The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond...how much to re-sign?

ratattack

I doubt MG will move Raymond for Eric Johnson who has an attitude problem. As much as I like the kid anyone is moveable if the return is good enough. It has to be a sweet deal or MG exercises his option and then deals him next year after he scores 35 goals. :blink: I mean isn't that how it works on this site?

No way Raymond goes for less than 3 million. If that's the case another GM throws him an offer sheet and gives up a 2nd. Just north of 3 million for 3 years is probably what he goes for.

Nothing over 2.5 million.

Hopefully he signs at around 2.25. When this guy gets his confidence going (right now) he looks great, but when he's not rolling, it's really frustrating to watch him.

Also, he's a RFA, not a UFA, so the Canucks have a bit of an upper hand.

I wouldn't mind if somebody gave him an offersheet and we got a 1st and a 3rd, because we're missing a 2nd and a 3rd in next year's draft.

Who are you and where can I find you? Clearly someone needs to slap some sense into you.

Kesler got a fair value contract, and he is WAY better than Horcoff. He's also better than Raymond, whether you care to admit it or not. He's not having a stunning playoff so far, but I'd still take Kes over 90% of the second line centers in the league.

No team is going to offer a first and third round pick for Raymond. They will sit right at 3mil bucks and give us a second rounder.

Im sure the Bruins are chaffing at the bit for that. We want Bostons second round pick????

Even if the thrashers or Islanders off him 3mil, thats still only 33rd overal and in this draft it means dry crap.

Do you guys even know how hard it is to find guys who can score in the this league? We sure have some pretty short memories from 2-3 years ago where we would have parted with all kinds of assets to gain a top 6 forward.

Now you want to chuck them out the window, even before they are in their prime?

Why? Because we want to fantasize about Cody Hodgson making the team all of a sudden?

That would be pretty damn stupid dont you think?

Im glad Gillis is the GM and not you guys.

What you guys are really saying is you want Raymond and Wellwood out of here to make room for the beloved Cody. We all get that.

Lets see Hodgson perform as a top line center in the AHL for a year before we talk about throwing our talented young Canuck forwards away .

I Agree with you on the part that Kesler got a fair value. But what i don't understand is how can you compare two players that play two different positions in Raymond and Kesler? I expect Kesler to be more developed then Raymond considering how many years has Kes been playing in the NHL more then Mason.

You do know that Raymond is finishing off his entry level contract right? DO you remember what Kesler was like back then. People were complaining he had hands of stone.

Who are you and where can I find you? Clearly someone needs to slap some sense into you.

Kesler got a fair value contract, and he is WAY better than Horcoff. He's also better than Raymond, whether you care to admit it or not. He's not having a stunning playoff so far, but I'd still take Kes over 90% of the second line centers in the league.

We overpaid for Kesler. I agree that Kesler is "WAY" better than Horcoff right now, but Horcoff put up 73 points in his contract year to earn his 5.5 per season.

I sure hope I'm wrong about Kes, but he's not getting it done the way a $5.5 million center should right now!

We overpaid for Kesler. I agree that Kesler is "WAY" better than Horcoff right now, but Horcoff put up 73 points in his contract year to earn his 5.5 per season.

I sure hope I'm wrong about Kes, but he's not getting it done the way a $5.5 million center should right now!

What about a $5.0 million center? Because I don't know where you got the extra half mil from.

The scoring race in the playoffs goes Crosby, Pavelski, Cammalleri, Samuelsson, Datsyuk, Richards, Zetterberg, Sedin, Ovechkin, Toews, Franzen, Sedin, Kane, Backstrom, Briere, Malkin, Satan, Clowe, Boyle, Kesler, and Heatley. With the exception of Samuelsson, Satan, and Clowe, all those guys make around 5 mil (or more), or are about to.

I see Raymond with no more value than Grabner , in fact I prefer Grabner in his spot long term, I think grabs has more overall hockey sence. So offer 1.75 , go to arbitration to 2.0 , one year deal and see how Grabner does next year

How the heck do we make room for prospects like : shirokoc, shroeder and all the other guys mentioned when we sell the farm to young guys with a break-out year? Caution and patience, use him as trade bait or taks an offer sheet if one presents.

I see Raymond as a more one dementional player with limited hockey sence and blazing speed. If his hands and head ever catch up to his feet, then ya , a raise is in order! Do not pay him as a one year wonder....cough ... Horcoff.....cough.

I see Raymond with no more value than Grabner , in fact I prefer Grabner in his spot long term, I think grabs has more overall hockey sence. So offer 1.75 , go to arbitration to 2.0 , one year deal and see how Grabner does next year

How the heck do we make room for prospects like : shirokoc, shroeder and all the other guys mentioned when we sell the farm to young guys with a break-out year? Caution and patience, use him as trade bait or taks an offer sheet if one presents.

I see Raymond as a more one dementional player with limited hockey sence and blazing speed. If his hands and head ever catch up to his feet, then ya , a raise is in order! Do not pay him as a one year wonder....cough ... Horcoff.....cough.

What about a $5.0 million center? Because I don't know where you got the extra half mil from.

The scoring race in the playoffs goes Crosby, Pavelski, Cammalleri, Samuelsson, Datsyuk, Richards, Zetterberg, Sedin, Ovechkin, Toews, Franzen, Sedin, Kane, Backstrom, Briere, Malkin, Satan, Clowe, Boyle, Kesler, and Heatley. With the exception of Samuelsson, Satan, and Clowe, all those guys make 5 mil, or are about to.

Archived