fix for this I don't know about, I'd appreciate it. I've always had fun reading and posting here but this new board software is really sucking the fun out of it for me.

Zack Kassian is the Chosen One. Bring back the Torres Turbo Diesel.
ryanwho.jpg
Yannick Weber's bazooka slapshot is a pure WMD. First unit PP, please.

#26 trek

trek

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,149 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

Is this board hosted by IPS on a shared server? Maybe consider moving to a dedicated one due to the high traffic.

#27 Olympic Canuck

Olympic Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

<br />Firefox 5.0 ?<br />The newest one is 3.6.3<br />

<br /><br /><br />

woops, ya that's right...I was looking at the wrong thing.

Anyways, so does anyone know how to solve this problem?

PS: as you can see, the problem is still occuring (see the <br / codes? this happens every time I hit the 'reply' button)

#28 trek

trek

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,149 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:01 AM

For some strange reason, this feedback forum does not display correctly on my iPad when the selected skin is Canucks Fluid. There are no threads listed.

#29 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 76 bytes) in /home/canucks/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 795

I reaaally wanted to see who had the most posts in the Great Thread of Absorption +6 thread :(

2013 CDC Poker, it's coming soon to a forum near you!

Posted Image

#30 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 76 bytes) in /home/canucks/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 795

I reaaally wanted to see who had the most posts in the Great Thread of Absorption +6 thread :(

Worked for me.

Krazz has/had 1939.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.