242 replies to this topic

#91 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,715 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

I'm not trying to attack, but I'm curious, what makes you say that? How is he worth more money than Mikael? And why 3 years?

He doesn't deserve more than Samuelsson but he'll probably get it, especially if he goes to arbitration, he's a high draft pick on an entry level contract coming off a good year, that nearly always favours the player (too much in my mind).

Posted Image

#92 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

No more than 3. Not until he finds his hockey vision. Skills are fine, just needs the eyes and mind to catch up.

I don't think he really deserves that much.

Edited by suolucidir, 03 May 2010 - 03:37 PM.

PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

View Postbahkwan, on 03 December 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#93 Finaddict

Finaddict

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

It will be impossible to keep him for under 3 million dollars. This is probably the number Raymond is going to stick to no matter what. Unless Gillis decides to invest in him and goes 2.5 for 6 years or something, it's not happening. If you think he's gonna take a 2 million dollar salary, dream on.

Gillis is not God, he just won the jackpot with Burrows. We can only hope that our team's success can be some sort of factor in getting a discount.

If he doesn't take 2 million than too bad. He can go to Florida and lose while the Canucks get good draft picks

Edited by Finaddict, 03 May 2010 - 03:39 PM.

Chuck Norris ain't got nothing on these Canucks

#94 sQuish

sQuish

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

2.0 to 2.25 million, 2 years.

#95 Number One

Number One

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

I hope he can sign for more. But less than he could actually get. We need our players to take a minor pay cut if they wanna win cups still. This is the greatest team to be a part of. I hope the guys can keep it that way. No better way to make a name than to win some Lord Stanleys you know. This is Canuck Nation retiring to eat something and do laundry before the game though. I can't wait to see you guys at the game. Wooooooooo!!!! *dances around like Kesler*
Posted Image

#96 T.TANTI

T.TANTI

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

Some of you fcking doorknobs need to realise Raymond plays for the Canucks, not the Florida Panthers.

3+MILL ? are you serious?!

This team has more depth now than it has had in 30 years and you wanna pay a guy who just followed up a pair of 20 point seasons with one good year - that kind of money... on THIS team?

You're fcken crazy... with guys like Schroeder and Hodgson waiting on the sidelines.... I like Mase but... Posted Image

Agreed. I'm so glad half of these guys are not our GM. If we went around signing every player to ridiculous contracts after they had one good year, we would soon look like the Oilers

#97 sport scout

sport scout

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

he will get over 3 mil a year. Not sure if he will sign here though.

Edited by Bertuzzi187, 03 May 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#98 RBork77

RBork77

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

I know Healey said tonight that he thought Raymond would get 3 mill per season. What do you guys think it will take to re-sign him? How long? Can we afford him?

Personally, if he'd take 3 per year I'd sign him for as long as possible.

Hopefully they don't base it on Kesler's contract, because Raymond has been playing way better than that bum during these playoffs!! Nice shot on a 3 on 1 Kes!!

He's been playing like a 2 million dollar center. I, for one, hope he doesn't have a NTC!

#99 RBork77

RBork77

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

If he doesn't take 2 million than too bad. He can go to Florida and lose while the Canucks get good draft picks

You prefer Kesler at 5.5 to Raymond at 3? pfft, Canuck fans are dumb. Kesler is our biggest mistake! He is our version of Shawn Horcoff!

#100 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

I doubt Shirokov will ever play for the Canucks again, he'd be with the practice roster right now if he was in the plans for the future.

You know, that's a great point, which I never thought of.

However, I don't think Shiro even has a chance at cracking the roster with the depth we have. I expect Gillis to move him - maybe before the draft so we can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Since most of us thought he wasn't coming overseas, turning a 6th into a 2nd/3rd is satisfying.
Posted Image

#101 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

I doubt MG will move Raymond for Eric Johnson who has an attitude problem. As much as I like the kid anyone is moveable if the return is good enough. It has to be a sweet deal or MG exercises his option and then deals him next year after he scores 35 goals. :blink: I mean isn't that how it works on this site?

Does Johnson have an attitude problem, or is that just a rumour?

I think the problem is that Johnson wants a bigger contract than the Blues think he's currently worth. With all of their excellent upcoming young D, they may not want to set a precedent. They are also going into another rebuilding year, with two cornerstone veterans (Tkachuk and Kariya) leaving. They are not a big market team, so they probably want to stay close to the salary floor.

As for Raymond, the problem I envision is him getting a contract over 3 million for 3 years+, then struggling (as many players do after getting big money), and becoming a bit of a salary cap anchor. Of course, he may continue to put up 25-30 goals a season and be a bargain, but that's far from a sure thing.

Edited by D-Money, 04 May 2010 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

#102 Luongod1

Luongod1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

31 years- 3.1 mill
he has not proven anything, so after then we will see If he deserves a raise from 200k

#103 Sultan of Sarcasm

Sultan of Sarcasm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

Hopefully they don't base it on Kesler's contract, because Raymond has been playing way better than that bum during these playoffs!! Nice shot on a 3 on 1 Kes!!

He's been playing like a 2 million dollar center. I, for one, hope he doesn't have a NTC!

Who are you and where can I find you? Clearly someone needs to slap some sense into you.

Kesler got a fair value contract, and he is WAY better than Horcoff. He's also better than Raymond, whether you care to admit it or not. He's not having a stunning playoff so far, but I'd still take Kes over 90% of the second line centers in the league.

Sultan, you are my hero.

#104 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,432 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:48 AM

I would give him up to 3.5 if we had to. Do not get rid of Raymond, we will regret it.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#105 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

No way Raymond goes for less than 3 million. If that's the case another GM throws him an offer sheet and gives up a 2nd. Just north of 3 million for 3 years is probably what he goes for.

Edited by blankall, 04 May 2010 - 09:48 AM.

#106 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Nothing over 2.5 million.

Hopefully he signs at around 2.25. When this guy gets his confidence going (right now) he looks great, but when he's not rolling, it's really frustrating to watch him.

Also, he's a RFA, not a UFA, so the Canucks have a bit of an upper hand.

I wouldn't mind if somebody gave him an offersheet and we got a 1st and a 3rd, because we're missing a 2nd and a 3rd in next year's draft.

Then whats the point of developing our players then when we just let them go because we don't have certain picks? So would you mind if someone offer an offersheet to Schoeder or a Hodgons in three years? You have to remember that Raymond been in the league roughly two and ahalf years. And at times they're going to struggle like any other player does at that age.
Yes the Canucks do have the upper hand but Gillis has stated that he will keep and develope his players for the long haul.

#107 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

Who are you and where can I find you? Clearly someone needs to slap some sense into you.

Kesler got a fair value contract, and he is WAY better than Horcoff. He's also better than Raymond, whether you care to admit it or not. He's not having a stunning playoff so far, but I'd still take Kes over 90% of the second line centers in the league.

I Agree with you on the part that Kesler got a fair value. But what i don't understand is how can you compare two players that play two different positions in Raymond and Kesler? I expect Kesler to be more developed then Raymond considering how many years has Kes been playing in the NHL more then Mason.
You do know that Raymond is finishing off his entry level contract right? DO you remember what Kesler was like back then. People were complaining he had hands of stone.

#108 Pinhead

Pinhead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

No team is going to offer a first and third round pick for Raymond. They will sit right at 3mil bucks and give us a second rounder.

Im sure the Bruins are chaffing at the bit for that. We want Bostons second round pick????

Even if the thrashers or Islanders off him 3mil, thats still only 33rd overal and in this draft it means dry crap.

Do you guys even know how hard it is to find guys who can score in the this league? We sure have some pretty short memories from 2-3 years ago where we would have parted with all kinds of assets to gain a top 6 forward.

Now you want to chuck them out the window, even before they are in their prime?

Why? Because we want to fantasize about Cody Hodgson making the team all of a sudden?

That would be pretty damn stupid dont you think?

Im glad Gillis is the GM and not you guys.

What you guys are really saying is you want Raymond and Wellwood out of here to make room for the beloved Cody. We all get that.

Lets see Hodgson perform as a top line center in the AHL for a year before we talk about throwing our talented young Canuck forwards away .

Posted Image

#109 Sultan of Sarcasm

Sultan of Sarcasm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

I Agree with you on the part that Kesler got a fair value. But what i don't understand is how can you compare two players that play two different positions in Raymond and Kesler? I expect Kesler to be more developed then Raymond considering how many years has Kes been playing in the NHL more then Mason.
You do know that Raymond is finishing off his entry level contract right? DO you remember what Kesler was like back then. People were complaining he had hands of stone.

I didn't really mean to directly compare them. I'm a huge fan of both. I just meant that Kesler brings more to the team than Raymond, and he is paid accordingly. Mind you, Raymond is obviously going to get more than the 1.75M Kesler got on his last contract...

Sultan, you are my hero.

#110 RBork77

RBork77

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

We overpaid for Kesler. I agree that Kesler is "WAY" better than Horcoff right now, but Horcoff put up 73 points in his contract year to earn his 5.5 per season.

I sure hope I'm wrong about Kes, but he's not getting it done the way a $5.5 million center should right now!

#111 Sultan of Sarcasm

Sultan of Sarcasm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

We overpaid for Kesler. I agree that Kesler is "WAY" better than Horcoff right now, but Horcoff put up 73 points in his contract year to earn his 5.5 per season.

I sure hope I'm wrong about Kes, but he's not getting it done the way a $5.5 million center should right now!

Good thing he's a $1.75M center this year then.

Sultan, you are my hero.

#112 RBork77

RBork77

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Good thing he's a $1.75M center this year then.

hah haha, touche. he's playing like it too! I guess I shouldn't complain.Posted Image

#113 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

What about a $5.0 million center? Because I don't know where you got the extra half mil from.

The scoring race in the playoffs goes Crosby, Pavelski, Cammalleri, Samuelsson, Datsyuk, Richards, Zetterberg, Sedin, Ovechkin, Toews, Franzen, Sedin, Kane, Backstrom, Briere, Malkin, Satan, Clowe, Boyle, Kesler, and Heatley. With the exception of Samuelsson, Satan, and Clowe, all those guys make around 5 mil (or more), or are about to.

Edited by D-Money, 04 May 2010 - 02:14 PM.

Posted Image

#114 Pinhead

Pinhead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

Did Horcoff win a Silver medal, get nominated for 2 selkes, and get his 73 points playing on the SECOND line of revolving linemates?

I guess not .

Posted Image

#115 c0medyClub

c0medyClub

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

4 years at 650 million dollars.
Posted Image
credit to CaptainUnderpants!

Posted Image

LED ZEPPELIN IS GROSSLY OVERRATED

#116 Pinhead

Pinhead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

What about a $5.0 million center? Because I don't know where you got the extra half mil from.

The scoring race in the playoffs goes Crosby, Pavelski, Cammalleri, Samuelsson, Datsyuk, Richards, Zetterberg, Sedin, Ovechkin, Toews, Franzen, Sedin, Kane, Backstrom, Briere, Malkin, Satan, Clowe, Boyle, Kesler, and Heatley. With the exception of Samuelsson, Satan, and Clowe, all those guys make around 5 mil (or more), or are about to.

Even the guys on Versus last night were raving that Kesler is one of the most underrated players in the league STILL and probably Vancouver most important skater because of his versatility.

Considering its overwhelmingly a Flyers/ Red Wings / Hawks channel, thats pretty high praise.

Posted Image

Edited by Pinhead, 04 May 2010 - 02:41 PM.

Posted Image

#117 Puckster

Puckster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

I see Raymond with no more value than Grabner , in fact I prefer Grabner in his spot long term, I think grabs has more overall hockey sence. So offer 1.75 , go to arbitration to 2.0 , one year deal and see how Grabner does next year
How the heck do we make room for prospects like : shirokoc, shroeder and all the other guys mentioned when we sell the farm to young guys with a break-out year? Caution and patience, use him as trade bait or taks an offer sheet if one presents.
I see Raymond as a more one dementional player with limited hockey sence and blazing speed. If his hands and head ever catch up to his feet, then ya , a raise is in order! Do not pay him as a one year wonder....cough ... Horcoff.....cough.

#118 Nuck1ehead

Nuck1ehead

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

2.5mil

#119 Pinhead

Pinhead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,434 posts

I see Raymond with no more value than Grabner , in fact I prefer Grabner in his spot long term, I think grabs has more overall hockey sence. So offer 1.75 , go to arbitration to 2.0 , one year deal and see how Grabner does next year
How the heck do we make room for prospects like : shirokoc, shroeder and all the other guys mentioned when we sell the farm to young guys with a break-out year? Caution and patience, use him as trade bait or taks an offer sheet if one presents.
I see Raymond as a more one dementional player with limited hockey sence and blazing speed. If his hands and head ever catch up to his feet, then ya , a raise is in order! Do not pay him as a one year wonder....cough ... Horcoff.....cough.

How about we use Hodgson as trade bait instead?
We all get it. You guys think getting rid of Raymond makes Hodgsons chances of making the team better.

The same non logic as you used last year, when you guys had him penciled in as the Canucks SECOND line center. Face it. He just lost a full year of development when he wasn't ready before.

Hodgson is the most over rated draft pick the canucks have ever had. You guys refuse to ever let the guy develop and leave him alone. You all are in this HUGE RUSH to get him on the team and then the Captaincy . Its the most over hyped thing I have ever seen in my 33 years as a canucks fan.

Give Hodgson time to develop. Its going to be at least 2 more years.

Posted Image

#120 RBork77

RBork77

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

The scoring race in the playoffs goes Crosby, Pavelski, Cammalleri, Samuelsson, Datsyuk, Richards, Zetterberg, Sedin, Ovechkin, Toews, Franzen, Sedin, Kane, Backstrom, Briere, Malkin, Satan, Clowe, Boyle, Kesler, and Heatley. With the exception of Samuelsson, Satan, and Clowe, all those guys make 5 mil, or are about to.

PAvelski, Backstrom Franzen don't make 5 million, Toews is in his last year of his 2.8 contract year. Franzen makes 4 mil (which where I think Kesler should be). I thought Kes was at 5.5 million. 5 is a bit better.

I don't care what the owners pay the players, I just worry about tying up alot of money on 4 or 5 guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.