The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

------ Official Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread ------

winter

'Tenacious' and 'kanucks25' I agree with the most, make the guns have recoil and take out the noob tubes. Stop making Call of Duty a noob friendly game and reward players for actually taking the time to learn how to use the gun. I loved it when Call of Duty was simple, no killstreaks, no perks, just gun battles like back in Call of Duty 2. Nobody camped in that game, everybody ran around trying to kill each other.

this is the stuff treyarch has said that will not put in

While they’ve tried having custom killstreaks for each class, that seemed to complicate the ‘purity and speed’ of Create a Class.

• Consequently, it’s fair to assume that customizable killstreaks are all but confirmed.

• At this stage in development, killstreaks stack and carry over if you die, but do not contribute to further killstreaks (hence eliminating the ‘camping for killstreaks’ problem of Modern Warfare 2).

• Treyarch are not fans of Commando, the extended melee range perk in Modern Warfare 2, and it is unlikely to return.

• They’ve tried a ‘manned’ version of the Sentry Gun killstreak, but weren’t fans.

• We may well see a return to pistols as the only available sidearm, or perhaps a choice between pistols and launchers. Vahn and many of the team are not fans of shotguns and machine pistols as secondary weapons – it gives a player ‘too much firepower’.

• The knife may well become a secondary weapon – although Vahn didn’t want to say too much.

• Finally, don’t expect the nuke to return as a killstreak. Vahn says they are not fans of a game-ending killstreak.

Good stuff, but not sure about the killstreak thing.

Killstreaks not adding up to acquire your next killstreak (ex: getting a double kill with predator to get harrier) is fine, but I'm not sure about killstreaks carrying over even if you die. Yeah, people will probably camp a lot more trying to get their next killstreak, but almost everyone in the game will achieve their killstreaks if dieing doesn't disrupt them.

You can go 7-10 in the game and get your harrier. A really active person (the type that go 17-20 in a game) will get their AC130/chopper gunner.

I don't get that...

It rewards kills only (kind of like how free-for-all scores are done in MW2) and if you have a lot of people in the game that don't care about (or can't upkeep a good) kill/death ratio, there's going to be a lot of higher level killstreaks even though those people don't deserve them.

If the killstreaks do carry over, I'm sure the numbers would be tweaked. For example, I think a predator would be around 10 kills, give or take. An 11 killstreak would take around 25 kills to get.

From the trailer, it looks like there possibly could be a user-operated Apache... that would be pretty damn awesome.

This game is going to SUCK. I never buy anything Treyarch makes.

Treyarch has made:

CoD 3 - Terrible.

CoD WaW - Terrible.

CoD Black Ops - Going to be terrible.

There has only been three good CoD games; 1,2 and 4. Anything Treyarch has made and MW2 are crap. The franchise is going to make a lot more games but they're all going to be crap because of rushed development and the death of IW.

It's going to live off of it's name.

This game is going to SUCK. I never buy anything Treyarch makes.

Treyarch has made:

CoD 3 - Terrible.

CoD WaW - Terrible.

CoD Black Ops - Going to be terrible.

There has only been three good CoD games; 1,2 and 4. Anything Treyarch has made and MW2 are crap. The franchise is going to make a lot more games but they're all going to be crap because of rushed development and the death of IW.

It's going to live off of it's name.

Archived