Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GZA

Chris Tanev Talk

429 posts in this topic

Pretty sure Tanev already played himself on the 2011/2012 team with his play during the playoffs

He is the one prospect IMO most likely to play an entire season with the Canucks this coming year.

Pretty sure Tanev already played himself on the 2011/2012 team with his play during the playoffs

He is the one prospect IMO most likely to play an entire season with the Canucks this coming year.

Sweatt does offer more of an offensive presence but its hard to pick that over Tanev's solid overall play. But it should be solid competition between the two during camp.

I honestly believe this guy will be on our startig day roster and should probably be our most improved player. Tanev's defensive positioning and overall defensive play is very similar to that of hamhuis exept the physical aspect but I expect him to bulk up, learn more from hamhuis and have an excellent season. This kid will take up salo's spot on the team after this upcoming season.

hamhuis - bieksa

Edler - tanev

Those parings should last a while.

The thing I really liked about Tanev was that he took some real hits in the corners and jumped right back up. That is almost a novel approach for Van d-men!:)

With Bieksa re-signed it might be sacrilege for some but I think it is time for Sami to move on. The young guys like Tanev, Sauve and Sweatt should copmpete for that ice time. If Ehrhoff goes then maybe Sami at a serious discount.

How is his frame? Does he need to fill out a bit?

How is his frame? Does he need to fill out a bit?

Chris Tanev is BOSS.

If he adds a bit of size, he should have a strong season.

The league will collectively ask "who the f**k is Chris Tanev?"

He's probably still lifting weights as we speak haha

He's going to be so good when he fills out his frame and improves his shot

It's unreal how his learning curve has been so great. IMO you just can't even project what he'll end up like just because of that.

He'll likely hit a wall in terms of development. Once his gets his NHL size, he's not going to improve significantly. It's easier to improve when you used to suck and was a midget and all of a sudden grow. But once you hit that ceiling, it's very hard to take it another level. Sedins were able to do it - as they went from stars to superstardom in 09.

Tanev might not even end up EVER being a top pairing defenseman. Let's be realistic. I think he'll end up being a solid top 4 defenseman when he tops out. MAYBE a top pairing defenseman, but he would have to work really really hard to get there.

I think he'll be an extremely solid Top 4 D-man, maybe borderline top pairing guy if things work out. He has some very good hockey sense and poise with the puck, which is extremely rare in a D-man for his age. He already has the skating down pat. All he needs is to work on physical things like strength and shooting. His offensive production could also stand to improve, which is why there's a chance he could start with the Wolves.

If Tanev does get a full time slot this next season, would anyone else like to see his number changed?

Can they do that at this point? I find it random that we have 1 d-man with a ____teen number.

If Tanev does get a full time slot this next season, would anyone else like to see his number changed?

Can they do that at this point? I find it random that we have 1 d-man with a ____teen number.

I'm fine with Alberts (41) and Rome (29) because we have goalies with #'s such as 31 and 35.

I do sometimes wish Edler could be like a one digit number, but I guess those were taken when he came.

We can never use 7 again eh?

Sweatt does offer more of an offensive presence but its hard to pick that over Tanev's solid overall play. But it should be solid competition between the two during camp.

Tanev will probably wear 8 as Sturm usually wheres 18