The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Jerseys - Authentic vs Counterfeit

diagfplz

• 4 weeks later...

What's sad about counterfeits is that some casual fans that haven't read this post on CDC may decide to buy a jersey and be tricked into buying fakes unknowingly. And not targeting anyone in particular or trying to make it personal, but, if you are really that cheap and don't wanna buy an authentic jersey, get a replica. And if you are still too cheap to buy a replica, then get a player tee for 20-30 bucks.

• 1 month later...

feels like its time for another shameless bump considering the wave of crap that is starting to hit CL again now that the season edges closer

You can't tell the difference between some. The Chinese are getting better at making knockoffs. I guarantee you that you couldn't spot a fake Team Canada jersey from 5 feet away. I saw so many but they looked so damn real.

97005211.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5540796DF0C34BA0A15245EC5BA7DBC8DCBF465E0BF63A8CD

Also compare the location of the Nike swoops on the front of the jersey in relation to that line where on the white jerseys, the red and white meets. On the knockoff jersey, the swoop is above that line whereas on the actual game shots, they're below.

97005211.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5540796DF0C34BA0A15245EC5BA7DBC8DCBF465E0BF63A8CD

Also compare the location of the Nike swoops on the front of the jersey in relation to that line where on the white jerseys, the red and white meets. On the knockoff jersey, the swoop is above that line whereas on the actual game shots, they're below.

That's actually ok placement. Only the authentic ones had the swoosh there. This is an official replica, and it has the swoosh higher than the authentic.

P1030271.jpg

P1030270.jpg

yah but most of the knockoffs go after the "authentic" model by sticking a fight strap on, so its a way to differentiate still I suppose.

Also, I think its in part Nike's fault that theres discrepancies between authentic and replica models. From what I can tell, none of the game pictures have a Nike Canada patch on the right sleeve, yet the official replica has it. Meanwhile theres two different "authentic" jerseys (one that is more common and one limited edition)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm planning on buying a couple jerseys off of craigslist. Saw a pretty good price for Premier jerseys (pretty much Boxing Day prices, but I don't feel like waiting until Boxing Day to only get a Large).

They look pretty legit to me, but it never hurts to make sure.

The seller claims he buys shipments of jerseys. Here is the link.

Here are the pictures that he sent me from his iPhone.

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm planning on buying a couple jerseys off of craigslist. Saw a pretty good price for Premier jerseys (pretty much Boxing Day prices, but I don't feel like waiting until Boxing Day to only get a Large).

They look pretty legit to me, but it never hurts to make sure.

The seller claims he buys shipments of jerseys. Here is the link.

Here are the pictures that he sent me from his iPhone.

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

That 3rd actually looks good. Surprised I didnt see this before this thread died.

Anyways, bringing it back again since the seasons starting. Remember boys and girls, every 40th anniversary jersey currently on craigslist and eBay are fake considering its not even sold at Rogers Arena or w/e they're calling home now. So take a good look at them!

3k63md3l25O45U45R4a9n3d100d141bdb11e0.jpg

3k03o43p65O65Q35Z6a9n97f3852a5c311267.jpg

3ma3pc3l45O35X35S3a9n7d1360c718a11c42.jpg

3n23k13o45Z45U25S2a9nedd38af88aa21410.jpg

^fakes

I can be reached by PM if you want me to check out an eBay or craigslist or w/e link. I'm sure the other knowledgeable folks here thats been contributing in this thread will also happily steer you in the right direction.

Archived