The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Jerseys - Authentic vs Counterfeit

diagfplz

I stated explicitly clear in the original post that I'm trying to prevent people from getting scammed by knockoff dealers trying to make an easy buck. IF you want to buy knockoffs, go right ahead. I'm not here to debate philosophy with you. Theres loads of threads for that on here.

If These so called authentic jerseys were priced somewhere in the neighborhood of the knock offs there wouldnt be a problem

now would there? Overblown prices creates elitism. Proof? This whole thread!:P

You're kinda missing the point here. Knockoffs thrive by pushing an inferior product to unaware consumers at a lower price. If the authentic jerseys were $40, the knockoffs would probably sell for $20. While I agree that authentic jerseys are expensive, their quality cannot be denied. At the same time, knockoff jerseys simply do not have the same level of quality. This holds true to pretty much all counterfeited goods be it a 5 digit priced Rolex watch for a fraction of it's retail price or a $2 pair of knockoff apple earphones.

I'm willing to spend my money on quality products, with money and profits going towards the various companies/individuals who successfully built their brand. I'm not here to judge you if you would rather spend a fraction of the price for some mock resemblance, for I would assume no other reason except vanity. But for you to categorically suggest this thread is a demonstration of elitism is absurd. I've stated before that the only purpose of this thread is to prevent Canucks fans who don't know better from getting ripped off by unscrupulous middlemen that buy in bulk from overseas to peddle around on various local classified ads for close to retail prices for no other purpose but to profit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived