#512 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I thought I was a goner.

The website decided to log me out even though I always remain logged in. It then decided it wouldn't accept my normal username and password and allow me to log myself back in. This was during the third period of Saturday's home opener against Anaheim. In desperation mode I decided to pretend I lost my password and to get the website to email me a new one. Not so easy I discovered as the new password was no more acceptable to the website as the old one.After a few more attempts I decided to just give up and stop posting here.

Well I gave it another try today and here I am, so I guess persistence pays off eh. What a nightmare.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#513 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Very slow right now.

307mg00.jpg

#514 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

CDC Has been the slowest I've ever seen it be.....what the hell is happening?? It's not like Luongo has been traded or a game is going on....what's the excuse ??

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#515 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Master Baiter

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Terrible right now, looking into it.

#516 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

i was thinking how slow the site was on tuesday, and then i came back today, and something seems a lot better.....seems lighter and crispier and faster...me likey.....maybe this is something to do with the overhaul?.....or maybe this is my imagination?...i guess the only real way to tell will be come game time...hope this keeps up.....its been so bad the first few games i cant even be on the gdt...its to frustrating.

#517 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

i was thinking how slow the site was on tuesday, and then i came back today, and something seems a lot better.....seems lighter and crispier and faster...me likey.....maybe this is something to do with the overhaul?.....or maybe this is my imagination?...i guess the only real way to tell will be come game time...hope this keeps up.....its been so bad the first few games i cant even be on the gdt...its to frustrating.

Or put Performance Mode on, on game days?

307mg00.jpg

#518 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Or put Performance Mode on, on game days?

performance mode, is that something admin has to enable for the board or is there a user performance mode?

#519 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

performance mode, is that something admin has to enable for the board or is there a user performance mode?

Admin has to enable it.

307mg00.jpg

#520 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

I think the schedule on the mobile site is wrong

#521 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Seriously…. This brutal a board lag at 7:47 in the morning with only 39 registered members online? :rolleyes:

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#522 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,987 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Seriously…. This brutal a board lag at 7:47 in the morning with only 39 registered members online? :rolleyes:

The worst is at 12:00am at midnight.

You can't access the forum for a few minutes. I don't see this being fixed since it probably has to do with the server or something resetting.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#523 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I understand that this is a message board and not a chat room, so its not meant to be as efficient in handling the type of traffic that will happen all in one thread during the game in the GDT. But you do have a GDT, and I think its only fair that you improve its performance.

One thing that is very very frustrating that DOES NOT HAPPEN with other message boards anywhere, is that when you post in the GDT during a game, when the page finally refreshes, you are taken back to a page as it looked before you posted. So you have to then refresh again. (Clicking the >>> button to go to the last post does not function until you refresh - another bug) Then you scroll down and still may not see your post as there are now multiple new pages where it could be posted. So you have to click to the next page which takes a bit to load (which only exacerbates the process) then scroll again until you find it. So then FINALLY you find your post and can go forward and see the posts that came right after yours and see if anyone responded. What a headache. Especially in a fast paced ever-changing atmosphere like the GDT.

Every other message board I have ever used..once you hit the Post button, the page is refreshed and you are taken to your new post, wherever it is, and whether anyone has written after you by then or not. Why isn't that function written into the code?

#524 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Canucks vs Blackhawks tonight.

Oh boy... better put the performance mode on right now!

307mg00.jpg

#525 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

avatar bug noticed....everyone has no avatar ...feels like private school! :shock:

#526 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

I've got avatar bug as well. Also, some of the borders on the forum homepage are invisible. :S

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#527 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I seem to have mine (avatar) ..... but things do seem a little wacky around the board right now.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 04 February 2013 - 04:45 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#528 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

The whole new front page of CDC is straight up terrible. The extra sidebar selections while on a page (example in the photo) don't go away after selecting something else and they're just a pain in the ass getting in the way of everything.
What's the point of having additional, yet identical selections for things that we already went through the options and chose which one we wanted?

Posted Image

Edited by schlaBAM, 05 February 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#529 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Any time I open a new thread I get re-directed to facebook, that doesn't seem right.

Only on CDC threads, doesn't do this on any other website.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#530 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Any time I open a new thread I get re-directed to facebook, that doesn't seem right.

Only on CDC threads, doesn't do this on any other website.

Weird. Hasn't happened to me once yet.

307mg00.jpg

#531 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Weird. Hasn't happened to me once yet.

Gone now whatever it was.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#532 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

It's difficult for me to run Canucks forum on mobile.
Posted Image

#533 canux4ever

canux4ever

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

I am on the android app and what is happening is is that I am either taken straight to the last page or the first page of a thread and I can't change the page...Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by canux4ever, 10 February 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image

#534 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

nvm. Works now.

Edited by Where's Wellwood, 12 February 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#535 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I understand that this is a message board and not a chat room, so its not meant to be as efficient in handling the type of traffic that will happen all in one thread during the game in the GDT. But you do have a GDT, and I think its only fair that you improve its performance.

One thing that is very very frustrating that DOES NOT HAPPEN with other message boards anywhere, is that when you post in the GDT during a game, when the page finally refreshes, you are taken back to a page as it looked before you posted. So you have to then refresh again. (Clicking the >>> button to go to the last post does not function until you refresh - another bug) Then you scroll down and still may not see your post as there are now multiple new pages where it could be posted. So you have to click to the next page which takes a bit to load (which only exacerbates the process) then scroll again until you find it. So then FINALLY you find your post and can go forward and see the posts that came right after yours and see if anyone responded. What a headache. Especially in a fast paced ever-changing atmosphere like the GDT.

Every other message board I have ever used..once you hit the Post button, the page is refreshed and you are taken to your new post, wherever it is, and whether anyone has written after you by then or not. Why isn't that function written into the code?

Yes I'm quoting myself.

I was wondering if anyone in admin actually reads this thread. Is there no response to this problem? I'll try and explain again. It is maddening during GDT when you post and when it refreshes you don't know where you are. Sometimes it does take you to your freshly posted comment, but most times you are looking at a page that existed before you posted, and so the search begins. It may be on the following page....if not the next, or you can try to click on the last page number, where you may or may not be taken to that last page, and your post may or may not be on that page. So with the game ongoing, that you want to watch, you are distracted by having to be clicking one page after another and scrolling up and down to find your last post. This in order not to miss any posts coming after yours.

Again, why is there not code written in to automatically take you to your fresh post once you hit the Post button when in GDT? This is standard in all other message boards, and upon reflection it seems to work in other threads on here. It seems to only affect the GDT. Is it just because the system is "confused" because of the overload of participants? An answer would be nice.

#536 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,987 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Don't know if anyone else experienced this but...

When I edit a post with a video in it and then make the changes the video youtube link disappears.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#537 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

How the heck can i change my avatar now?

Im on Google Chrome.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#538 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Im on Google Chrome.

I thought Google Chrome was the best for this forum?

Not sure I use FF.

307mg00.jpg

#539 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Im on Google Chrome.

Go to your profile, and hover over your current avatar. There will be a "change" button for you to press there.

Not sure I use FF.

I use Chrome and honestly it's still a clusterf*** on here. As I posted a glitch above (that nobody replied to), that's just one of several problems I experience. But then again, it's also because I probably use an adblocker and websites seem to hate when we don't support their ads by malfunctioning.

Yes I'm quoting myself.

I was wondering if anyone in admin actually reads this thread. Is there no response to this problem?

I agree. I don't see any resolutions being made here by any admins, this thread is basically useless as there aren't ever any resolutions to anybody's problem whether it be performance, board errors, or anything.

Edited by schlaBAM, 13 February 2013 - 08:59 PM.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#540 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Not sure I use FF.

I'm on IE and the biggest problem (and I think the ONLY problem) I have is that I'll click "go to last read post" and it sometimes goes to the first page.

But the only thing that really bothers me is how the mobile app STILL doesn't have a "go to last page" button. I know there is the work around by changing the link, but still, I'd like to see them fix that issue.

Edited by GoaltenderInterference, 13 February 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.