691 replies to this topic

#391 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Max for a Avater is 80x80, Here are some alternatives for you.

http://i18.photobuck...il/av-35299.gif

http://mmii.info/ico...ks-2007logo.gif

http://static.foxspo...go/Large/22.png

http://fantasyhockey...gos/nhl/VAN.gif

If size is the issue I can resize it myself, if that will work.

Well I think I got it to work, thanks for the help! :)

Edited by gumballthechewy, 12 February 2012 - 10:49 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#392 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

My avatar was one of the ones that disappeared with the change over. I of course re-uploaded it and it was fine for a while but it disappeared again a few days ago. It just showed a little box that said "Poetica's Pic" (I believe) but would never actually show the pic on either my PC or tablet. Obviously I re-uploaded it again so I've fixed it myself, but it is a reoccuring problem so I thought I'd mention it.

I've noticed other people's avatars are doing the same thing (i.e. showing an empty box I assume indicates a broken image link). Sometimes the avatar shows if you view their profile, sometimes it doesn't. (Mine wasn't showing up even there.)

On my PC, FireFox is not able to use spellcheck within the text box as I type a message here.

Also, on my Android tablet (using the browser it came with, not sure what it is to be honest...) I am not able to edit posts that I have made. I can click edit and it'll show me the text box for me to the edit the post but it won't actually give me a cursor in the text box to allow me to type or remove anything. I am able to make posts from my tablet though.

Edited by poetica, 13 February 2012 - 10:42 AM.

Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#393 Giroux28

Giroux28

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

I am trying to change my picture (nazzy one) and I have tried everything but it keeps on refreshing back to this even when it is the new one in my profile page. When I go back and check, it is reset to this. I even removed picture and reloaded the new one, and it keeps happening.

Any reason why?

Posted Image

Pacific Hockey League Commissioner | Colorado Avalanche General Manager

#394 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

I keep trying to change my profile picture and while it temporarily changes, after a few refreshes it goes back to the old one. How can I fix this? Thanks!
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#395 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

I keep trying to change my profile picture and while it temporarily changes, after a few refreshes it goes back to the old one. How can I fix this? Thanks!

I am having the same problem, i've tried changing it a couple times now and it
keeps going back to what i have right now.

Anyone know what's going on with that?

#396 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

No more automatic mobile version? I have to switch manually on my mobile browser now. It also changes it to the mobile version on my desktop as well. The forums are also very poorly formatted on the canucks android app.

I also have that problem (on a BlackBerry). I have to scroll down and click "manually change theme"; it goes to the desktop version, and I have to click again to change it to the mobile version.

Also, on my Android tablet (using the browser it came with, not sure what it is to be honest...) I am not able to edit posts that I have made. I can click edit and it'll show me the text box for me to the edit the post but it won't actually give me a cursor in the text box to allow me to type or remove anything. I am able to make posts from my tablet though.

My PlayBook has no problems with editing, or with the cursor. Maybe it's your browser?

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#397 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

Maybe it is the browser, but I'm using the one my Transformer came with so it should be supported as I would assume it's a commonly used one on Android. I tried Firefox when we first got the tablet but hated it.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#398 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

Why is it that when I uploaded my new avatar it shows up in the upload box. But when I post it is the old avatar and also in my profile it's the old avatar.

Note: When I remove my avatar then upload the new one it shows up then when I refresh the page it reverts back to the old one. I also noticed that my profile picture and avatar are different.

SYvE9NH.gif

#399 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

I am having the same problem, i've tried changing it a couple times now and it
keeps going back to what i have right now.

Anyone know what's going on with that?

Why is it that when I uploaded my new avatar it shows up in the upload box. But when I post it is the old avatar and also in my profile it's the old avatar.

Note: When I remove my avatar then upload the new one it shows up then when I refresh the page it reverts back to the old one. I also noticed that my profile picture and avatar are different.

Profile pic and avatar are now the same thing. I've run into the same issues as you when importing a profile/avatar pic from my computer.

This is what worked for me....

Click 'remove photo' for the old pic.

(I signed out and then back in.......just to make sure the old one was really gone.)

Upload your new pic/avatar to an image hosting site like tinypic, photobucket etc and enter the url for the new picture. Click 'Import'.

Adjust the crop if you need to.

Click 'Done'. when finished.

Note: The 'bug' might be related to whichever browser you're using. The above worked for me on FF.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 March 2012 - 12:09 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#400 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Nope definitely a site bug. I'm using FF right now exact same issue. Before I was using Explorer 9.

SYvE9NH.gif

#401 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Nope definitely a site bug. I'm using FF right now exact same issue. Before I was using Explorer 9.

Same thing here, can't change avatar..im on chrome tho?
Posted Image Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#402 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

UPDATE: I just tried again and was able to edit one of my posts without problem using my Android tablet. Not sure if there was a change to the forum or if it was just my tablet acting up before (Seriously, that browser sucks!) but this issue is resolved.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#403 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Noticed that the page number was acting up...

Posted Image

#404 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hello everyone!

Hope you're having a good day, are are ready for what will hopefully be another long playoff run!

I was trying to insert that go canucks go towel power .gif as my profile picture, but whenever I paste in the URL or take it off my computer, it's not animated. I was wondering if there is something special I have to do to animate my profile photo.

Thanks,

The Hornet

This is the pic im talking about: Posted Image (It moves here but not in my profile picture... it making fun of me!!)

Edited by The Hornet, 11 April 2012 - 10:32 AM.

Posted Image

#405 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

^^^

There are no more animated gifs allowed in avatars.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 11 April 2012 - 10:45 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#406 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

I sometimes (like now) can't copy and paste nor can I use features like links or strike through's. I have similar issues on other boards that use IP software.

I'm using Google chrome and windows 7 premium

Thanx.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#407 Shaft

Shaft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Everytime I come onto the site the mobile layout is being used. I change it to the Canucks 3.3 format and it works until I close the browser and come back onto the site. It then changes back to the mobile format. Is there anything I could do so I don't have to keep changing it?

I'm currently using the latest Firefox browser.

#408 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Everytime I come onto the site the mobile layout is being used. I change it to the Canucks 3.3 format and it works until I close the browser and come back onto the site. It then changes back to the mobile format. Is there anything I could do so I don't have to keep changing it?

I'm currently using the latest Firefox browser.

Same.

I just got a new phone. On my old phone, CDC always opened with the IPBoard Mobile, while my laptop and computer opened on IPBoard.

Now, my phone opens on IPBoard (always), so I change it to mobile. Then, next time I go on one of the computers, they open on mobile.

Any way you can set my phone to default on IPBoard Mobile, and my computers to default on IPBoard? An answer would be much appreciated.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#409 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Could your problem be the browser? I have mine set on IPBoard, and hasn't deviated since.

I still have a lot of problems with the skin on my phone though. I can't get it to the simple IPBoard Mobile for some reason.

Edited by GoaltenderInterference, 28 May 2012 - 02:27 PM.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#410 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Could your problem be the browser? I have mine set on IPBoard, and hasn't deviated since.

I still have a lot of problems with the skin on my phone though. I can't get it to the simple IPBoard Mobile for some reason.

It's not my browser, as the problem started with the new phone. Always used to work with Chrome, and I'm still using Chrome.

Posted Image

#411 Shaft

Shaft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm still having the same problem. What's really weird is that I signed out of my user on this forum, restarted the browser, then came onto this site without logging on and saw that the layout did not revert back to the mobile format.
As soon as I log onto my account it switches automatically to the mobile layout.

So if I'm not logged on the layout never changes when I close the browser, but when I stay logged on, it keeps changing.

Is there any way I can change that?

#412 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

Just waiting on a response SN. Even a simple "No, that's not possible, sorry" would suffice as it seems that multiple users are having this problem.

Posted Image

#413 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Just waiting on a response SN. Even a simple "No, that's not possible, sorry" would suffice as it seems that multiple users are having this problem.

I have asked several times about this as well. I ended up deleting the app from my phone.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#414 luongo_roberto

luongo_roberto

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Why are all the threads marked as read when I'm not signed into my account. I'm using the mobile skin on iPhone.

#415 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Master Baiter

• Administrators
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

I have the browser skin switching issue as well. I don't believe there's an auto-switching solution as of yet.

The page should detect whether you're mobile or not and use the appropriate skin, unless there's an override in the account settings or on the phone, but that doesn't seem to happen all the time.

#416 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Master Baiter

• Administrators
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

Keep trying and let me know if it works now. I toggled a few switches.

#417 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

Keep trying and let me know if it works now. I toggled a few switches.

Works now! Phone auto goes to mobile, and laptop/pc auto go to IP Board! Thanks Stealth, have a brand new phone*!

Posted Image

*Free phone offer not valid in British Columbia

Posted Image

#418 Shaft

Shaft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

It is working properly on my phone now but I'm still having the same issue on my computer.

Never mind, it seems to be working fine now. Thanks a lot :)

Edited by Shaft, 29 June 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#419 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,510 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Not a bug but I'm using Google Chrome and got:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

forum.canucks.com contains content from www.thenappyshop.com.au, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

When I clicked on topic 4 minutes ago: http://forum.canucks...mcision-ruling/

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#420 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Must be something wrong with the site someone's sig is hosted on. It happened before in another thread and SN explained it

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.