The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond...how much to re-sign?

ratattack

Wow I thought this thread was new and then noted everyone was in agreement that $3 million was a good deal for him. I thought I was still was still sleeping and having a nightmare, oh wait I am having a nightmare .. ah shucks, darn it, drats, ... doh!

Wow I thought this thread was new and then noted everyone was in agreement that $3 million was a good deal for him. I thought I was still was still sleeping and having a nightmare, oh wait I am having a nightmare .. ah shucks, darn it, drats, ... doh!

he went from 21 to 23 to 53 to 39 to 20 this season.

how about points per game?

0.43 to 0.32 to 0.65 to 0.57 to 0.36.

this season has been one of his worst by far but some of that can be blamed on his injury. regarless, 0.65 to 0.57 to 0.36 does not look good at all.

i'd put 2.25 or 2.5mil (per year) for 2 years on the table, see if he'll bite. All things considering, it's a short contract, he hasn't produced as well as he did before and there's no guarantee that he will get back to his formal self, both the club and MayRay have a win-win scenario. Yes he's pretty young but numbers don't lie.

I can't see re-signing Raymond. Yes, he has upside defensively and he has speed, but after this year his drawbacks to me are too many and too significant to bother re-signing. We need to get tougher and bigger and need a player that can stay on their feet.

The way hes playing, the most depressing thing is that he is taking up valuable minutes and doing nothing with them.. that is a roster spot I'd rather see replaced with someone else.. I'm done on the Raymond project. give someone else a chance!

Agree with all the recent messages. Would not re-sign Raymond at any price. If ever I have seen a player in need of a fresh start it's him. This team needs some new blood. Good luck to Mason wherever you wind up.

I would not be surprised to see him playing in Europe in a couple of years.

Archived