Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GZA

Chris Tanev Talk

429 posts in this topic

Evidently, Tanev was the best Canucks prospect in the 2010-2011 season.

Look out in 2011-2012 though...

This is going to be Cody Hodgson's 1st full summer of training without having to rehab from a back injury. He could come out flying and easily resume his position as the top prospect for the Canucks.

Also looking good is Sergei Shirokov. He could crack the top 6 next season with Raymond's injury. Not to mention, there is a huge dark horse flying over from Sweden in Anton Rodin. I think this kid is going to be very impressive. Good size, grit, speed and skills. He was great on NA ice in the WJC for Sweden, and I suspect he'll be one of the top prospects in the next rookie/training camp.

Although, Tanev isn't going to be just sitting around waiting for these guys to catch up and surpass him. He'll be training with Hodgson in Toronto during the summer. He said he's priority is to bulk up and work on his shot from the point.

4 prospects I can't wait to see next summer:

Hodgson, Tanev, Shirokov, Rodin

Schroeder doesn't make the cut because I believe he won't be ready until he spends at least one or two more years in the AHL.

Yeah, hopefully he gets to work with his buddies from Markham - Stamkos and Subban - and develop a real good shot. emot-parrot.gif Adding strength and bulking up to maybe 195 or 200 lbs would help too. His skating's already so fluid. He's got the potential to be a really good defenceman for us. So glad we found him!

Yeah, hopefully he gets to work with his buddies from Markham - Stamkos and Subban - and develop a real good shot. emot-parrot.gif Adding strength and bulking up to maybe 195 or 200 lbs would help too. His skating's already so fluid. He's got the potential to be a really good defenceman for us. So glad we found him!

Evidently, Tanev was the best Canucks prospect in the 2010-2011 season.

Look out in 2011-2012 though...

This is going to be Cody Hodgson's 1st full summer of training without having to rehab from a back injury. He could come out flying and easily resume his position as the top prospect for the Canucks.

Also looking good is Sergei Shirokov. He could crack the top 6 next season with Raymond's injury. Not to mention, there is a huge dark horse flying over from Sweden in Anton Rodin. I think this kid is going to be very impressive. Good size, grit, speed and skills. He was great on NA ice in the WJC for Sweden, and I suspect he'll be one of the top prospects in the next rookie/training camp.

Although, Tanev isn't going to be just sitting around waiting for these guys to catch up and surpass him. He'll be training with Hodgson in Toronto during the summer. He said he's priority is to bulk up and work on his shot from the point.

4 prospects I can't wait to see next summer:

Hodgson, Tanev, Shirokov, Rodin

Schroeder doesn't make the cut because I believe he won't be ready until he spends at least one or two more years in the AHL.

Rodin is going to be playing in north america next season?

I think Hodgson, Tanev, and Shirokov should be on the team next season. They looked like

they are ready to play in the NHL, when they played in those games for us last season. But

im not sure if the coaching staff see it the way most of us fans do though.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a Salo/Tanev pairing that'll be interesting.

I would laugh so hard if he came back next season and was shooting 100+mph.

I'm at least willing to bet his shot will be his biggest surprise for us come September. I have this feeling he'll be great at getting low pucks on net.

I'm curious to see how he'd do on the powerplay...he put up pretty impressive point totals as a freshman on a so-so college team so he must have some offensive instincts.Since he's such a good passer and makes such smart decisions he could turn out to be a real good pointman on the powerplay.Does anyone know if he got PP time on the Moose and if he did,how did he look?

<br /><br /><br />

I totally agree he's jumped ahead of everyone else in the system,forwards or d-men.I was really impressed with his play at the prospect tourney last summer (which seems like 5 years ago now) and could see he had tons of poise and potential but I never thought he would be NHL ready so quickly.His learning curve must be almost straight up the last few years to go from JR B one year to being a top Collegiate player the next then making the jump onto the top team in the NHL and not looking out of place at all,even in the SCFs.I'm not really one to make wild predictions but if,and that's a big if,he continues to develop at this pace he could become one of the top defencemen of his generation.

Tanev's defensive game is awesome and will only get better

the more he plays next season.

I personally can't wait to see how many points he gets next

season. I would like to see him get around 10 - 20 points.

Then progressively get better in each of the following seasons.

They both play the right side.

What a nice change to see a Canuck prospect pool that actually produces players that can challenge for roster positions. As good as Tanev looked I am also very curious to watch Sauve. He looked good in his 3 games and didn't hesitate to use his body. He might end up being the physical top 4 dman that this club is crying for.

Sauve and Tanev have some uncanny chemistry while they played a few games together in the Moose until Chris got the call. Tanev will be given every chance to make the big club because of a solid outting for us last season. Sauve is definetly a guy to watch, but someone not to forget is Ryan Parent.

Is it just me, or does Tanev play well with who ever he is paired up with?

When paired with Ballard, he had some unreal chemistry. Its was almost

the same when he was paired with Alberts. The only player i can think of

that he kind of struggled with is Rome...

He'll inevitably end up with Edler at some point in time and I have a feeling it's going to stick!

Everyone struggles when they play with Rome...

Hah exactly.

The one thing I could see bumping tanev from the line up though is a strong camp by parent. Parent is actually projected to be a really good d man and he is still young. I think he is on a 1 way contract so we couldn't call him up last season. Watch for him to replace Rome/alberts.

I honestly believe this guy will be on our startig day roster and should probably be our most improved player. Tanev's defensive positioning and overall defensive play is very similar to that of hamhuis exept the physical aspect but I expect him to bulk up, learn more from hamhuis and have an excellent season. This kid will take up salo's spot on the team after this upcoming season.

hamhuis - bieksa

Edler - tanev

Those parings should last a while.