The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Jerseys - Authentic vs Counterfeit

diagfplz

Sweet, this is pretty much my original intent. I wanted to make sure people dont get duped into paying way more than they should simply because they dont know better.

edit: Whenever I find some time to sit down and take some pictures, I'm going to do a post on how to spot the fakes for the 94 cup run "skate" jerseys.

Hi. On eBay.ca, they were featuring a seller selling Canucks jersey during the run SCF run. I searched a bit and seemed the seller is known for authentic jerseys in other sports. I decided to take a chance as I can be covered by PayPal if it's not right.

So I just go it today and here are some pics. Can someone verify if it's authentic and if not, point out what's wrong with it? I can take additional photos if needed.

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Great post! I don't know what I was thinking when considering a fake jersey :-p Definitely buying an authentic one!

I just wanted to point out one more difference that I didn't see here on this thread... on the Rbk tag sewn into collar, the I in Centre Ice is different on the fake and real ones. That is actually the first thing I check in all jersey's. The fake jersey won't have the top and bottom to the I (if that makes sense- see pictures on page 1 of this thread :-p). Also, on a real jersey the stitching of the Rbk collar tag is only along the top (with blue thread) and bottom two corners- fake ones are stitched all the way around.

Hope that helps!

Archived